Note to New Members ×

Do these comments piss you off too?

JohnO'Brien

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

on flat catwalks such as the one apropriatly named Kanas at sunday river most people listen when you scream really loud, things like "behind you" and "on your(inersert side or expletive here)" people either will look back and steer clear or stop.

the key is to be very loud and to do it over and over.

P.S. There is still no excuse for running into somebody. Next time I'll be more patient! Or just dive into the trees! ;)

RDY...did you try to holler "on your left" nice and loud..something along those lines, before even passing?

I do that on catwalks, etc, and seem to have avoided any trouble, except for the AH last year at bach who kept hitting the sidehill above the catwalk and shooting back onto it, nearly pushing me off the edge into a rock garden, then looked at me coldly like "want to start ****?" type thing

some people you just cant win, but Ive seen people try to pass without even letting folks know theyre there...doesnt work

Yeah the "passing left!!!" nice and loud and followed immediately with a "Thank you!" then again and again until they hear you usually works. Another thing that works sometimes is just screaming at the top of your lungs "AAARRRGH!!!!" like you're completely out of control and are about to hit them (which of course you aren't), it at least gets their attention then you can apply the first method :D , and remember be polite! :cool: