Note to New Members ×

new G-FORCE/DONEK board

alexgforce

Oh ok. I really like the idea since this will be my first season on hard boots and a stiffer board. I'm on the lookout for an all-mountain so I guess my main question is how does this differ from those types of boards in terms of capability?

And the graphics look great. I like the subtle green, just a little more would make it stand out though. Just my 2 cents :)

Would like to see more neon green/yellow in the graphic(or the whole board)

Need a longer running length, the nose is too long.

Would like a 170 with an 11 side cut. and a 24.5 waist width. also just a little more taper!

Id like to use one for boardercross but keep in mind they require a slightly like rounded tail. so make that a 171!

that stiffness seems a bit soft, I'd like atleast a 6

The whole concept was to produce a board that is no different from an alpine carving board in terms of flex distribution and materials with a shape that will allow soft boots.

The performance requirements were transfered from our main carving board model, BLADE, which provides maximum stability within a turn ideal for euro or extreme carving. And this is what the RAZOR is primarily designed for.

[quote name=

Need a longer running length, the nose is too long.

[/quote]

The nose is long so that the board can also be used by hardbooters in deep powder. We did check and the board can be used for boardercross.

In terms of stiffness, taper and overall length we came up with something that will accomodate a percentage of riders. Accomodating 100% of the riders is not feasible unless you have an extremely large line.

Can you run plate bindings with this board? I think it looks great!

As I mentioned previously you can attach a pair of plates and ride deep powder.

As for the price it will cost 600 Euros with free shipping to all EU countries.

G-Force will be selling these boards along with BLADE all across Europe while the US sales will be handled directly by Sean at DONEK.

Funny we are working on a design a bit similar in outline, (but different in concept/ program), and we also think this is a good exploration for the future of snowboarding..

What Serge Dupraz started in 86 ( hot sixty one) and relaunched with ameliorations with the D1 will lead to new kind of boards... the Pureboarding two, the SG cult, the razor blade/donek, and the future Swoard if we can manage to produce it, each in a slightly different concept, will lead more people to get interested in the now dying snowboard field... well we can only hope skinny board times has lived ;) (joke)

Anyway congrats on the design/concept/look...good luck with it! its always passionating to launch something off the tracks of the mass ! :)

Nils

Hi everyone,

I would like to introduce a new addition to our board line. Our intention is to bring more people into carving allowing a soft boot set-up.

Looks like a cool design Alex! I've been wanting to buy a soft-carving board for less-than-ideal days and for riding powder for some time, I may just have to pick one of these up!

Anyway congrats on the design/concept/look...good luck with it! its always passionating to launch something off the tracks of the mass ! :)

Nils

Thanks Nils, although I am not exactly sure if it is dying. The most important thing about carving is that it looks cool to everyone. Skiers and snowboarders. Many times we get approached on the mountain by freeride snowboarders asking us all kinds of questions. I am prety sure they like what they see but it is almost impossible to picture one of them puting on hard boots and giving it a go. Even if one of them did it would never stick because of the time that someone needs to put in, in order to change his riding technique. Not to mention the lack of boot comfort he has to endure. These type of boards can serve as an entry platform for carving.

If the industry would go into that direction it would definitely open up the scope of riders and give the discipline of snowboard carving a big boost.

Good luck with your plans!:ices_ange

So glad you guys are going to this effort. However I'd like to see a rounder tail, like the Axxess.

I've known several beginner hardbooters who were tripped up by a square or squarish tail, and when they moved to an all-mountain carver, they had an easier time.

And yes, the sidecut radii seem a bit short. I'd do:

160 = 9m

164 = 9.5m

170 = 10.5m

176 = 11.5m

182 = 12.5m

So glad you guys are going to this effort. However I'd like to see a rounder tail, like the Axxess.

I've known several beginner hardbooters who were tripped up by a square or squarish tail, and when they moved to an all-mountain carver, they had an easier time.

Well Jack, the reason we decided on the specific tail is the fact that we want to maintain a clear carving board look. What usually defines a carving board is the square tail. If we would make it rounder it would look like a regular freeride board and we wanted to avoid that. We even concidered to make it square but we would then loose a market segment that would use it for boardercross since the regulations would't allow it.

As per the sidecut we might concider it. Again keep in mind that this board needs to be as friendly as possible but still be a carving board. It is prety hard trying to balance all these things together but it is our first effort so we 'll see how it goes.