Jack M

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQm7YpxgOnA&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQm7YpxgOnA&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

BobD

The saltwater nasal rinse thing was recommended to me to help with winter sinus infections. I just have a little plastic squeeze bottle, with a big dildo shaped cap that I jam into my nose. Squeeze half the saltwater up one nostril. Sniff-suck some of it back into my throat, hack, gag, and let it run out my other nostril and mouth, then repeat on the other side. It's absolutely disgusting, but it's amazing what comes out your nose and it really helps. The first time I ever used it, I sneezed 5 minutes later and I swear a clear rubber jellyfish came out my nose. It was like no ordinary snot, but instead just like one of those rubber squeeze ball toys. Grossest thing I ever saw, but I was able to breathe fine again that second.

Someone mentioned fungus? Anyone brave enough to try this with jock itch powder and report back? :eek:

I used to think a nice hot steamy shower was the best way to honk out the great green gobs of kiddie snacks I had lodged up in my deepest, darkest cranial orifices. I quickly changed my mind when my fiancee brought one of these home about a year ago. Honestly, this is one of the best damn inventions human kind has ever come with to over come our fingers being generally too thick to fit very far into our nostrils. I just do it in one nostril (not necessary to do both, it's probably the salt manufacturer trying to move product who says to do both) and then a couple farmer blows and I feel great. I don't know anything about yoga afterwards, I didn't watch the whole video, but I sure as hell don't jump around afterwards.

• 8 months later...

Willy

flush it with colloidal silver.

get yourself some black elderberry tincture and take it regularly 4-5 times a day.

Zicam is a decent product however the one invented by the school teacher for air travel is the better one. sorry the name escapes me at the moment.

Zicam works well for me. My colds are less severe and last shorter on it. Airborne, well, it's just a bunch of vitamins and supplements so why not, I use the Rite-Aid generic version of it... but they did lose a class action lawsuit for false advertisement because they couldn't prove it actually did anything.

http://www.nytimes.com/inc_com/inc1204579617407.html?ref=smallbusiness

Zicam is also a supplement.

I wouldn't put a whole lot of stock in proof that it does anything suits when it comes to natural stuff. The "standard" is peer review research which is so full of insider manipulation and misleading crap that it is little more than a marketing tool at this point. i'll probably get flamed by someone over this but the truth is that any free thinking scientist will tell you that the journal process is totally corrupted and invalid at this time. Its literally pay to play and get the results you pay for stuff.

The much maligned anecdotal evidence has more credibility now than ever before. I will personally trust years of positive feedback over the government any day!

The drug standard is also different in that results are expected with in minutes of administering the pill. Most nutrtionals can take several days at a minimum to show results. The application of drug type standards to a study on a nutrtional will nearly always show little to no effect.

So, if you want to use this type of product start taking it when you know you are at risk. If someone in your house is sick or you feel a little tickle in your throat etc. take the product regularly for a couple weeks. They work much better that way then if you take them after you have full blown symptoms.

reading the complaint the FTC's biggest bitch was the dosage of vitamin C. They make the statement that Vit c taken in that high of a dose could cause kidney stones and is unsafe.

The research that gives basis to the dosage is from linus pauling the only 2 time unshared nobel prize winner. Its interesting to me that drug companies have enough hold on government now to effectively negate the lifes work and achievements of such a decorated individual.

A lot of great minds were stamped out of existence in the early part of the last century. Rife, tesla etc.

reading the complaint the FTC's biggest bitch was the dosage of vitamin C. They make the statement that Vit c taken in that high of a dose could cause kidney stones and is unsafe.

The research that gives basis to the dosage is from linus pauling the only 2 time unshared nobel prize winner. Its interesting to me that drug companies have enough hold on government now to effectively negate the lifes work and achievements of such a decorated individual.

A lot of great minds were stamped out of existence in the early part of the last century. Rife, tesla etc.

indeed, maybe I should cool it on guzzling so much OJ or maybe start mixing 50/50 with some Kettle One. it's almost friday happy hour here.

good beta, what's your take on a flu shot ? I blew it off this year and kinda wish I hadn't.

My buddy got pretty sick for a day after he got his shot. bad luck because it's only like 1 in 500 that have a bad reaction to the shot.

leaving aside the extra crap and additives in the vaccine and assuming that the theory is actually sound, Its nearly impossible for the drug company to guess which strains are going to be present from one year to the next or whether they will mutate enough to make the vaccine ineffective. The risks involved with the preservatives and other additives in the vaccine very clearly outweigh the benefits. 1 in 500 gets a severe reaction most get a reaction that is unpleasant and usually as debilitating as getting the flu. most people feel crappy for a few days some get really sick after a flu shot.

Personally I would rather boost my immune system during the flu season and take my chances. I have never gotten a flu shot without feeling crappy.

The negative research on vitamin C was done with pure ascorbic acid.

True vitamin C is actually a mineral ascorbate. Its actually a base rather than an acid.

examples of products would be ester C and Emergen-C

I prefer Emergen-C myself.

Pharmaceutical grade stuff does not exist in nature and your body is not really programmed to handle it. Your body gets its normal Vit C from food like oranges where the vitamin is accompanied by bioflavanoids and hesperidin complexes and enzyme tags that help the body identify and use the nutrients.

When you take pure ascorbic acid you end up squirting most of it out your rear end because the body just dumps it.

you can take much higher doses of Vit C in the ascorbate form and get much more out of it.

here's a hint don't buy your nutritionals from the companies that say they don't work:freak3: All the drugstore brands are made by drug companies.

try a reputable brand like

Emergen-C

Garden of life

shaklee

standard process

etc.

I never, for about 20 years, got a flu shot.

Then, in 2005 I read "The great Influenza" by John M. Barry. It scared the hell out of me.

I got my flu shot in 2005, got sicker than hell for 4 days, and have never had a reaction since. I have all my flu shots since them. I read the book and am persuaded (convinced) that the more strains of flu you are vaccinated against, the better you will be able to fight it off. Especially if the BIG one ever comes along again. The book make a very good argument for that, and so does reading some of the google entries on flu vacination and flu strains.

And, coincidentally, I have not had the flu since. I have not even got sick except for the broken leg and I don't attribute that to the flu shot at all. :D. Just my 2 centavos.

Rick

...the battle continues and this cold ain't gonna win.

Why don't you just admit defeat, crawl into bed and whine, and let the missus baby you for a few days while you complain about how you're dyiiiiiiiiing? That's what every other guy I know would do.:)

Back on the Neti pots, I use one of these jammies, hooked to an old waterpick. Works like a champ. I'm one of those people who gets a cold and then nurses a sinus infection for six weeks. Irrigation has really helped. And I'll concur that it's a bit addictive in the sense that it gets a lot of weird stuff coming out of your sinuses. Kind of irritating when I skip for a day or two and then think about what must be in there....

51ye0asLGdL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Why don't you just admit defeat, crawl into bed and whine, and let the missus baby you for a few days while you complain about how you're dyiiiiiiiiing? That's what every other guy I know would do.:)

cuz I got Yorkie pups to take care of, they're 2 weeks old today, eyes just opened

dhbi2r.jpg

vypo2r.jpg

I need to upload some new pics, they're getting big