willywhit

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

I'm guessing I'll be out numbered about 50:1 in here, but I got to stand my ground....

SouthSide Born, Southside Bred....

Let's Go White Sox ** Clap, Clap, Clap-Clap-Clap **

One of the best parts of yesterday's game was the shot of curt schilling in the dugout just shaking his head and laughing right after manny's 3 run homer as manny looked at him shrugging his shoulders and smirking.Great game ! Great Béisbol ! GO SOX

post-123-141842205507_thumb.jpg

post-123-141842205508_thumb.jpg

LMAO!!!! I remember the rally Monkey!!!!! We got trendy and had a rally monkey for our beer league softball team the following summer :biggthump It was definately good times...

In all seriousness, we got first pitch in the Sox/Sox series about 2 hours away.... It'll be interesting to see what Contrares brings to the mound.

Come on Jack,

Warming up should be a good thing, not getting embarassed during game 1 of the playoffs. The Red Sox pitching got HAMMERED yesterday :barf: I agree anything is possible :rolleyes:

ESPN sports: There are 14 teams in the American League. This season, Boston's bullpen ranked 14th in the league in ERA, 14th in OPS allowed, 12th in strikeouts per nine innings and 10th in strikeout-to-walk ratio.

Putting it mildly, this would seem to be something of a weakness :eek:

NY/LA should be a good series, maybe Sox on Sox...we will see. Whatever turns out in the AL, I'm a NL fan all the way :biggthump

--Hugh :AR15firin

Yep, the Sox pitching pretty much blows this year. But the starters have been very streaky - there have been times when, for a turn or two through the rotation, they've been dominant.

Also keep in mind that some of 'pen innings are from guys that are no longer on the team - Embree, Halama, etc. Papelbon has certainly been a huge improvement over those two. I would have put DiNardo on the roster over Gonzalez, but that's just me.

All I'm saying is, if they hit their stride after yesterday's embarrassment, they could put together a nice little streak. I'm not counting on it though.

Too keep this somewhat on-topic, since I moved to Oregon in 2000, when the WS is won by an AL team we get a crappy season and when the WS is won by a NL team we get a great season. Last year's awful season was ushered in by my lifelong favorite Red Sox winning it all. So part of my wants to see the NL team win it every year :eek: