Note to New Members ×

OT: So where did YOUR screen name come from?

SWriverstone

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live in Utah. I learned how to carve a snowboard (in Utah). Carving is now legal in Utah. Gambling is not legal in Utah. That's what Las Vegas is for. Carving is not well-liked in Utah because it's differ'nt. You do get some funny looks from time to time. Sometimes someone on skis will say, "Oh my heck, he's riding a water-ski!". Some BOL folks might not know that it's okay to have a beer or a glass of wine in Utah. Utah has funny rules about drinking alcohol. Funny rules are meant to be broken from time to time in Utah. Like that one time at church last year.

I wear a beard but not a stovepipe style hat. I wear modern clothing that isn't always made by hand. Some of it is storebought. I only have one wife but, I'm always open to suggestions. Hef has three girlfriends. Hef lives in a mansion in California. If Hef lived in Utah, he'd be called something else besides a playboy.

Until BOL came along, I rode bindings I made from metal plates some guy found back in New York State years ago. Gold of some kind. Aluminum sure do make a better binders. I snowboard on Sunday. The slopes are empty on Sunday in Utah. This is a well-known secret in Utah.

My current avatar is of Tim the Enchanter from the movie Monty Python and The Holy Grail. It is not a picture of my mother-in-law. She is sometimes mistaken for Tim the Enchanter. Especially after she gets her hair done.

Hope this clears some things up.

Mark

Name of my company: Blue B Design - www.blueb.biz

Also describes my personality to certain extent.

B is my initial.

I use it on few other forums, too.

" DESIGN

is an indispensable marketing and development tool of every successful company. It is essential to the maintenance and growth of its image and sales, and development of the products.

BEE

is the symbol of hard and systematic work, creative buzz, good organization, and in some cultures - it even stands for intelligence. It produces one of the tastiest, and most nutritious matters known. Although there are millions of ordinary bees, the blue ones are hard to find!

BLUE

is the color associated with royalty, elegance, quality. Being a "Blue Chip Company" or someone's "Blue Chip Client" has a very special meaning in today's market. "

Boris

ahhh... I can thank "Shred Gruumer" and "Helmet Karvlow" for mine.... Shred flexed my F2 Speedster and said something to about how mellow the flex was... or maybe it was that I was calm and mellow.... I can't remember... and well... since the board is yellow and the jacket I had at the time was yellow... you get it

:sleep: My name is Justin. My last name is Allen. Funny story, theres a family in the next town over that is almost the same. Mothers name is the same, fathers name is the same, they even had the same dog's name. Crazy stuff. We threw them off by naming our cat Kozhka (Ko-sh-ka) For all of you who dont habla Russian, it means cat. On other boards Im known as SnowGodCCR. Because its cool. And I like CCR. Maybe I'll change it to UllrCCR for a change of name. :sleep:

-Justin

________

ULTIMATE FIGHTER

Well I as playing an online game " Pimp Wars " a few people were playing at work also and we were doing some butchering ( i work in a restaurant ) and we all were throwing names around for the "Gang". Well I liked T-Bone, but figured it was taken. I changed the spelling to match a motorcycle back protector that I have. It stuck when I knocked a buddy of mine off the local go kart track and became permanent when I T-Boned a drunk driver that ran a stop sign, putting me in the hospital fo 10 days. I use the same on line name everywhere.

Gene

Remember back to Junior High?

I remember constanltly filling out those 3X5 cards to order a catalog, or some such other thing... (Like a Burton Catalog.)

Anway, you know how those cards always have a section to "send one to a friend"? Well, my Friend was alwasy Skully Henderson, at the same address as me... (All of my real friends would do the same thing.) That way, I got two of everything. In the case of the Burton or any other Snowboarding / Skateboarding / BMX / Heavy Metal "Catalog" I got, one was for reading / memorizing, and the other one whas to hack up and put the pictures on my wall...

So Skully Henderson was a fictional caracter from my youth, and now Skully Henderson is my internet alter-ego (And my Hardbooting alter-ego too I guess.....)

:rolleyes:

My name is Terrance, friends call me Terry. Not very intimidating huh? Shorten it and "or", and it's scary.

Actually, when in high school, me and my friends thing for a while was to add, "or" to everything. My name became "Terr-or", pronounced like, tear oar.

Scary huh?

Guest stoked

stoked as in http://stoked.at and not being creative as for screen names

I just thought the domain name was too cool to not register it when I noticed that it was untaken and a couple of months later I was happy to employ it for the website

since I started snowboarding the riding was okay on some days also I was stoked on most days and super stoked on about 6 days of which 2 were powder days and 4 were freecarve days

also the title of my favourite book is STOKED! and I purchased it when I was stoked in Santa Cruz where the waves in the evening would just make you wanna 'stay and play'

after I had made my first copy a gift I was stoked to get 2 copies of the book from the author of which the unsigned one is for you to win at the website of the same name

Well Dan The Man is a pretty common sort of nickname, and I have been called that on and off for years. Generally though it is taken, so I added some number which have significance to me: 1 was the number I wore playing aussie rules for a couple of years, as well as rugby union in plenty of games (even though my normal number and position is 2); 77 is a number I had on all my clothes when I was at boarding school (everyone had their own number). I added the zero because, believe it or not, someone already had "177" years ago when I first started using it.

Quote:

i thought you were a Rush fan.........

That's what I always thought when I saw the YYZ in Dave's handle!

AMAZING drum solo on that one! Pretty sure they play that one in every concert when they tour.

How can you be a true Canuck and not be a Rush fan :biggthump