Note to New Members ×

OT: waaaaaaay OT....

Aisling

i have every iron maiden song on my mp3 player. They still tour i think. I love their stuff.

I discovered iron maiden when i downloaded their Childhood's End when i was looking for the pink floyd version. Both songs are amazing.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have every iron maiden song on my mp3 player. They still tour i think. I love their stuff.

I discovered iron maiden when i downloaded their Childhood's End when i was looking for the pink floyd version. Both songs are amazing.

I hope that includes of the the Paul Dianno ones as well..

Its not Maiden, but on a related note (and some folks lump Maiden in with Metallica):

Everyone knows that Metallica conducts electricity. Don't listen to Metallica on your iPod while mowing the lawn in a lightning storm or you could end up like this:

20060706_124339_CD06_lightning1_400.jpg

Link to Denver Post Article

Full text:

Lightning zeros in on teenager's tunes; Castle Rock boy burned via iPod wires

By Felisa Cardona

Denver Post Staff Writer

DenverPost.com

Castle Rock - Jason Bunch was listening to Metallica on his iPod while mowing the lawn outside his Castle Rock home Sunday afternoon when lightning hit him.

The last thing the 17-year-old remembers was that a storm was coming from the north and he had only about 15 minutes before he should go inside.

Next thing he knew, he was in his bed, bleeding from his ears and vomiting. He was barefoot and had taken off his burned T-shirt and gym shorts. He doesn't know how he got back in the house.

Bunch immediately called his mother, who was in Illinois visiting family.

"Mom, I think I was hit by lightning," he said.

Kelly Risheill told her son to call 911, and she started the 14-hour drive home.

About the same time, a neighbor saw Bunch's scorched green and white Reebok tennis shoes in the street, a few feet away from the lawn mower. She also called for help.

Bunch was taken to Sky Ridge Medical Center and placed in intensive care. He was sent home Tuesday.

"I'm alive, and that is what I am grateful for," Bunch said as he lay in bed Wednesday.

From the hospital, Bunch called a friend and told him he wasn't able to go bowling. Then, he called a girl he was supposed to meet for a date.

"I said, 'I did not stand you up. I was struck by lightning."'

Bunch's ears were burned on the inside, and he's lost some hearing, mostly on the right side. His hair was singed.

His face, chest, hands and right leg have freckle-size welts on them as if buckshot had come from inside his body out.

The wounds follow the line of his iPod, from his ears down his right side to his hip, where he was carrying the device. The iPod has a hole in the back, and the earbuds dissolved into green threads.

Bunch and his mother believe the iPod acted as an antenna, drawing the lightning to him. There were tall pine trees nearby that didn't get hit.

But lightning and weather experts say that's probably not the case.

"There is no scientific evidence to show that lightning is 'attracted' to items like an iPod. However, if someone wearing earbuds is struck, current may travel along the wires into the ears," said Gregory Stewart of the Denver-based Lightning Reference Center. "There are documented cases of lightning traveling through wired telephones and killing the users. "

Objects such as loose change in victims' pockets have left first- and second-degree burns after a lightning strike, Stewart said.

Doctors have told Bunch his hearing might come back if the nerves inside were not damaged. For now, he can't stand up because he gets dizzy and his equilibrium is off.

Bunch's mother recalled the death of a motorcyclist who was hit by lightning on U.S. 36 last month and expressed relief that her son's life was spared.

"It's a miracle," she said. "He should not have lived through it."

Staff writer Felisa Cardona can be reached at 303-820-1219 or fcardona@denverpost.com.

So I am tired of dinner and the movies and think its generally lame.

I want to know what your creative minds have for good activities for a date (first dates or just other dates).

Some of the things I came up with for the right people

Cooking a gourmet meal

Inline Skating

Dying hair

Go-carts/Air Hockey

Kayaking/Canoeing

Swapping favorite ice creams

Bowling

Fixing my webcam

etc etc

dying hair and fixing the webcam aren't dates.

the others sound ok...although I would probably throw the ice crfeam with the go karts and the air hockey...

another good one...Hike to the top of the moiuntain, and then have wine and cheese over sunset. be sure to brinbg flaqshlights for the hike back down.

