• 46-50
    • 50-60
    • >60

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BA in Fine Art and Anthropology

6 months left til JD (who knew I'd become a lawyer)

Been riding for 12 years, 2nd year alpine.

Teaching the boyfriend how to ski and snowboard this winter.

welcome to BOL... I grew up in glen cove, right off of sea cliff ave...

• 2 months later...
Guest Tim Tuthill

Good god! Since this started I've turned 63 and my kids are 31 and 28. They both ride. My son, 31 is on plates. My daughter thinks were nuts. Michelle knows here well.

53 - started snowboarding when my (then) 7 y.o. daughter decided to trade in her skis and take a snowboard lesson. I figured that if a 7 y.o. could learn, then a 51 y.o ought to be able to as well. 2 years in soft boots, transitioned to alpine this year and it just keeps getting better and better......

I am 56. I started when the kids took up sking. stopped in 1994 or so (PJ and ski boots) been getting back into it this season. Regards.

53 - started snowboarding when my (then) 7 y.o. daughter decided to trade in her skis and take a snowboard lesson. I figured that if a 7 y.o. could learn, then a 51 y.o ought to be able to as well. 2 years in soft boots, transitioned to alpine this year and it just keeps getting better and better......

turned 41 last friday.Turned 40 in Brasil last year. Hung out with mark fawcett the weekend I turned 30, at sugarbush vt. Been carving since '92 or so.You're as old as you feel. Kitesurfing will definately help you retain that youthful glow. To support my habit, I work with this stuff.

post-123-141842215263_thumb.jpg

Joining Tim in the Methuselah Class (60+) in October.

Slipped on the ice in a parking lot Friday and wrenched my right knee. Sat out a GS race last night for the first time ever. Hope to be ready for a slalom tomorrow night. What a drag it is growing old....

• 6 years later...
34.... and work? I work from midnight to 8am at a tv station thus alowing the daytime hours for fun things! Sleep? who needs sleep??? (but ask me that again come mid season when I'm about to drop from trying to do too much!!!) I'll probably be teaching 2 or 3 days a week again this year. (How much tortue can my body take???)

Yikes! Who brought this thread back? Funny looking back on a post from so long ago... Can I change my vote in the poll? I'm up a category now! One thing that hasn't changed... Still not getting enough sleep! One thing that has... Only teaching one day a week in addition to my full time job.. Oh, and the job has changed too!

Hopefully some new 10-20's added, instead of everyone just shifting up a slot (purely hypothetically of course - from 36-40 now in 41-45).

18 here,Started snowboarding in 2001 and hard booting late 2011 (Glad I found the light). Found bomber last year,Forgot about the site up until now.

Spent most of my time doing freestyle but always wanted to make the change to alpine.