Note to New Members ×

Goals for 08-09 season

Bobby Buggs

I'm hoping to get a little bit longer ride... I think a 168ish-172ish with a around an 11-12m scr would do me well. Alas, a new board isn't in my budget though.

But for real, I'd like to hit up some steeper hills. I'm comfortable on easy to moderate blues, but much more than that and I start sittin in the back seat and loosing control. I can make it down the hill just fine, but by the time I'm at the bottom I'm going 5 times mach schnell.

Another goal is to get more comfortable on the choppier stuff. When I start hittin bumps I lose all confidence in my edge hold and prettymuch just end up layin it down. I think both problems can be solved with more confidence.

Of course there's always the getting through the season injury free thing... If I can do it without having to use my helmet I'll be happy. If I have to use my helmet, but still get out injury free I'll be slightly less happy, but hey, injury free is injury free.

Mine starts early, August infact. Win the slalom at the World Firefighter Games in Liverpool (indoor slope). Replace my c 60 bindings as i snapped one of the high backs, probably with Nideckers as you guys rate them. Buy a new board really like the look of the new SG's. Top of my wish list would be to make it out to ses but my wallet and woman would both kick my ass, so i will go to ecs instead and hopefully make ses in 2010.

Well 2007/2008 was my first real season in a long time, and it was definitely humbling, but by the end of it I was feeling pretty good. I want to have another season just like this season next year, but with a little less humble pie, building on the skills I was working on regaining this past season.

I did a lot of screwing around with my equipment this year, but at the end I had it dialed, so I aim to not screw around with my equipment in 2008/2009 and just focus on riding. My main goal for 2008/2009 is going to be riding the whole mountain: ride the bumps, trees etc, cautiously if need be, but push it hard when I am on the groomers and keep developing my technique, particularly in terms of speed checking, push/pull, and angulation.

Oh yeah - SES 09, for sure.

-Get through the season without any rips, dislocations or breaks

-get out of the pipe and master the big kickers (and buy a mouthguard for both)

-get through another season of boardercross alive

-teach snowboarding again for the National Sports Center for the Disabled

-get my husband into racing so we can both be cranky doo-doo heads on race days (I'm not that nice when I'm nervous)

OMG Allee, you are a rockstar! What are you talking about?

Ha ha! I have a LOT of work to do. More race training, methinks (let's see if I can drive Mark Ballard nuts next season ...)

... remind me that I don't want to ride with Cindy. Girl, you are just SCARY!

You can tell Fe and I are getting a bit stir crazy here in high water hell, no wake hold, but this is an easy one. My goals for next season

1. SES2009 for sure even with $2000 are fares, we'll just have to camp, forage for food, and brew some birch beer.

2. Don't break anything.

3. No new gear!!!

4. Observe, improve, challenge thyself, and repeat.

5. 60 days on plates, cord, pow, corn or crud, it's all better than this.

Think Snow!

al

1. Bigfish expression session

2. inland northwest expression session, maybe at schweetzer

3. Oregon expression session

Financial realities may keep me close to home.:(

NTN tele setup, Scarpa TX boots, and mod them to accept Nitro stepin heels; ONE BOOT TO RULE THEM ALL. BBWWHAAAAHAAAHAAHAAHAA!!!:eplus2:

Goals are meant to be set

Rules are meant to be bent

I'm an old dog learnin' new tricks

That's why I ski backwards & snowboard with poles

One Boot to stepin to; split board, carving board, twintip all mt. board, Tele skis, Dynafit binders on alpine skis, shorty carving skis, all on the same day.

Did I mention that I'd prefer one pair of adjustable boots to three pairs of the best boots on the planet?

Convenience matters:biggthump

To ride.

Last season I rode twice, both times on rented gear which I'm certain was made by Catelli.

The season before, I did 3 days at Sun Peaks and a week in Banff. But at least it was my gear.

So I'd be happy if I could just ride.

After that, I'd say SES.

Jack, you set a lofty goal, but damn I hope you pull it off !

• Stay out of the hospital.
  • Get 30 days of ~6 hours each (counting time on lift, but not time in lodge)
  • No equipment failures.
  • Finally truly fix an intermittent foot pain issue that I've had forever.
  • Enjoy my new (used) 190 a few times.
  • Get my left shoulder closer to the snow in heelsides.
  • Keep my hands off the snow in toesides.
  • Get more consistent with 360s and backside 180s.
  • Convert an intrigued softbooter I met last season.
  • ECES or SES.

Guest shrederjen

My goals for next year include the following:

60-80 days on the snow...

Making all the NAASF meets and doing well. (including Internationals!)

Going to SES 2009.

Riding more like da boyz.

Riding several new resorts.

Completing Avy 101 training.

Riding in South America in our summer.

Competing well against Cindy in the USASA races..... :P

Its good to have goals!