So I am tired of dinner and the movies and think its generally lame.

I want to know what your creative minds have for good activities for a date (first dates or just other dates).

was Paintball. She married me so maybe it worked too well. :biggthump:biggthump

I like the go cart one. We are also both hack golfers but we have had a really good time golfing a couple times. If either one is too serious this will not work. I have also hosted a couple of home sushi parties that were really fun, this was more of a group thing but you always have your special someone to make it better.

Good luck.

Paintball is an excellent one, as is hiking. My last first date was supposed to be bowling, but we both forgot our free bowling coupons :p So we just drove around and got ice cream. While getting ice cream I was accused of being boring because I got vanilla soft serve lol. She wasn't much better since she got plain chocolate. it was a good time.

Other ideas are:

Biking

Sailing

Snowboarding

Using skipuppy's webcam ;)

The zoo

Billiards clubs

________

NEVADA MEDICAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARIES

If you do get the webcam fixed and the rest of the date seems to be going well, please be sure to post the address of the webcam here on BOL so we can all watch and grade his performance!

I really am turning into a dirty old man. :1luvu: :rolleyes:

* Video games (esp motorcycle/car racing games) and air hockey. I would never normally do this, so it's always fun when someone takes me there.

* The hike with wine and cheese thing ... the other half and I do that quite often and it's always fun.

* The football or hockey game. Grab a beer and some bad food and amuse yourself asking him, and all the people around you, lots of dumb questions. See if you can get on the kiss-cam.

* Playing pool is awesome. Distract him by running your pool cue up the inside of his leg as he's going for the money shot.

* Driving to somewhere 100km away for a burger (best if he has a motorbike).

* The driving range. Especially if you're half trashed.

This has just reminded me that L and I have not done most of these forever. I shall address that ...

My wife and i went to the garbage dump on our first "date". She had yard trash to clean up, and I just happened to show up with my truck. Got pizza afterwards and fed the kids. We had spent a lot of time checking each other out beforehand, and it just worked out.....

id say a good first date is going to an expensive restaurant and making her pay :eplus2:

well i actually never done that but i'll let you know when i do.

instead of a nice dinner, throw in a suprise like wendy's or if you wanna splurge, let her super size it.

No one mentioned the beach at night yet? boardwalk if you're near one?

id say a good first date is going to an expensive restaurant and making her pay :eplus2:

well i actually never done that but i'll let you know when i do.

instead of a nice dinner, throw in a suprise like wendy's or if you wanna splurge, let her super size it.

No one mentioned the beach at night yet? boardwalk if you're near one?

Wendy's is not a surprise. It's fast food. I know you are in college but you have much to learn grasshopper.

LOL! none taken. I actually had tons of great dates to the beach, especially Hampton beach. Of course I would never go to wendy's for a date. I almost always pick up the bill when we would go to a restaurant but I duno how impressive it would be to go all the way down to Pennsylvania for a first date:

Denny's Beer Barrell Pub!!!!!

This is one of my top 10 proud moments from high school. :biggthump

You guys have been talking so much about "ladies", "bikinis", and "this thread's nothing without pics". What about pics of the men? OK, not necessarily in bikinis but let's show off what YOU got!
I posted a pic of ME in a speedo here :rolleyes: awhile back...as a goof.My brasilian wife must've deleted the pic cuz I can't seem to find it on the HD. BEEFCAKE O RAMA :cool:

I posted a pic of ME in a speedo here :rolleyes: awhile back...as a goof.My brasilian wife must've deleted the pic cuz I can't seem to find it on the HD. BEEFCAKE O RAMA :cool:

well speedos are appropriate only in certain places. All i say is when in rome...well i guess right now most people are wasted and running the streets ass naked. Congrats to italy. Boston is crazy right now.

I wonder what made Zidane snap like that. Potentially cost France the Cup.

Russia is no where in sight :-\