Neti Pot

Jack M

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had to do that when I was in the hospital in fourth grade for a week. They made me rinse my nose with salt water and do yoga :mad:

Difference between German health care and US health care: privatization

In germany in addition to the horrible nose salt water experience that I absolutely dreaded everyday they keep you there for a week, prick your skin and do allergy testing, etc, v the US they put you on a breathing machine for an hour and send you home. Source: Asthma attack. I think if I had a choice I would choose the hour quick fix.

It took me a few minutes to stop laughing at the picture of this woman emptying a gravy boat into her nose!

Seriously though, Johns Hopkins University did two separate medical studies, the latest one in 2001, in which they found that over 90% of chronic sinus infections were found to be caused by fungus. These fungal infections were untouched by antibiotic therapy (duh) but were diminished by saline solution therapy. So, why do most US doctors keep prescribing antibiotics for sinus infections?

Some folks add anti-fungals like pau d'arco, olive leaf extract, and grapefruit seed extract to the saline solution, too.

Mark

I've been using a Neti pot fairly regularly for at least a decade. However I don't do the callisthenics's afterwards I just blow my nose. Using one was recommended by a Japanese ENT I went to for a for a couple of bad sinus infections one year. It's worked wonders for me. BTW Neti pots are Indian and have been around for centuries.

have you seen a man eat his own head? :D

You mean like in the inside of that Tool CD? Or like in Hannibal?

Next time you can't sleep because of a stuffed-up nose, try it. You won't laugh so hard :o

Oh I'm sure. I actually want one. Deviated septum ya know. From that time I snowboarded my face into a tree.

Have you tried that? ii tried sleeping w/ one of those breatheright strips a few weeks ago..apparently they fall off in the middle of the night

Really? My dad keeps his on the entire day... even when we go to the Cheesecake factory. I'm not sure whether he forgets or just doesn't care.

Next time you can't sleep because of a stuffed-up nose, try it. You won't laugh so hard"

Have you tried that? ii tried sleeping w/ one of those breatheright strips a few weeks ago..apparently they fall off in the middle of the night

Yep, my wife has one. It's not the most pleasant thing in the world to do, but it can be quite effective.

lots of benefits to the practice of netipots. however its a pain in the ass. they now make an interesting little gadget, whose name escapes me at the moment, to take its place. ITs basically a 300mm syringe with a soft silicone ball on the end of it. you suck up the solution and then press the ball against one nostril. you then slowly inject the solution into your nose while leaning over the sink. the solution and all the gook comes out the other nostril and you are clear. I also recomend using colloidal silver as a flush for nasal infection.

You can find this gadget at your local health food store they work great and you don't have to stand on your head and use a gravy boat:lol:

@ walgreen's they have a product called, amazingly enough, sinus rinse. 15 bucks or so gets an 8 oz injector bottle and 50 packets of salt/soda mixture. there are refills too, but i don't know the price. i work in a tissue mill, and breathing paper dust for 12 hrs/ day makes this product almost a requirement. really gross stuff gets flushed out fast.

Deviated septum ya know. :rolleyes:

Like that chick in "the heartbreak kid" who evolves into a nightmarish freak with a free-flowing deviated septum. :cool: :lol:

Surfing big waves is always good for a random glug glug glug from the sinus cavity, sea water just flowing out an hour after getting out of the water.

the stuff that cakes up in yer schnozz after a day of breathing dust on the dirtbike trail IS just nasty.

I don't use no stinking gravy boat....that thing is fragile and gay looking

netipot.jpg

is this from too many mackin waves dumping on your head, gecko ?

Tool - The Pot Lyrics

Who are you to wave your finger?

You must have been out your head

I hold deep in muddy waters

You practically raised the dead

Rob the grave to snow the cradle

Then burn the evidence down

Soapbox, house of cards, and glass

So don't go tossin' your stones around

You must have been high

You must have been high

You must have been

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DijL5bogUv8&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DijL5bogUv8&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

post-123-141842243865_thumb.jpg

nah I've had sinus infections all my life....especially when I smoked but even since then because I spend so much time in places with lots of gunk (submarines). I picked that one up in Tokyo, much to the customs officials irritation when I returned to the USA, back it 2000. It replaced a cute little blue pot that I gave to my wife.

is that Ehukai?

is that Ehukai?

good eye....Banzai

Pipeline 12/1/2007

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLOYe8Kk2NY&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLOYe8Kk2NY&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

I was just getting into the Tool show with 46 & 2 just starting and then BAM, DONE!!! :eek: Gotta go find it and watch it.

I have seen Tool 11 times since 1996. Makes me want to get on a plane right now and hit their next show. I'd like to do the Pearl in Vegas show in the new year.

D. :biggthump

when talking about surfing he'd say Bodyboarding is hawaiian for can't surf.

there are waves I've surfed, sunset; waves I've body boarded, ehukai (pipe); and waves I've bodysurfed, pinballs (waimea beach break) each was at the limit of my skills but I was there with other like minded individuals. BTW there are breaks in hawaii that are only body boardable....sandy's is one

edit: and to keep this on topic only at sunset did I avoid a complete sinus flush :rolleyes: