Note to New Members ×

Aspen Cougars

John Gilmour

:rolleyes:Jim Callen, got a Cougar Cub Cam ? snap some stealthy paparazzi style pix ?QUOTE]

Nah, paparazzi get stabbed in Aspen.

was there a stabbing incident ?

http://www.bittenandbound.com/2008/01/06/goldie-hawn-doesnt-feel-safe-in-aspen/

http://backseatcuddler.com/2008/05/03/heidi-klum-has-a-surprise-for-the-paparazzi/

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nope. just happened to be in Paris the same time as the Cup and convinced wifey to hop a train up north to check things out for almost 2 days. The metro was on strike in Paris so it seemed like a good idea at the time:D

Man, we planned our trip to touchdown in Paris a day after Euro ended, we wanted to be part of the celebration. When we were in Marseille, we realized the Beach Soccer World Cup was kicking off there right after we left too, that would've been great to attend.

• 3 weeks later...
A huge cougar herd is arriving- (a influx of bo-tox shipments is a good indicator) the seasonal migration has begun... I am going to take some candid shots of them near their favorite habitats... Prada Pass, Louis Vitton Valley, and Gucci Gulch. They have been know to wallow in the hot pools of the St. Regis area- where dim lighting + vision obscuring steam, and lack of younger females seems to make them more confident as they look for new prey.

JG how's that influx of cougars going for you, are you keep low?

It will be interesting to see the difference when I come out for SES. Here in my area the cougars are looked at in a different way.

post-831-141842269203_thumb.jpg

What's wrong with cougars?!?!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKZ4ZJ49QHc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKZ4ZJ49QHc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

That cougar @ 1:00 is quite the catch!

My friend has been trying to take me cougar hunting for some time now. Not that I don't want to go, just haven't had the time to get that drunk.

JG how's that influx of cougars going for you, are you keep low?

It will be interesting to see the difference when I come out for SES. Here in my area the cougars are looked at in a different way.

Randy: Do you have the high res pic of that sign? I would REALLY like to poster that bad boy and give it to a co-worker. He LOVES him some cougars!

• 4 weeks later...

But I did teach this one to snowboard... the one on the right.. with the odd photo angle... yes..she's real.. another South African from Port Elizabeth. I got her carving linked turns on AJAX in one run.

n532840505_4614137_4841.jpg

I'll see if I can get her to come to SES.

Andrea may take some time... she's not as much of a little.... bionic dynamo as Alexis.

I guess I should get this thread back on track... with some cougar photos.... uggh... actually this was not created as a separate thread at all... it was clipped out of another thread and made into a thread by the moderator... too bad because I really don't want the credit for starting this thread..

how about some young vixens instead of the cougars ?

thanks to dano for youtubing the vid

John is an excellent instructor:eplus2:

what happens in Aspen.......gets broadcast over the internet:cool:

yet anuther reason why JG is my hero :biggthump

asick snowboardah !

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLDE9jSc0eY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLDE9jSc0eY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Can you get them to come and hang with all the guys on the night that the SES Chicks night is on? It's the only way I'll get a chance to discover first hand how jealous I am of your life without getting a smack around the ears from the other half!!!

Oh yeah, and I'm a sucker for a Saffa accent...

:1luvu:

She's already jibbing the park today...

to top it all off- Alexis' got the free ski pass, a nice condo 1 block from work and 3 blocks from the gondola, and saved $5,000 cocktail waitressing and bought a computer and complete snowboard and outfit..

Plates are next. riding with her tomorrow.

.....go sick,girl.......:eplus2:

This video may not be suitable for minors.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0n7uVDQWrYs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0n7uVDQWrYs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

For I am your witness that. Blood and flesh can be trusted. .... Can I get an amen? Can I get a hallelujah? Thank you Jesus.:1luvu:

5G's since December and that was by Mid january.

She kills it at Sky hotel in the 39 degrees bar makes $400-$600 an apres ski shift and for breakfast she makes $250-300.

That goes really far in South Africa... like as far as $40,000 would go here. A drink at the nicest club there is under $1 USD

The girls invited me down to Port Elizabeth to go kiting in Aspen's off season. And the bar pays for her ski pass worth $2100- plus she gets free rentals.

so somethings have been odd in my life. everything that I imagine often happens.

So I go out to eat with a great friend of mine, Don a wine chemist, brilliant insightful guy.. we got to Cache Cache.. Don foots the tab since I normally cook dinner.

While I am there sitting at the bar an attractive 36 year old blonde with a fabulous body (all real) plops down beside me and gives me that look... y'know the "Hey - pay attention to me!"

http://yourbestfriendcalled.com/

She looks like 31 (she's 36) and very personable. Her business might actually help my renewable energy idea.. So I continue talking. I suppose the outfit was influential too.

So we talk... next thing you know we have a date to go skiing. 2pm the next day. I'm busy doing photoshoots all day at Highlands, and find out that all the photos have to be in early...so it looks like I'll actually keep the date.

