Note to New Members ×

OT: waaaaaaay OT....

Aisling

Aisling was like "I'm tired of dating a$$holes" - and then we were all like "blah blah blah" for about a YEAR - and then she was like "I met this great guy" - so we're all like "cool" -and then she's like - "he's a dirtbag" - and we're all like "not cool - but shine it and ride" - and she's like "I might go to Australia" - and we're like "life is good" - and then Noah was like "whatz going on". Capiche?

OMG that's perfect!:biggthump :biggthump :biggthump

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry for my lack of moderation, new job and lack of a personal computer has been keeping me down. But I just got my new toy, and met the boston guys, so I should be back...

My Brother is moving to Denver next, so maybe I'll be stopping by HQ a little more (than once in 10 years)...sorry Michelle, He's Married...

• 2 weeks later...
new question... do boys like it if you ask them out or are they freaked?

Boys usually get freaked out. Men do not - we enjjjjjjjooy it, specially when you pick us up to. Be sure your car is clean and you open the door too! :argue:

I am serious -- a little light hearted jestures go a long way - specially if the dating couples are just getting to know each other. :1luvu::1luvu:

Great question Aisling. Most guys freak, whether they are men or boys. Something I have said many times, generally the male species is afraid of strong women. It intimidates them.

However, I have heard from my guy friends that they would like it and be open to it. HAven't seen it in action though.

BTW, you guys all missed the SES - we had days I would consider EPIC, like yesterday.:biggthump

Great question Aisling. Most guys freak, whether they are men or boys. Something I have said many times, generally the male species is afraid of strong women. It intimidates them.

I think one of the reasons why guys are intimidated by strong women is that these women often don't leave room for a guy to be useful in their lives. I think that guys generally need to somehow feel useful or needed or else there is no way the relationship could be balanced. I'm open to other people's interpretations behind why many guys might be intimidated by strong women (other than the obvious low self-esteem, etc) :lurk:

Wh-Wh-What are you saying? That...sniff...that...sniff...that I'm of no use to you? That I...I...I'm...........not needed?? :( How could you? You already know I don't feel good about myself because I'm...you know...just a...OK I'll say it...goofy footer. I can't help it...this is the way I am....I'll make it up to you if you...sniff...just give me one more chance...really. If you won't have me than I don't know who will...can't you see...I NEEEED you...you're so strong and confident and I just am not ANY of those things...snifffle...whimper...this always happens...it's NEVER gonna work out for me...NOBODY needs me...and all just because I ride backwards...my father wuz right...I'm never gonna amount to nothin'...I just want to die...snifff...snort...choke. :rolleyes:

I think one of the reasons why guys are intimidated by strong women is that these women often don't leave room for a guy to be useful in their lives. I think that guys generally need to somehow feel useful or needed or else there is no way the relationship could be balanced. I'm open to other people's interpretations behind why many guys might be intimidated by strong women (other than the obvious low self-esteem, etc) :lurk:

or other than broad, sweeping generalizations? Plenty of women who consider themselves "strong" are really just arrogant b-----s, and men avoid them not out of fear but out of disgust. Is the opposite of "useful" useless? So...guys are useless to strong women? Hmmmm. Symbiotic incapability....

or other than broad, sweeping generalizations? Plenty of women who consider themselves "strong" are really just arrogant b-----s, and men avoid them not out of fear but out of disgust. Is the opposite of "useful" useless? So...guys are useless to strong women? Hmmmm. Symbiotic incapability....

I agree, but not all women.

and not all men are afraid of "strong" women. I've dated quite a few women in my life, of varying personalities and the ones that would classify themselves as "strong" were invariably the most f-d up, difficult to deal with, and self-centered. I dont usually argue that self-centeredness is such a horrible thing since we need it to survive, but in a "trying to be in a relationship" sense, it's a pain in the !#$

just felt a little twitchy here...thread turning to male bashing again.

and not all men are afraid of "strong" women. I've dated quite a few women in my life, of varying personalities and the ones that would classify themselves as "strong" were invariably the most f-d up, difficult to deal with, and self-centered. I dont usually argue that self-centeredness is such a horrible thing since we need it to survive, but in a "trying to be in a relationship" sense, it's a pain in the !#$

just felt a little twitchy here...thread turning to male bashing again.

Gosh, and we're supposed to be the sensitive gender. Male bashing??? What??? Did I say ALL men?? I know better than to say a sweeping statement like that on this forum. I don't consider myself f-d up, difficult to deal with (only some times :) ) or self-centered. At this point in my life, someone would have told me already.

So excuse the language in the next section:

BITCHOLOGY

When I stand up for myself and my beliefs, they call me a bitch.

When I stand up for those I love, they call me a bitch.

When I speak my mind, think my own thoughts or do things my own way, they call me a bitch.

Being a bitch means I won't compromise what's in my heart. It

means I live my life MY way. It means I won't allow anyone to step on me.

When I refuse to tolerate injustice and speak against it, I am

defined as a bitch.

The same thing happens when I take time for myself instead of being everyone's maid, or when I act a little selfish.<O:p></O:p>

It means I have the courage and strength to allow myself to be who I truly am and won't become anyone else's idea of what they think I "should" be. <O:p></O:p>

I am outspoken, opinionated and determined. I want what I want and there is nothing wrong with that!

So try to stomp on me, try to douse my inner flame, try to squash every ounce of beauty I hold within me. You won't succeed.

And if that makes me a bitch, so be it. I embrace the title and am proud to bear it.

B - Babe

I - In

T - Total

C - Control of

H - Herself

B = Beautiful

I = Intelligent

T = Talented

C = Charming

H = Hell of a Woman

B = Beautiful

I = Individual