Note to New Members ×

The New Phone Books are Here!

tex1230

There is a tiny bathroom, with a tiny commode in our house. (We like to say it's for our half-a__ed friends.)

Mine is by far the largest tush in the family, but for some reason I'm the only one who'll use this little hideaway. And so it gets my relaxation library.

Within the collection is a year 2000 Burton catalogue. It's small - really small. It showcases alpine boards and soft-boot boards. It offers some really functional clothing and accessories. There's little hype and no bling.

I miss that Burton. And I (finally) just acquired a fine example of the 2000 172 Coil that's illustrated in that small book - (Thanks 120/220!)

It's great that the custom board makers who cater to alpine seem to be prospering. But it's sad that there's not a medium-sized, mainstream company to fill the void that Burton left.

'nuff said...

Within the collection is a year 2000 Burton catalogue. It's small - really small. It showcases alpine boards and soft-boot boards. It offers some really functional clothing and accessories. There's little hype and no bling.

I miss that Burton.

Yeah. Or like the 1989 catalog, my first. 8 boards, 2 boots, 1 soft binding, 1 plate. And verbage like "we're a snowboarding company and that's that."

I was just trying to follow suit with the next line in the movie - the Burton catalog arrival certainly isn't <i>nothing</i>. It marks the beginning of jonesing season. My buddy and I used to make a 20 minute pilgrimmage to Ski Market just to get our copies and pore through them.

I did stop getting excited about it after alpine was deleted in 2002.

I wish I could get that excited about nothing!

Have they gone to 1cm length increments yet?

dude, I wish they would. I'm think about making the jump from a 155 to a 156. Don't tell anyone, but... I'm a little skeered. :o

PS - my Burton Custom is, like, the best board, like, evar made.

By the way, congrats to the Noboard crew for making the catalog.

now if they only offered adult sized powder boards to put them on...

c'mon, Jake, you could make a 2m swallowtail...people would actually buy it, too...

WTF is a guy my size going to do with a 166 fish?

longest board in the catalog is the shortest board in my quiver...

By the way, congrats to the Noboard crew for making the catalog.

now if they only offered adult sized powder boards to put them on...

c'mon, Jake, you could make a 2m swallowtail...people would actually buy it, too...

WTF is a guy my size going to do with a 166 fish?

longest board in the catalog is the shortest board in my quiver...

:biggthump:biggthump:biggthump:biggthump:biggthump:biggthump:biggthump

my sentiments exactly!!!