I Show up 15 minutes late.. and go skiing... she's unfortunately no good skiing at all... she's on 135cm skis. can barely handle Copper at Aspen. I don't want her to get hurt (copper was hte steepest run she ever id and I had to coach her down a bit) ..so I get her off the slopes.

I decide .. its Beer time. Take her to the popcorn cart- split a sandwich while waiting for apres ski at Pacifica to open...talk a little more about her business. I'm thinking she's friendly but not sure if this will end up working out business wise.. but anyhow.... I decide time to get her home.... politely

So I decide to be a total gentleman. Walk over to my house (she's already walked 6 blocks in hard boots. Show her my stereo. (COMPULSORY to all in the Gilmour household) she doesn't understand it.... minus 1 ....minus 1 ....minus 1.... ok fine..

And being a gentleman, I say.. " you shouldn't have to walk another step in those boots..." And I go down to the garage, pop her in the Uber benz and drive to get her skis. I go get her skiis, her shoes from the locker and her poles. I bring her the shoes back to the car- get her ski boots from her..and trek across to D & E board shop.... to dump off her stuff. Why? Because that is the right thing to do.

She is loving it...

Kicking in the car listening to the stereo...

So while returning the stuff I walk past a woman... with amber red hair.. so shiny it would make the lights of Las Vegas look dim.

I get about 5 compliments a day on my hair (Which I wish was all black) so I tell her in passing.. "Wow you have the most amazing hair"

- not that she spends any time on it...-

So she thinks the crappy skiis are mine and I tell her they belong to a woman I went skiing with.

She says

" Snowboarding is sooo much cooler than skiing" and I said yes... funny I was thinking the same thing today.. seeing ski school dragging people in a snake line down the hill looking sooooooo dorky..

I ask her if she snowboards.. she says yes.. " I tried to do a 360 today and cracked my helmet"

I told her to replace the helmet..

----------------------

OK A.D.D. moment...before I forget to mention this....

- Elle Macpherson....

The challenge from Fin last year was that Elle shows up for SES every year the same time... and for me to get her to carve...

I figure... I'd have to marry her first... not happening...

http://www.bomberonline.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=24387&highlight=macpherson&page=2

I talk to Ray and Anja who both saw her... and said she came and left already... ( :( )

So I figure ...no chance... But I'm still thinking about meeting ther...though I can't imagine getting her to carve...

So Last day of SES.... its first tracks on Ajax on Friday.... I RUN RUN RUN to make it... but woke up too late.. the gondola just closed... So I figure I''ll wait to watch to see who gets down the hill first... I'm even wondering... "Why am I bothering to wait" While waiting I see Jane Botsford's (super Cute girl ex ford model from highschool) husband and if He wasn't there, I certainly wouldn't stayed. So we chatted for about 10 minutes and it turns out he's really into Alpine snowboarding and he'll probably come out to ride.

So who is first down the hill at first tracks on Friday? (Coiler?...Prior? ...Virus? ) Well of course the ski guides have to lead the way. But the first other person shows up wearing jet set ski pants and I thought to myself, hey doesn't Elle Macpherson wear jet set ski pants? Then I look at her and I say... "Wow, that girl is really tall." And then she starts to talk to the ski instructors and says "I certainly am happy you convinced me to do this this was wonderful." And I thought, well she certainly has a strong Australian accent. And mind you I am terrible at recognizing people have a hard time recognizing all the carvers. So I take a closer look and I thought... yes, this is her...ummm I think. But I still don't want to go bother her because I'm not totally sure. The only person I know who can positively ID her is Ray.

So moments later, I'm thinking "I wish my friend Ray was here" and in an instant the entire virus snowboards carving crew shows up at the bottom of the gondola -- they completely dominated the pack.

And I can see that Ray has noticed her, and without even having to ask Ray at this point I realize it's definitely her.

So I walk up to her and start talking and I asked her "you always see us carving snowboarders every week when you come to Aspen each year would you like to learn? I'll teach you. And I'm pretty good at teaching. You won't get hurt"

She said "no, I don't think I could ever do that" and I said "well, perhaps next year you will change your mind" and walked away. I thought she was one of the most timeless beauties. year after year looking stunning...

At least, I have Ray as my witness that I did try to get her to go snowboarding. Also one of the guys from virus, I forget his name, but he's a really nice tall guy, he got a picture with her.

So in this mission... I have completely and utterly failed.

And in an odd way, ..... not that I ever had snowballs in hell chance... I am glad I offered.. These sort of things are what makes my life seem so unbelievable... but ask Ray.

_____

Back to your original programming.

So back to the girl with the incredibly shiny hair. So we start talking, and somehow she invites me to go for first tracks tomorrow. I told her I'd make her better snowboarder. So I asked for her contact information... and she hands over a card. not a normal card... zero contact info...

