Let's go Red Sox !

willywhit

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ChiSox, no question. The rule is that you root for whoever beats your team to win it all. Then you can imagine that your team is second best, and if they only could have made it past that team (like if the ump hadn't made that make-up call on Damon to end the bases-loaded inning), then they could have won it all.

ChiSox, no question. The rule is that you root for whoever beats your team to win it all. Then you can imagine that your team is second best, and if they only could have made it past that team (like if the ump hadn't made that make-up call on Damon to end the bases-loaded inning), then they could have won it all.

Or, which team's free agents we want for the Red Sox next year, and hope for that team to lose. I would like to see Konerko a Red sox next year - so GO ANGELS!

• 6 months later...
Let's hear it for another kick ass season !
Great start last night http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/index.jsp?c_id=bos getting Mirabelli back and watching him nail Bubba at second was awesome. Papi cranking one past Damon into the bullpen for a 3 run homer INTO a cold north wind...priceless ! Dollars for Damon ! GO SOX !!!

• 2 years later...
at least I wasn't one of the rats who left Fenway in the top of the 7th.... how much would it suck to be one of those people today?!

Those facking rats. They aren't fans. That's not what you do when the boys are down.

Facking A. Go Sox. I tuned in the 7th after getting the girls to bed and nearly pissed myself.

Go Sox.

:eplus2::eplus2::eplus2::eplus2::eplus2:

I don't have cable but was listening on AM radio. WOW. Go Sox!

was it WRKO ?

http://www.wrko.com/Homepage/259336

since you can't listen to Remdawg and Don call the game, I'd rather wear headphones and listen to RKO than the suits on TBS:barf:

http://search.everyzing.com/viewMedia.jsp?res=346512524&dedupe=1&col=en-all-pod_wrko-ep&index=2&e=21216598&playIndex=0&submitted=1&il=en&num=6&start=1&q=red+sox&expand=true&match=none&filter=0

http://www.redsoxnation.net/

I remember in 04 when Papi was like 0 and 34 and got a clutch walk off. I think my mind is actually really fuzzy about the details, but he seems to always come through. I bet the riots will be pretty tame this year. The celts one was a bit crazy though.

Nah, I'm in Oregon so just ESPN radio with Jon Miller and Joe Morgan. But if I am unable to find someplace to watch game 6 I will listen to WRKO online.

So I hear that there are a fair number of World Series tickets on sale at Fenway. Get there early!:flamethro

Go PATS !

http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/10/21/sports/NFL.php

just scored some comp tix for some Bruins games

if I hear

" if we still had manny we woulda won " :freak3:

one more time........:angryfire

I'm gonna smack somebuddy :smashfrea

if I hear

" if we still had manny we woulda won " :freak3:

one more time........:angryfire

I'm gonna smack somebuddy :smashfrea

Well, if we had the Dodgers version of Manny Ramirez, we would have.

2008 on Dodgers:

53 games

0.396 avg

0.489 obp

17 HR

53 RBI

2008 on Red Sox:

100 games

0.299 avg

0.398 obp

20 HR

68 RBI

:freak3:

Well, if we had the Dodgers version of Manny Ramirez, we would have.

2008 on Dodgers:

53 games

0.396 avg

0.489 obp

17 HR

53 RBI

2008 on Red Sox:

100 games

0.299 avg

0.398 obp

20 HR

68 RBI

:freak3:

Somehow I suspect if Manny had stayed with the Sawks his Aug-Sept numbers would have been more like

40 games

.250 ba

.325 obp

5 HR

15 RBI

He's clearly someone who lets off-the-field issues affect his performance.

I'm actually quite proud of the Sox for getting as far as they did with Lowell out, Beckett obviously hurting, Ortiz obviously hurting, Drew not 100% (Remember he did carry the team for a month this season) and Timlin on the roster for that matter. (If there's one thing I'm pissed about that's it to be honest... he had as much business being on that roster as Eric Gagme did last year)

But losing to the Rays still stings. I'm actually rooting for the Rays to beat the Phillies in less than 7 games so I can take solace in the Red Sox hanging in there longer :P