Note to New Members ×

Let's go Red Sox !

willywhit

Mike,

Good point, last season in CA was my worst on record. Tons of snow, in fact too much. I couldn't get to the mtn when I wanted to. Carving days were reduced by all those pow days.

:o A good season depends on the NL taking it :eplus2:

--Hugh

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Careful White Sox fans, we've got you right where we want you. Just ask any Yankee fan.

Da Sawks came back from 0-2 to knock out the A's in the ALDS in '03 too... Naturually, Kevin Millar was quoted as saying "We've got them right where we want them" before game 3 of that series :D

3 words....

What about Buckner?

Ouch!

Hmm, Buckner blowing game 6 of 7 (with a lot of help from management and hurler Bob Stanley), or being the first team in the recorded history of any modern team sport to blow a 3-0 lead.....

Oh well, we're still World Champs until someone wins it in a few weeks. May it please be the White Sox.

Actually I'm relieved. My month is shaping up to be hella busy, I'd be a zombie if I had to keep up with the playoffs. Yeah, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

:(

PS - I almost had to use the barf bag on a recent plane trip. I was flipping through the "Skymall" magazine, and it actually had a framed photograph that you can buy of Buckner's infamous mishap, autographed by the loser himself. :angryfire

I've had a hard time with baseball ever since the infamous strike of 94'. After that, I can't seem to get back that loving feeling.

I am in awe of the love :1luvu: that Red Sox fans have for their team, I frankly don't understand it. Cubs fans too :smashfrea

Maybe I'll actually see a playoff game before it is all over, but I doubt it. Following the strike of 94', I have been without TV. DVD's and videos on occassion, but no TV channels of any kind. The baseball strike of 94' was a total turnoff.

Bring on the snow :)

Hugh

framed photograph that you can buy of Buckner's infamous mishap, autographed by the loser himself.

That is pretty sick....

You are correct 'bout the 3-0 comeback though. That was solid and it couldn't happen to a better team. ( sorry Mom.... the biggest Micky Mantle fan I know ) I was bating YOU specifically though and you bit! I love it! Long live Sport!

Cheers to you and your devotion ( and Billy's too ) to the Red Sox!

Go Tigers!

Dave

HAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That was a short lived time at the top.

What's that Jack, you have them right where you want them, just ask any Yankee fan????? We're still playing, I'm going to find some pizza that I can fold in half just to have my own private party.

HAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That was a short lived time at the top.

What's that Jack, you have them right where you want them, just ask any Yankee fan????? We're still playing, I'm going to find some pizza that I can fold in half just to have my own private party.

hey the big unit got shelled last night... go angels!

i figure the red sox are like the pats after they won their first super bowl... they suck the following year but then they come back and win 3 more haha

Just for reference, the NY Islanders came back from being down 3-0 (and they did force a Game 7 in the following series after falling down 3-0 again) in 1975. I also believe the maple Leafs did it as well... Boston was not the First team in Sports to do it, just in baseball....

Just for reference, the NY Islanders came back from being down 3-0 (and they did force a Game 7 in the following series after falling down 3-0 again) in 1975. I also believe the maple Leafs did it as well... Boston was not the First team in Sports to do it, just in baseball....

i think we're only talking about baseball here :confused: last year's upset of the yankees was the greatest upset in baseball history. no other team had done that. not sure if anyone was talking about any other sports?

Yeah, I was. I thought all the sportscasters last year were saying no team in modern team sports history. Did the Islanders go on to win that series?

Phil - laugh it up. We're just regrouping. What, a suspiciously unatural average of a world championship every 4 years isn't enough for you?

dave i didn't make a mistake. you're not counting THIS year. ;) haha

Not the way they've started this year. However, they've had a great week 5. Maybe a sign of things to come? Doubtful. They just don't look as solid this year. In fact, they have looked very bad. Hopefully they turn it around though for all you New Englanders. ( And Billy Bordy even though I know that deep inside he's a Cleveland Fan. The whole Hardbooter crew was born in Ohio. ) There seems to be quite a few of you here and when you have 5 or 6 states backing a team, that's a solid fan base and a lot of electricity in the air for a team.

I'm just being nice. Phil is doing all the dirty work in this thread.... I'm very non-confrontational with the NFL due to the Browns' normal record.

Dave

And it was Chicago! Hmmm Cleveland..don't knock it till ya try it.. rated 26th best in the WOLRD to live go figure..... not me.. but hey.. I can think of worse..Minot North Dakota comes to mind!

Got a great home made brew buzz..... nice! its Sunday!

leave me alone Im gonna take a nap!

Right Said Shred