Note to New Members ×

Olympic Men's PGS Tonight!

Jack M

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume the 4-5 pm Wednesday coverage is of the PGS Eliminations, and the Finals are in the evening.

Same schedule for Women/Chicks Thursday. I just love watching girls on Carving boards!!

Check your local TV schedule for changes.

Jack, please amend your thread title.

Will Canadian TV have more coverage? We will have to count on the Canadian Carvers to tape it for us.

Bricky

I think the Woman's qualifiers are on late on Thursday. After midnight I think. I guess at that point then they are on Friday morning but I digress. Nonetheless, I am DVRing them so I can see them.

I'll have to check my Olympic schedule that is on my coffee table at home to be sure though.

->Ben

How many <i>seconds</i> did that coverage last? I suppose if Jewell had been a medal contender we would have seen a lot more of the elimination rounds. Oh well. At least we didn't have to sit through *any* figure skating - or anything else!

Now if I can just set my VCR for 2010...

How many <i>seconds</i> did that coverage last? I suppose if Jewell had been a medal contender we would have seen a lot more of the elimination rounds. Oh well. At least we didn't have to sit through *any* figure skating - or anything else!

Actually, I have a lot of coverage from 4-5PM this afternoon. I'll see if I can get it off my DVR for you.

It'll help I promise

for those of you who have wives and have to sit through this nonsense.

score them based on time spent with ass in the air

deduct points for really wide granny pants. add points for the eastern european style wedgies, and of course deduct for the inability of the cameraman to follow a slow moving ass around the arena.:ices_ange

see ice dancing for the reasons straight men are involved in this silly excuse for an edged sport. Tanith is a hottie:biggthump

now for all the girls who I have offended the guys are wearing really tight spandex. Yes we know why you watch:flamethro

Geeze! Show me something! shortest coverage ever...One highlight was the reel showing some poor bastard blow out of his binding in dramatic fashion,

( easily missed if you blink a lot.... )

How much time have I wasted watching frigging bobsleds and skaters putting on skates slowly... and talking up the PGS to co workers...TOO MUCH.

DOH!

I'm lucky, I got about 15 to 30 minutes of coverage (I didn't look at the time while looking at the boarders) on Radio-Canada (CBC in french) that my GF was kind enough to record for me. I got the 5-6 first runs of qualifying and the second runs from some quarter finals to the finals.

I noticed a couple of things:

-There was a HUGE number of riders on Kesslers (I could almost say most of them!).

-I don't don't if it's me, but they seem to have much less chatter and ride much more smoothly than they 5-10 years ago because of the new boards.

-I saw Matthieu Bozetto release from both bindings in the first runs of the finals (he rides F2)

-I'm a little sad that Jasey-Jay Anderson (with Coiler) and Philippe Bérubé (with Prior) did not qualify for the finals. In a newspaper (La Presse), Jasey-Jay said he was still getting used to the new board, so he was disappointed, but not that much. Philippe Bérubé is only 22, so he has lots of opportunities in front of him.

NBC must've dedicated all of 5 minutes to the men's PGS finals tonight. Can anyone imagine if NBC gave the same coverage to the men's downhill (ski) finals?

Wasn't there one full night of half-pipe comps last week? Oh, I forgot, the vert riders were wearing B pajamas and making the lifestyle marketing suits pull wood.

Mark

Yeah, the coverage was totally lame. It must have lasted at least a whole 10 minutes. :angryfire Too bad I couldn't watch it during the 4-5 coverage.

Typical Lame-butted NBC sports coverage. They seem to screw up every sport I want to watch, from skiing to auto racing.