Note to New Members ×

Mt. Bachelor Session - April 3-7

Keenan

I was going to hold off on this until everything is for sure, but in light of what may or may not be happening to this forum I decided to make this announcement:

Mt. Bachelor April 3-7.  I have an event proposal submitted.  If all goes well we will have a booth with free demo boards from Thirst Snowboards, UPZ Boots and SG Bindings.  If things fall through, we will have some awesome riding and Thirst will have boards in the parking lot for people to sample.  The mountain should be 100% open at that time of year, weather permitting.  We need 20 people for discount tickets. Lodging is cheap.  Anyone interested?  

This is part of a planned series of rides and demos called the "Thirst Snowboards Let the People Carve Tour".  More rides and dates TBA.

Edited by Keenan
Date change
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Update:  I just talked to Mt. Bachelor, they don't seem to see hardbooting as a legitimate interest and will charge so much for us to be able to have demo's that it makes no sense.  I told him that we're coming anyway.  I am now working with group sales to get us discounted tickets.  There will be Thirst Snowboards to demo but it most likely will not involve a demo tent.  I'm still not sure about the UPZ boots and SG bindings.  But we will have boards, and riders and groomers to trench.  

Moderators, feel free to move this to the ride board as I don't know how.  See you in Bend, I'm buying the first round.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What about those of you that said you could not commit until February?  Are you in?  Would be a good time for those bomber members who have said they want to work on technique.  The best opportunity for improving your skills is to ride with a bunch of carvers.  Since Keenan is sharing Thirst snowboard demos for free, I'll offer Keenan's instructions skills for free:biggthump

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Looking forward to it! Not sure if I'll beg the guest room from my in-laws or find a place in town. Looking like I will be able to attend most of the session...maybe even the whole thing. How about Kram? He better not say that work is getting in the way!

I am a deal chaser aka el-cheap-O

Looking for tip/trick on transportation, lodging, lift ticket, food(pb&j)

transportation:

Seem it's more economical to fly to PDX instead of RDM.

Bus/Shuttle to Bend:  http://cobreeze.com/ 

lodging:

There are mentioned of cheap lodging Sunriver.  Anyone want to do house share?

I am pretty quiet: Goes to sleep early, wake up early, carve and go sit in front of computer, sleep and repeat lol...

Lift ticket:  This is a steal -- $199 hence the meet up is from 4/3/2018  It all make sense now...

https://www.mtbachelor.com/info/springtacular/

any recommendation on Food/Grocery store/renting car or not?

15 minutes ago, pow4ever said:

I am a deal chaser aka el-cheap-O

Looking for tip/trick on transportation, lodging, lift ticket, food(pb&j)

transportation:

Seem it's more economical to fly to PDX instead of RDM.

Bus/Shuttle to Bend:  http://cobreeze.com/ 

lodging:

There are mentioned of cheap lodging Sunriver.  Anyone want to do house share?

I am pretty quiet: Goes to sleep early, wake up early, carve and go sit in front of computer, sleep and repeat lol...

Lift ticket:  This is a steal -- $199 hence the meet up is from 4/3/2018  It all make sense now...

https://www.mtbachelor.com/info/springtacular/

any recommendation on Food/Grocery store/renting car or not?

I didn't realize that the spring passes start that week, what a deal.  So if you buy the pass and ride all 5 days that comes to $40 a day.

If you stay in Sunriver, you will want a car to get to the grocery store and the mountain (20 minute drive).

If you stay in Bend there is a shuttle for 9$ a day.  I will be driving and can give a ride to up to two people as well.

I don't know where I'm staying yet, but I know since it is the week after spring break prices drop dramatically.

If you have lunch at the mountain, you can walk across the main lot to the Nordic center.  They have much better food and prices than the Alpine lodges.

Bring a board lock, it's not Idaho.

Oh, and the base is up to 104" now.

• Like 1

Thank you @Keenan for the local tip!  Life's happy coincidence on the lift pass :-)

I LOLed at the lunch at the lodge statement:  we are talking about stealing ketchup packet for soup and running over squirrel for dinner type of budget here ;)

got some more number to crunch... airfare from the left coast is exceedingly high  

29 minutes ago, pow4ever said:

My apology:

The Spring Pass link above was for 2016/2017 season...
Have not see it for the 2017/2018 season yet.

Ah, I was wondering about that - I've stumbled on that page a few times myself, it's the first result for "Mt bachelor Spring Pass". We have had a great storm cycle in Oregon / WA lately that brought us something like 4' of snow, which should support riding into April / early May at Bachelor, so I think it's likely that there will be some kind of spring pass this season as well. They are always a little coy about making the announcement though...

Not sure what the price difference is, but flying to RDM will save about 3 hours of driving each way (might be a longer wait in the airport though, which could make it a wash). If you go PDX, the Breeze is fine and roads shouldn't be a problem at that time of year. I may be able to offer you a ride out to Bend from PDX, still trying to work out the details, but if you lock in a flight, let me know your itinerary. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, pow4ever said:

Thank you so much Dan for the offer.  It just to show how close knit this group is.  Carver are simply awesome!
Going to see if I can get the days off from work.  Come on Spring Pass!  I might stay a few extra day and check out the area.

You're welcome! You're right that BOL folks are good folks...those of us on the dark side gotta stick together!

• Like 1