• 41-45
    • 46-50
    • 50-60
    • >60

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

career skibum since 84, nordic in 85, tele in 87, mostly snowboard since 89, hardboots from the getgo cause sorels w/skiboot liners sucked. now I'm 51 with a huge quiver of old crap.

4011546473_c9cf0d5f84.jpg3500402289_0520d82eaf.jpg3500394813_982bd05660.jpg

When this came around the 1st time I hadn't discovered BOL yet and thought I was alone in the world:( milking antique gear. Lucky me the net came along and shrunk the world and I found this awesome corner of the cybermind.

Timely resurrection; Just yesterday I was hangin wit da homies in the top shack to dry out(rained on mank day), drink a brew and adjust the attitude. The conversation went to how long we'd been at the area. The crew lit up cigs to change the odor and 'floyd came on sirius. I was chompin at the bit (lived at Snoqualmie Pass for 10 years so I think rained on mank is fun) and said this is making me feel old(20yrs senior on rest of the crew) so I'm goin to make some turns and feel young.

Edited by b0ardski

3500402289_0520d82eaf.jpg

Wow. I recognize the Mistrals! And the strange board (half board or whatever that is with the bar)... did it truly worked? And the purple coiler fingerprint board... I miss the coiler's cool top sheets from a while back! If that is coiler. I'm pretty certain it is?

the purple gs and maroon am boards(white base) w/fingerprint are Idenity, designed by John McGuiness in Kalispell Mt 99-04, vsr ahead of thier time.

The hyarc articulated board with the funky hardware was commisioned by some Dr from Seattle in the 90s trying to build a better mouse trap, I've ridden it but its very limiting.

Edited by b0ardski

Hopefully some new 10-20's added, instead of everyone just shifting up a slot (purely hypothetically of course - from 36-40 now in 41-45).

Im 16 my mom introduced me to hard booting and told me about it when I started snowboarding (I was 4, and she was a hardbooter) but never got the chance to try for awhile but I saved up and bought all my own new equipment last year when I was 15 and while I still love soft boots and park riding I'm hooked on alpine and I'm getting my 14 year old brother into it and my 11 year old sister (she's a ski racer) wants to try.

• 10 months later...

Now have non OEM parts installed in the left knee, and appropriated circulatory lines, but still chasing the bumps and will qualify for Medicare in a couple of months. Expect to board in Big Sky Feb, March, and April. Still able to do the stuff the whippersnappers could only dream of.

Sounds worthwhile to create a new version.

I believe that the categories should be equal so as not to skew the results so much.

I think one of the reasons it was done is the limits on the "poll" in software.

Let's toss it around a bit before launching the new improved updated thread of "How Old Are You"

Ideas?

I think staying with 5 yr increments is ideal?

Perhaps eliminating the less than 10 yr cat to make room for more 5 yr increments?

Edited by www.oldsnowboards.com

I'm 18, soon to be 19 at the end of the month. Born in 94. Been snowboarding for five years, carving for less than a season.

Cool Kyle, welcome to BOL!! You are one of the younger members but certainly not the youngest. How did you get started on hardboots? Racing?

Cool Kyle, welcome to BOL!! You are one of the younger members but certainly not the youngest. How did you get started on hardboots? Racing?

Thank You! Yes, I got started (hooked, I should say) racing for my high school last season. Got a job after graduation and was saving all summer for an alpine setup. I just ordered a 169 Prior 4WD, TD3's, and Track 325's. I'm beyond stoked.