Note to New Members ×

BTS. the first impression

vapor

• 1 month later...

It has been said before but I will say it again. The BTS work amazingly!! I thought I really liked the T700 but with the BTS it makes it an entirely different deal.

I am riding with the blue springs(175lbs) with quite a bit of preload. It most certainly helps with edge hold and seems to dampen the whole ride altogether.

Putting them on the boot is super easy too.

This is a great product! Why are you waiting?

I give it 2 thumbs up!!

I'm currently trying the BTS with the blue springs. For me there was an adaptation period as I used to ride with the lean adjuster locked in the position 3.

Even If I preload both springs I find there is not enough resistance. I might try the red springs .

I would not change the springs too often, I do not want too have any parts too loose especilly the pins ...

I've bought some loc-tite to avoid the nuts to unscrew.

Dangerous?? I have a friend that removed the springs from his AF700s and rides with nothing on the back of the boot :eek:

I tried that one day and actually liked the way it rode. I figured I was tempting fate though so I installed the BTS with yellow springs.

One thing about ankle movement, I would love there to be a way to allow some limited ankle movement from side to side, not just fore and aft. I completely loosened the cant screws for a while and liked that felt but again, I figured I was risking some plastic failure so I tightened them up again.

Got my BTS today and it was easy to install. Used a hammer and allen wrench to push out the pins, it was easier than it sounds. Removed the old, in with the new, a couple of taps with the hammer and the pins are back in. Smoother flex and softer (have the blue springs in now), really looking forward to trying these on Sunday or Monday :)

Got mine yesterday, rode them, loved them!!!

I just switched from a 5 year old 325 Nagano boot into the Indy boot with the improved thermoflex. My first impression of the boot was that it had too much forward lean (I usually ride 4/4 position, 3 degree disks). Someone on here suggested I try the BTS. Thank you for the advice!!!

I read up on the BTS, and since I'm such a gear head that if Fin made a gold plated turd I'd buy it, I went ahead and drove up to the shop. Fin set them up to reflect my 4/4 preferred position.

My impression of BTS with blue springs...

I've been hardbooting since '98. I've never felt as comfortable on my heel side edge as I do on my toes. When I took the first couple of turns yesterday, my head screamed "where the hell did that turn come from?". My heel side carves now feel just as comfortable as my toesides and just as aggressive. I am transitioning edges alot smoother, and frankly, I felt like a rockstar! I cant imagine that just new boots would cause this change in performance. Great job Fin, I am amazed that a piece of gear like that can cause such a drastic perception of improved performance. The only weird thing about them is you have to get used to some new movement in the ankles, but that was a minor adjustment. Think I'll get another set to hang from the Christmas tree next year, gold plated of course :1luvu:

Dmitry

I'm starting to like my BTS (blue springs on Track700, i'm 165 pounds)

On thuesday there was a lot of not groomed snow with small moguls, the BTS help went through it . Without them, the boots would have been too stiff and my legs wouls still be in flame!

I had to used loc-tite as one of the bottom nut keep unscrewing.

I have a few days on my BTS and have to say AGAIN like many have. This is the BEST performance you can add for the money!

I have switched from Blue/Blue to Blue/Red. Seems to work very nicely for me.

Did you go red on the bottom or top? How heavy are you? I seem to get a lot of flex (I think this is a good thing) from the blues without much preload and am just curious.

I went Red on Bottom with blue on top. I was having a hard time matching the #1 forward lean setting with the blue spring on the bottom for my back boot. I had a ton of preload also. I really did not like that much flex on my heelside, so red seemed like a logical choice. This way I can vary my preload without losing my forward lean. It has been working perfectly for me. I am 5'11" @ 175-180lbs.

Hope that helps

I went Red on Bottom with blue on top. I was having a hard time matching the #1 forward lean setting with the blue spring on the bottom for my back boot. I had a ton of preload also. I really did not like that much flex on my heelside, so red seemed like a logical choice. This way I can vary my preload without losing my forward lean. It has been working perfectly for me. I am 5'11" @ 175-180lbs.

Hope that helps

Have the same setup as well and am happy with it.Toe side carves have become more natural but still having problems with feeling comfortable on steep heelsides. Thats not the bts ,thats me

One thing about ankle movement, I would love there to be a way to allow some limited ankle movement from side to side, not just fore and aft. I completely loosened the cant screws for a while and liked that felt but again, I figured I was risking some plastic failure so I tightened them up again.

You could try what Jacques Rillet does instead, he rides with the bail fairly loose to allow for lateral movements. I don't think he broke anything yet doing so, although probably not exactly recommended by the manufacturers.

As for BTS, thanks Fin! But when are they going to bring back those Northwave boots, or at least something equivalent so you don't have to use anvil and hammer before riding.

You could try what Jacques Rillet does instead, he rides with the bail fairly loose to allow for lateral movements. I don't think he broke anything yet doing so, although probably not exactly recommended by the manufacturers.

As for BTS, thanks Fin! But when are they going to bring back those Northwave boots, or at least something equivalent so you don't have to use anvil and hammer before riding.

I know some of the EC guys ride like that but I'm too nervous about coming out of my bindings.

I would love to see the Northwaves come back but I heard the company destroyed the molds.

• 2 weeks later...
I should qualify my gushing love for the BTS:

I believe that ankle movement is part of successful hardboot technique. If you disagree, you're probably not going to feel the same way about BTS as I do.

I'm in the same camp with Mike T here; I started on a pair of Raichle SB123s (three strap), and liked the 'surfy' feel (rode front foot locked, rear unlocked). When I upgraded to a pair of Raichle LeMans, I couldn't get the same ankle range of motion without resorting to the dreaded unlocked mode, but with BTS (yellow springs), I've got the ankle movement back, plus I'm in a more supportive boot.

Kudos to Fin for creating these things!

Yup, BTS system is all that and then some, cheap at twice the price.

Blue / blue out of the box never looked back, ride both off piste pow on a swallowtail, WCR and WCR metal, all good.

Don't forget about the TD2's, Both products are undoubtably the best on the market.

Thanks Fin!

Al