Note to New Members ×

Coiler.....Coiler....Coiler...........

eaglez

I've got an AM-T 176 built in May 2008. I got about 5 or 6 days on it at the end of last season. It's a softer feeling deck than what I had been previously used to, but it is insanely grippy on earning morning springtime bulletproof and *somehow* also the best slush carving machine I'bve ever had attached to my feet.

If you follow the classifieds you noticed that I sold my previous AM-T 172 and it's non-metal twin, as they were too nice to become rock boards and I would always choose the new AM-T over either of the previous ones (which were both from the 06/07 season).

My impression is that Bruce tends to continuously innovate even over the course of a single season. You can't lose but you can't win either since a month after you get our board, he's alreday made an enhancement ;)

I just got my Turnschtubbie 171, 10.5 SCR, 20cm wide and tested it already on Rettenbach Glacier.

I just say: Bruce rules!

I tested so many boards last year and ordered this one blind and lucky me it's exactly what i was looking for. (of course bought it without testing, so it has to be good, right?! - no if i wouldn't like it, i would say that too)

This board is exactly what i was looking for, on one hand i can push it easily to small radius on european, crowded slopes, on the other hand going fast or steep, it is reallly stable, absorbs everything. I love metal! Even that it's so easy to ride, you can also go really aggressive and fast without loosing control.

The pic was made on really soft conditions but there was also ice that day on other slopes: Fantastic ice grip! Just love it! Can't wait for the next carving day.

post-7082-141842263381_thumb.jpg

Visited his shop last week, he is obsessed with quality and innovation. Constantly searching for better materials and techniques.

A rare craftsman.

I have been on a 10 year old Coiler pure race made for someone 50lbs lighter than me that has only lost 3mm of flex from original spec (6.5 from 6.8 measured on his bench)

Can't wait try my new metal RC!

Despite the material supply issues which now seem to be the hardest part of the process, things are moving on nicely!

Whats new for this year? Well as mentioned its just a continuous development and you can't make too many changes over the summer as things just can't be tested to prove that they are actually an improvement over the older stuff.

Seems this season, almost everyone wants a custom size. I have become so efficient at it with new tooling which was developed for total flexibility that I mostly do not have to charge any extra for it. As I get more sizes built, the data piles up so it makes it easier for me to modify and get it right the first time.

I only had one glass board on order all summer and built it in Titanal anyways so its pretty safe to say I am no longer going to do glass boards at all.

Yes, NO MORE GLASS BOARDS AT ALL!

Small changes have been made to nose scoops as I have flipped a few models up a bit to give just a bit more clearance.

The new AMs have a few designs that were tested last season ( I did more testing on these than any other board I have ever built!) and they are now more well rounded performers. These are probably the most versatile of any boards I do. Most popular sizes are 72 x 21.5 x 12m and 76 x 21.5 x 12m. That 12m just seems so nice as it can be pushed to turn tight if need be. Flex is softer in mid for added turn wrapability!

I have been doing quite a few of the "Monsters" this was originally inspired by a customers design and after testing I immediately built a 188 x 23 x 15/16m for myself and it was one of my favorite rides last season. They are actually quite soft but can be ridden pretty hard in varied snow. They use the race board decamber to give a great feel of control despite the length.

Early season I will be developing a full line which will be:

182, 185 and 188 all available in 20, 21.5 or 23 wide. Sidecuts will be 14.2/15m or the already tested 15/16m

Even did a 188 x 24 for a guy!

The NSR race boards have remained almost the same but I did add 6mm of scoop. They are still designed to be a super stable high speed freecarver or a race board which is a bit more forgiving than the full on race models. They use the Kessler inspired designs of high taper and stiff rear with variable sidecut from turny nose to straight tails.

Stubbies are also in big demand and you can all thank Shred Gruumer for his foresight as he stepped up and had me build him the original which was a 161 with 14.7m sidecut! Of course this has been toned down with the most popular size being 171 x 20 x 13.2m. I am doing customs in 173 and even have a 77 on order. The design is a short flipped nose and a lot of running length compared to overall length. Good all around carvers in a nice compact package. You may notice the dimensions are " Swoardlike" and yes that is the case as the short length and moderate sidecut is a fun design especially when mated with the stability to Titanal. I also have the Turnstub ( 11.5m) and Speedstub (13.2/16m)

Classic designs are also still going to remain. These are designs which utilize the old glass templates with slight modifications to make them more suitable to the metal. Normal size nose and tail with a good all around flex pattern. These designs can be transferred over well up to approx 180 overall length. Above that the Monsters will replace them.

All the tail shapes now include a small flat section with rounded corners. Its a perfect compromise as it has no sharp corners. gives a bit more lateral stiffness to the tail and my favorite, will allow them to stand up on end and not fall over so easily. I just got too pissed off having the rounded tail templates falling over all the time and me then having to repair the dents:freak3:

As for materials I have been using a few different lamination structures with varied carbon/ glass proportions. I try to match the lamination to the board and rider. Starting at higher end race its almost full carbon, the classics can go full carbon or carbon glass for a more relaxed flex. Stubs use carbon/ high performance glass and AMS use carbon but with the most glass for ease of flex and durability.

I have changed a few fabrics and now the boards will have a slightly higher fracture point which is no real big issue as even last season there were no concerns. Had 2 boards fail last season during violent crashes which was expected, one totally fractured and the other bent. Its the bent one which interested me as it means the materials held together through enough bending to fracture the core and possibly stretch other parts so it need not be any better than that.

So thats about all there is at this time, its metal , metal, metal! Looking forward to getting onto the snow for some testing but I feel the designs are real solid already and will be trying very minor tweaks to nose thicknesses and flex profiles .

My design philosophy has somewhat changed as I now try to make easy to ride boards which have great perfomance potential, I must be getting old!!

Stubbies are also in big demand and you can all thank Shred Gruumer for his foresight as he stepped up and had me build him the original which was a 161 with 14.7m sidecut! Of course this has been toned down with the most popular size being 171 x 20 x 13.2m. I am doing customs in 173 and even have a 77 on order. The design is a short flipped nose and a lot of running length compared to overall length. Good all around carvers in a nice compact package.

I must say that my Stubby (170cm x 21cm x 14m) is the most versatile board I've ever been on. It is a full on no-compromise carving machine and an all-mtn board at the same time. I even had it in about 6" of powder, and it worked surprisingly well there. If I could only have one snowboard, it would be this.

Between the materials, construction, and shape, it is as groundbreaking an advancement in alpine as I've ever seen. You're not going to see something like this happen every year. I've never been on a Kessler or Virus, but for the price who cares.

EEEKKKKK!! its speaks:eek:

Despite the material supply issues which now seem to be the hardest part of the process, things are moving on nicely!

Whats new for this year? Well as mentioned its just a continuous development and you can't make too many changes over the summer as things just can't be tested to prove that they are actually an improvement over the older stuff.

Seems this season, almost everyone wants a custom size. I have become so efficient at it with new tooling which was developed for total flexibility that I mostly do not have to charge any extra for it. As I get more sizes built, the data piles up so it makes it easier for me to modify and get it right the first time.

I only had one glass board on order all summer and built it in Titanal anyways so its pretty safe to say I am no longer going to do glass boards at all.

Yes, NO MORE GLASS BOARDS AT ALL!

Small changes have been made to nose scoops as I have flipped a few models up a bit to give just a bit more clearance.

The new AMs have a few designs that were tested last season ( I did more testing on these than any other board I have ever built!) and they are now more well rounded performers. These are probably the most versatile of any boards I do. Most popular sizes are 72 x 21.5 x 12m and 76 x 21.5 x 12m. That 12m just seems so nice as it can be pushed to turn tight if need be. Flex is softer in mid for added turn wrapability!

I have been doing quite a few of the "Monsters" this was originally inspired by a customers design and after testing I immediately built a 188 x 23 x 15/16m for myself and it was one of my favorite rides last season. They are actually quite soft but can be ridden pretty hard in varied snow. They use the race board decamber to give a great feel of control despite the length.

Early season I will be developing a full line which will be:

182, 185 and 188 all available in 20, 21.5 or 23 wide. Sidecuts will be 14.2/15m or the already tested 15/16m

Even did a 188 x 24 for a guy!

The NSR race boards have remained almost the same but I did add 6mm of scoop. They are still designed to be a super stable high speed freecarver or a race board which is a bit more forgiving than the full on race models. They use the Kessler inspired designs of high taper and stiff rear with variable sidecut from turny nose to straight tails.

Stubbies are also in big demand and you can all thank Shred Gruumer for his foresight as he stepped up and had me build him the original which was a 161 with 14.7m sidecut! Of course this has been toned down with the most popular size being 171 x 20 x 13.2m. I am doing customs in 173 and even have a 77 on order. The design is a short flipped nose and a lot of running length compared to overall length. Good all around carvers in a nice compact package. You may notice the dimensions are " Swoardlike" and yes that is the case as the short length and moderate sidecut is a fun design especially when mated with the stability to Titanal. I also have the Turnstub ( 11.5m) and Speedstub (13.2/16m)

Classic designs are also still going to remain. These are designs which utilize the old glass templates with slight modifications to make them more suitable to the metal. Normal size nose and tail with a good all around flex pattern. These designs can be transferred over well up to approx 180 overall length. Above that the Monsters will replace them.

All the tail shapes now include a small flat section with rounded corners. Its a perfect compromise as it has no sharp corners. gives a bit more lateral stiffness to the tail and my favorite, will allow them to stand up on end and not fall over so easily. I just got too pissed off having the rounded tail templates falling over all the time and me then having to repair the dents:freak3:

As for materials I have been using a few different lamination structures with varied carbon/ glass proportions. I try to match the lamination to the board and rider. Starting at higher end race its almost full carbon, the classics can go full carbon or carbon glass for a more relaxed flex. Stubs use carbon/ high performance glass and AMS use carbon but with the most glass for ease of flex and durability.

I have changed a few fabrics and now the boards will have a slightly higher fracture point which is no real big issue as even last season there were no concerns. Had 2 boards fail last season during violent crashes which was expected, one totally fractured and the other bent. Its the bent one which interested me as it means the materials held together through enough bending to fracture the core and possibly stretch other parts so it need not be any better than that.

So thats about all there is at this time, its metal , metal, metal! Looking forward to getting onto the snow for some testing but I feel the designs are real solid already and will be trying very minor tweaks to nose thicknesses and flex profiles .

My design philosophy has somewhat changed as I now try to make easy to ride boards which have great perfomance potential, I must be getting old!!

I heard he is developing some space-age roofing materials, but I don't know about the boards.

Funny you should mention this as I was removing a chimney from my place and found there was some galvanized metal underneath the area which needed to have a new piece installed to fill the gap from the chimney. I'm sure you can see where I'm going with this. Yep, Titanal in my roof now:biggthump

Can't wait for the snow!

My design philosophy has somewhat changed as I now try to make easy to ride boards which have great performance potential, I must be getting old!!

What`s that thing that comes with old age and tireless application of ones self to ones work?

Wisdom!

I reckon you`ve probably just taken things to the next level of Zen Mastery!

Stoked! Your going to make even more people even happier.