She tells me she works for Hooters. And I mentioned to her, "that's so cool, because a few years back I was looking into getting a racing sponsorship from Hooters, because they endorsed racers from a variety of different sports. I was hoping for some attention from skateboarding racing, because it brings in a slightly younger demographic -- but most of the participants are over 18 so you don't have issues like you might have in other skateboarding realms, also you guys have your own airline, (had their own airline) and make a lot of money from the salad dressings that you supply to hotels."

She went on to say, "well unfortunately we don't have the airline anymore, but I could see what I could do towards getting you a sponsorship- the guy who owns Hooters just moved to Aspen" I said.. "Hell I'll teach him to snowboard"

So we talked a bit more, and I'm going to ride with her tomorrow.

She's pretty cool and athletic enough to do a backflip.

Here is a little clip with her.

By the way, please text message BJ058 to this number 35047 I SWEAR she did not ask me to do this, but it's on her card, and the more votes she gets before April 30, 2009 the best chance she has of becoming the Hooters calendar girl of the year... she's very pleasant and poised and responsible for a 20-year-old young lady....and trust me... NOT AN AIRHEAD even though she just seems playful in the clip. She could use your vote. C'mon guys text her... she could use the support of a few thousand carvers world wide... have the smart girl win the calender contest... I bet her IQ is about 145-160.

http://multimedia.foxsports.com/m/video/21824562/meet_brittany_johnson.htmA

certainly, she's no Aspen Colorado cougar., and frankly even without her attractive features she's totally got her head together and will go far.

Perhaps the cougars have changed their migration patterns...

Talk about anti-climactic!!! C'mon John, couldn't you make somethin' up???

Why would I ever make anything up?.... it would totally make everything unbelievable..

Now if Brittany would carve that would be huge.... and I'l try to get her to rip a few G's on the cord.. she looks fearless.

I have to do photoshoots all day.. so I only get one run with her and have to dash... but maybe I can invite her over for crepes.. since I can ski right into my house off ajax.

I hopped on the gondola early... hoping Brittany would just go up... wasn't sure if I was on the list so I just got to the top as fast as possible (Ie scooted up the gondola when no one was looking- no biggie since I have a season pass....but a guy has gotta do what a guy has gotta do). No Brittany... hopefully she was at the bottom thinking I stood her up. I had to get on the gondola early because I wasn't sure if my name got on the first tracks list.

Didn't see her but skied down with Elle.

Not so bad .. Bugged her to snowboard yet again..and she said No again.. I'll ask her one more time.

Drat.

Fin probably thought I would only ask her once...

I'm going to try for a third time to get Elle Macpherson to carve..

got this invite...

----------------------------------------

Quote:

Subject: Addition to 7pm Aspen One event...Thursday, February 19

Hello. We look forward to seeing you tomorrow. We will be presenting Elle Macpherson with the first Aspen One watch at 7pm near the base of the gondola. This will last approximately 20 minutes.

Best,

Leigh Vogel

----------------------------------

end quote:

I'll ask her a third time... again OT since she is younger than me and so does not qualify as a cougar.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

good Friend of mine tells me... that the producers of "Cougar Hunting" want to cast me in their movie..

how odd...

especially since I try to avoid cougars

The part..

"The Sexy Butler".................hmmmm............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................hmmmmmmmm.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................errrrrrr............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................welllll?................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

So at first I say "no"....

Why?

Well Aspen's economy imploded. Totally bust...

27 empty store fronts for May! 27! Like 1-2 is the norm... but 27! Wow. construction halted on huge timeshare projects.

But rents have stayed super high. Without income to support them. Housing prices have dropped... but rents have not.

So I did the math..

Live in Aspen offseason at $1500-$3000 a month without any work.... sounds like a losing proposition to me for a town without snow or waves.

-OR-

buy up peoples timeshare points at .20 on the dollar and go on vacation for 6 weeks for less than $215 per week in the Caribbean and Florida.... no electric bill, no gas bill, no internet bills, no cable bills, no phone bills, no a/c or heating bills, but WITH maid service and washers and dryers and full kitchens.. my major expenses are Pina Colada mix and Hawaiian Tropic Suntan oil. I hit Cosco up on the way down in Ft. Lauderdale and filled a cooler with food to offset the high food prices. Couldn't live in Boston NY or Aspen for that cheap. Hamptons are freezing now. Turns out no one who owns these timeshares can afford to do anything but pay the maintenance fees- and can't take time off from work to use their weeks. The hotels were empty ...like think 20% occupied. flights from Ft. Lauderdale to USVI are $79 each way.

So am I rushing back to be the Butler...

nooooooooooooooooooo.............................................................

but... if they are still shooting when I get back I have a funny idea...

4 weeks into this trip I am ridiculously dark.. think George Hamilton dark...

So if they do cast me.. I thought it would be funny that when ever I open up a kitchen cabinet door or closet door that there are tanning bulbs stuck to it... so when I am waiting for the cougars to get dressed or cooking for them I am tanning... (A job requirement to be tan)...lol.. I think it would be a very funny running gag.