Probably the worst movie I've ever seen

D-Sub

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

but the most fked up story: U-turn with Sean Penn, J.Lo, billy bob thornton.

and another: Lock, stock, and two smoking barrels

You have a real gift, Lee. First sentence = not on topic.

U-Turn was good, sick but good. Lock, Stock + Snatch are awesome. Actually the guy from "Crank" is in both. Jason Statham.

D-Sub... you, sir, obviously have not seen Dragon Wars that came out this past summer.

C5, you're pretty close with Kill Bill. I can't remember why I bothered to go see it, but damn near walked out. It got a little better when she went to see the sword maker, Hatori Hanzai, but I would still like 6 of my 7 dollars back from Quentin.

Lee, I gotta disagree with you. Lock, stock and two smoking barrels is one of my all time favs along with Snatch.

Lee, I gotta disagree with you. Lock, stock and two smoking barrels is one of my all time favs along with Snatch.

That wasn't what I was trying to convey. What I am saying a total FUBAR/SNAFU situation that I wouldn't want to be dealing with. That makes sense? I own Lock Stock and Snatch dvds. Love it very much, despite the real fubar circumstances.

D-Sub, I think I know which flick youre talking about now -- Crank. Haven't seen it, and Ill take your word on it by not bothering with it. I usually look at the box office performance and from what I seen of Crank's box office, it wasn't good. -shrugs-

Just watched "Crank." Whoa. I was literally offended by how bad it was. I guess you're supposed to "suspend disbelief" for a movie like that, but...man...

If you haven't seen it, don't. If you have...agree?

What's the worst movie you've ever seen?

Coming from the guy who posted multiple times how great and important "Zeitgeist" was, I think I'll take your movie reviews with a gain of salt.

"Crank" was exactly as advertised - all action, no plot... turn off your brain and look at the cool stuff...

"Kill Bill" was frickin hilarious...It was so over the top you couldn't possibly take it seriously.

My son likes Dragons so we bought Dragon Wars on DVD when it came out...pretty lame...but it worked for a 7 year old...

To the point - the worst movie I ever saw... gotta be "The English Patient"

I don't see many movies, but my tops (or bottoms actually) are things like Beyond Rangoon and Little Red Balloon. Little red balloon is some independent film or something... Foreign... No dialog (at all) and it's just 40 minutes or whatever of a little red balloon floating around town. Man, there's so many that I can't even remember too...

I've seen lots of bad action movies (everything by Sylvester Stallone comes to mind) but I know what the expect with most of them - explosions, car chases, fights. I don't expect much of a plot.

What I really hate is a comedy that isn't funny. The worst in this category was "Benchwarmers". Perhaps the worst movie I have ever seen. I'm supposed to believe 40-ish David Spade is barely out of high school? Jon Heder essentially replays his Napoleon Dynamite character except without any of the charm or likeability. And to top things off, there's a "robot" character that makes the robot in Rocky III (or was it IV) seem believable. Absolutely asinine.

Best action film(s) I have seen in a long time was the Bourne Trilogy. I missed them when they were released so I watched all three over a weekend. Wow. Great stuff. The car chases in all three movies are right up there with the best ever put on film.

You have a real gift' date=' Lee. First sentence = not on topic.

U-Turn was good, sick but good. Lock, Stock + Snatch are awesome. Actually the guy from "Crank" is in both. Jason Statham.[/quote']

finally, the pointless thread we've all been waiting for....let's argue about movies:biggthump

there's way too many bad movies to list but ...here goes:rolleyes:

watched BEFORE THE DEVIL KNOWS YOU'RE DEAD last night, got rave reviews and...I was not impressed, good cast tho

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Jhrxn7QVDc&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Jhrxn7QVDc&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

watched jackass 2.5 last night, LAME, all the leftover crap they didn't put in 2.0:(

A Fish Called Wanda is hard to watch , but funny, you have to see it like 3 times before it makes any sense

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m81DDhN2xog&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m81DDhN2xog&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

I wanna get a blu ray copy of CRASH

http://www.boston.com/movies/display?display=movie&id=7408

I own a copy of Kill Bill only because someone thought it was a funny idea for a present, not bad tho, good karate stuff/ effects.

sorry, worst movie, can't think of 1:smashfrea

...and leave Shakes alone, man ...bobcat is my boy ! Shakes....was kinda funny but Homey was better

Just watched "Crank." Whoa. I was literally offended by how bad it was. I guess you're supposed to "suspend disbelief" for a movie like that, but...man...

If you haven't seen it, don't. If you have...agree?

What's the worst movie you've ever seen?

My vote for worst is "Breakup" with Salma Hayek ( I think ). I tried to blot the ****ing thing out of my mind. Nothing like an hour and a half of watching someone else fight. I would rather shoot nails into my foot than watch the first half hour of that again.

:smashfrea:smashfrea:smashfrea:smashfrea:smashfrea:smashfrea:smashfrea

I hated "Rent" too. Can't tell you why. Musicals in general are about as interesting as watching paint dry and this was :barf:. I walked out after my wife talked me into seeing it.

Havn't stooped to watching "Crank". I did teach Amy Smart to snowboard a few years ago. Around the time Dukes was coming out. Her agent kept calling. She was nice enough, just kind of normal Hollyweird bullsh!t about going to Sundance, booking interviews and stuff.

C5 - sorry you didn't like Kill Bill. Aside from the super gratuitous violence and blood, I thought it was great. Both volumes. I guess you never made it to Vol II.

The worst that I had the torture of watching is Lost in Translation. Everything about it lost me.

"lost in translation" is a good movie if

A) you think Scarlett Johansson is hot :1luvu:

B) you've actually lived in Japan and understand it:smashfrea

Ishtar. It's been voted worst movie ever made a couple times. All the songs were written by Paul Williams:barf:. It's actually sooo bad, I kinda liked it, though I am a bit of a connosseiur of really, really bad movies. Manitou is also right up there.

"lost in translation" is a good movie if

A) you think Scarlett Johansson is hot :1luvu:

B) you've actually lived in Japan and understand it:smashfrea

see ? I've seen it maybe 5 times and really "got it " and never been to japan...yet.

sophia learned alot from her dad, and maybe a little from dating Q Tarantino:rolleyes:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/lost_in_translation/

it's a cultural differences and mid life crisis kinda deal

Coming from the guy who posted multiple times how great and important "Zeitgeist" was, I think I'll take your movie reviews with a gain of salt.

here is the sound of me responding calmly and pointing out that a)I didn't "review" Crank and b)"Zeitgeist' is not a movie in the sense that it is not meant to be entertaining. I believe I only posted once about it, also.:rolleyes:

I don't see many movies, but my tops (or bottoms actually) are things like Beyond Rangoon and Little Red Balloon. Little red balloon is some independent film or something... Foreign... No dialog (at all) and it's just 40 minutes or whatever of a little red balloon floating around town. Man, there's so many that I can't even remember too...

Are you serious? "The Red Balloon" was awesome! Not little red balloon. Just "The Red Balloon" excellent childhood story.

Beyond Rangoon was good because we get to see glimpses of P. Arquette's goods.

You guys haven't been making much of an effort to see bad movies. I think my all-time worst is "9 Deaths of the Ninja", a collection of Sho Kosugi ninja movie out-takes in 3 different film stock, cobbled together into a movie that had no plot and only one fight scene. "Crank" is high art in comparison. I thought it was a kick, myself.

"Lost In Translation" is one of my favourites of the last few years.