Note to New Members ×

Arbor Munoz on EBAY

davekempmeister

but again - what is the motivation for someone who states to put this up? Maybe it makes them feel better about themselves? I don't think it is a benefit to the bomber community in general.

btw - did you notice the shipping costs on this auction that startes the whole thing? ridiculous...

but that's another topic...

What's the motivation to post anything up here? It's all personal preference. Maybe you're thinking I'll point this out so someone on the Bomberonline "community" can see and take advantage. I highly doubt that their motivation is to point it out so that they can screw the cheapos that are hoping to hide in the shadows and try to get it for a steal.

Remeber, somethings value is what someone is willing to pay. Maybe it's not you. But someone is willing to pay more and that is what that thing is worth at that moment. Don't get bummed out becuase you didn't get the great deal. There's other things in life to actually worry about.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that's standard practice for us...disagreeing on politics and ebay...

:biggthump

heh. good point.

the point is that you, me, and dozens of others are well aware of these auctions and when someone who is not involved in them comes along thinking they're doing everyone a favor by posting them here they hurt those of us who have done the work and searched for ourselves. Yeah, it's selfish in a way, but there are very few selfless acts.

I wasnt aware of this one, and...well...I understand what you're saying but respectfully disagree. Ive already spouted enough on this one and Allee and Schurman already summed it up for me.

not everyone has "the search" tex...and in all honesty, I guarantee Kemp was tryin to help "us" (is there such a thing?)

in all seriousness:

what the hell is wrong with that?!?!?!?

its called capitalism people! I do it every single day with music equipment. I buy out recording studios and then sell the individual items at street price (actually, usually a little lower just because I like giving at least small deals) but...

y'all are acting like a bunch of Stalinists.

I bought a whole pile of footbeds a while back and then sold them for a fraction of what they'd cost new, and some AH gave me major **** about it but everyone else said "cool...much cheaper than I would have paid new, retail"

you buy stuff from people all the time...they make a profit on it. where's the issue?

agreed, its pretty much the same as a place like ocean state job lot or building #19, no one has a problem with how they work

do a little research prior to buying and see if you are still getting a deal

a good example of this is is a few years ago I bought a bunch of burton demo gear, nearly doubled my money by selling the decks for $200 and everyone was happy

the way I did this was to buy 14 of them, I had the cash so I did it knowing full well that I could sell them for what I did and make money

if anyone had called me out on it I would have told them where to stick it, we all need to make ends meet

as long as you are honest and sell a decent product as advertised who cares?

Regarding eBay:

New ebay coupon codes:

I have not tested any of these. If they work for you, please post here to let the rest of us know. I am guessing that they are a tie-in with PayPal -- i.e., you have to pay through PayPal in order to get the discount.

Save 10% (up to $25) CODE: c-march2006cat (expires March 31)

Save $10 (min. $50 purchase on fashion) CODE: c-apr2006fashion (valid April 1-15)

Save $20 (min. $100 purchase on technology) CODE: c-apr2006tech (valid April 16-30)

Alternate 10% off code: C-MAR2006ANNIV (expiration unknown)

Some codes may not work for your ebay account, so YMMV.

I actually think all these $50 boards are one of the reasons for the market dying so bad.

Because the 2nd hand glut of burtons and oxygens were dumped on the market starting in the early 2000,.... this has made the price of the gear unrealistically low to the point that you can get high performance alpine gear for less than cruddy free ride junk.

Good to get a few more people into the sport, but it has wiped out a large chunk of the infrastructure with board makers, retailers and so on unable to carry product because they keep getting undercut by all the old model boards dumped on the market.

My proof is in the board collection I have at home, which is the biggest it has been and I think the most i paid for a brand new board was $200. Bindings never went through quite the same problem, because there weren't any really good binding companies in trouble like that. And so you see some decent range of bindings now.

I've looked at the numbers of boads people have and the jobs; we have the money to be paying more, but we have been spoiled with this dumped gear which has done our sport few favours.

I for one will be happier when the price of the gear settles after the dumped gear runs out, so that the board makers and retailers and so on can actually make at least something from the gears.

EXCEPT that I will have my own secret way of getting cheap gear....and then selling it to all of you at the 'market price'. :-)

I think everyone is happy when the market price is high, so long as they don't have to pay it.

pointing out these auctions helps the community, not hurts it.

