Note to New Members ×

Jerry or Jenius?

Neil Gendzwill

Can't think of a reason it wouldn't work at a basic level. How well it works depends in part upon how much the plate allows the ski underneath to flex, rather than creating a long and rigid flat zone.

Jenius if they've worked out a way to get the edges of both skis to engage in a carved turn.

Looks fun on groomers, it might be really fast.  In powder (we got 25” last night) it seems like it would be a sketchy submarine.  Curious about how it would handle death cookies and if frozen clumps would strike the plate. I’d try it, if only to melt skier’s brains in the lift line. 

• Like 1

On 3/31/2023 at 4:15 PM, davekempmeister said:

I saw Mike riding one of these at Sunapee.  It rips.  
My thought when watching him ride; great for skiers who want to hardboot, but without the need to acquire boards. 

Wouldn't they have to acquire skis without bindings?

I don't think this thing is going to be an improvement over existing alpine snowboards.  The flex pattern of skis is not designed for the inputs and weight shifts of alpine snowboarding.

4 hours ago, philw said:

Actually here's the same thing from a speed ski course in 2005, Austria. I can't remember the guy's speed, but it would have been between 130Km/h and 200, so faster than almost everyone else will ever go on a snowboard.

spacer.png

But presumably for this use with downhill skis underneath, no turning required!

• Like 1