What's your occupation?  

134 members have voted

1. 1. What's your occupation?

• Doctor/Healthcare
    • Information Technology
    • Engineer/Architect/Scientist
    • Securities/Finance/Accounting
    • Business Exec/Management/Owner/Entrepreneur
    • Tradeworker (Electrician, Construction, Plumber, Technician, etc)
    • Other Blue Collar/Hourly worker (working ski bum, service, retail, landscaping, etc.)
    • Other White Collar
    • Full Time Student/Home-maker/Retired/Unemployed
    • Lawyer/Government

MD as well - Cardiac and General Anesthesia.....The Gas Man aka Dr. Feel Good.

Can't say I'd recommend medicine as a profession either, though it pays for my toys, habits and obsessions. I do have admin BS - VP of our private group and too many headaches.:eek:

Met a Doc while on a lift in Big Sky, MT several years ago. He worked 1 wk on-1 wk off. I should have been smarter..........

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Working as Technical Liaison in vehicle Quality Assurance. Coolest part of the job is to evaluate prototype vehicles during development and pre-production stages. Majority of my time spent supporting field technical operations for affiliate companies. Never a dull moment and feel very lucky to be doing something I enjoy. Alpine snowboarding, surfing and hanging out with my family are what keep me sane.

Computer animation.

I spent all yesterday and the day that riding one ride at Disneyworld in Orlando, over and over and over again.

It turns out riding an unfinished disneyworld ride for like 12 hours is not as much fun as it sounds at first.

A buddy of mine must have been the model for "Buzz Lightyear" , my kid saw his picture on myspace and now thinks (insists) I know Buzz Lightyear. I may have to get in touch with you K, a really good practical joke involving Pixar letterhead is forming up in my mind.

part owner of a bike shop in Calgary, mostly a closer, not allowed to touch the tools.

It is a hungry monster. Lot's of fun.

www.bowcycle.com check it out if interested. There are pictures of the shop on the site it's a pretty cool facility. I work with great people.

Next time I'm in town, I'll have to drop by to check you guys out.

-Gord

Yep, been there for over a decade now!

That is way cool. Pixar rocks. I am sure the real world work of creating animation is not as fun as it sounds, but you guys make my favorite animation stuff. I may like it better than my kids. (Edit: I may like the animation more than my kids like the animation....)

The Incredibles was so funny. So well done. Cars. :biggthump Nemo :biggthump

The POV stuff in Ratatouille was amazing as well. I am not so in favor of the anthropomorphisation ( is that a word ) of rats, but the movie was excellent. Did it win or nominated for Academy Award for .....?

Very cool stuff here, you guys make me feel stupid ( or underachiever ) but I do work one half mile from the lift to one of the best mountains in the world. And fifty days on the pass this year so it could be worse.

I guess I am a full time student for 3 more weeks... Then it's off to the big scary Real World :smashfrea

I'll be looking for a career in Sports Marketing and Promotions... Right now the plan is to get my foot in the door in the world of Motorsports....

So you know, there is an IRL team based in Chicago. Dale Coyne Racing. Small-ish team with a tight budget. Best way to get into the business, volunteer.

On the left, outside rear. Also do consulting for Porsche Motorsports NA. Engine tuning basically.

TEAM-DP3.jpg

Come on over for a beer and tell me how to get the alternator/fan back into my 911. Do German people have really small hands?

P.S. If you ever make it to Mosport, let me know.

post-199-14184225615_thumb.jpg