I bought Raichle boots from BOL in December $50 SHIPPED. They didn't fit and I sold them for the same.

The guy tried to sell them on Tahoe Carvers for $100 in January?(i think)

I guess they didn't sell because now a week ago he put them on BOL for 100 PLUS shipping. I'm the schmuck for not trying to get more.

I've spectated the dialogue that resulted from my original thread with incredulity. Firstly, thanks to those (d-sub, allee et al) who are not hostile to my contribution to what I thought was a forum in the tradition of free speech. To my way of thinking, the real issue is not one of free market economics or someone's peculiar idea of etiquette as it relates to online auctions/purchases. It would seem to me that some would impose what is tantamount to censorship where same is convenient to their own ends. Were these individuals the sellers or actively looking for such an item and previously unaware of it, I suspect that they would be mum. Quietly grateful even. These responses have included speculation as to what my motives were in posting, expressly stated opinions that I am "hurting the community", and hypothetical scenarios that would have me "ripped apart" were I to have posted similarly in some other forum. I wrote the words - take them at face value. I do not feel compelled to elaborate further upon them and if in the future I so choose, I will post similarly again. If instructed to categorize them differently (i.e., classifieds) by this site's controllling authority, I'll happily comply. I've always conducted myself in this venue with civility and with the utmost respect for the right of others to express themselves. That is certainly more than can be said for some others who post here (prolifically, I might add). All the best.

davekempmeister - I meant no disrespect to you directly, It was merely airing of an opinion I've held for a long time. You were not the first to do this nor, I suspect, will you be the last.

This is just one of those things that we will have to agree to disagree on...

price went up drastically!

I wonder if putting a nice wood laminate on an already finished snowboard would worl. sure looks good!

you know, I remember hearing that these Arbor carvers werent all that hot anyway? not really a good ride?

Capitalism is beautiful people. Most of us got the gear we have by buying and selling, trading up, getting a good deal and then selling it at a profit. It is frustrating for new guys looking for gear because we get it first. check out my early posts. I was always one step late getting stuff. the answer is to unload your quivers a little sell those old bindings you have been saving etc. Lets get more stuff moving out there and then not only will you have access to stuff but the market will relax a little and things will get cheap enough for tex to buy it on ebay for 50$:eplus2:

Those that have moved on to the new custom coilers etc should let go of the old stuff. I'm thinking we have a few pack rats among us. the good of the community will be served if more people take up the sport.

oh yeah and all that other stuff d-sub said too:1luvu:

I am the one that got the Munoz. Shipping wasn't that bad, total bill came to $313. Sure that might be a lot for a used carving board but for me it's an Arbor thing, I love Arbor snowboards :1luvu: and to have the opportunity to get an Arbor carving board, that is no longer made, that I can try out is worth it to me. My friend Jami has been riding an A55 this year and loves it so worst case is she can step up and ride this one.

I also have another A55 Munoz on the way so I'll have to update this photo when they both get here.

post-831-141842216923_thumb.jpg

I am the one that got the Munoz. Shipping wasn't that bad, total bill came to $313. Sure that might be a lot for a used carving board but for me it's an Arbor thing, I love Arbor snowboards :1luvu: and to have the opportunity to get an Arbor carving board, that is no longer made, that I can try out is worth it to me. My friend Jami has been riding an A55 this year and loves it so worst case is she can step up and ride this one.

I also have another A55 Munoz on the way so I'll have to update this photo when they both get here.

Yeah, I figured at that price it was being purchased for it's collectable value, you can get a used Coiler for 3-400, and I'd be suprised if it rides as good as Coiler. I actually got one off Ebay last oct for about the same price as you. Haven't ridden it yet, but it looks great on the wall! I considered bidding 449, the original retail, as the one I have is the one piece lam, and that one was a sweet looking 3 piece, but funds are a little tight right now. Good catch! :biggthump

i've been tracking that one, im going to buy the Alpine bindings, the markers for my mogul skis. that the seller is offering, but might take the TD's, if i was to win would any one be willing to take the board? i would give it for free of course as long as you did the shipping cost, as im in AUS i dont want the board for the cost of freight