Custom Metal Coiler, Deeluxe Boots(Indys), Catek OS2 Bindings and Plates

Moved to Florida, selling to move to Kiteboarding. Custom Metal Coiler 180RC(180x18.8x11.5x159 contact) $650. Deeluxe Indy boots with modable liners, step in heels, blue springs  $250. Catek OS2 bindings $150. Catek plates $50. $1100 total - take all for $1000.

All equipment one owner and in great shape. Board never ground down. Tons of base and edge left. Normal wear on top sheet.

All extra hardware for OS2s(standard bails,extra screws and allens), plus original parts for boots(original springs and heels) tossed in.

You pay shipping.

Back board and boots.jpg

Boot and liners front.jpg

Front board and boots.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So back when I purchased this board I sked Bruce "If someone asks what model Coiler this board is what should I tell them?"

Here is his reply:

Just say its the best one!
It is actually a custom template done for the metal construction as the rounded tail gives the boards a bit more lateral stiffness across the tail. It is based on a 180 Racecarve but had the contact length shortened to 159cms from 162. So it really is a 180 metal racecarve
180 x 18.8 x 11.5m x 3mm taper, 159 contact. Quite turny as you will soon find out(-:
BV

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By toddfranc
      SOLD boots (on eBay)

Decided that my days of hard boots are in the past. Never giving up the carving though. Just going to stick with soft boots.
      I have a pair of Deeluxe Track 700 in white/black, size 9 US (42 UK, 27.0 mondo) that I'm looking to sell. They're like new as I only used them for 2 hours. Currently have the boots listed on ebay, but figured I'd also offer the boots and bindings here. I'll cancel the eBay listing as needed. Asking $295 (reduced to this price on Oct 26). Free shipping for continental US only. 

• By hknz
      Deeluxe 325 424 free69 SB Cant Parts
      Aluminium metal CNC cant (0mm, 2mm or 4mm) - $8 each (won't break) Outer/Inner Cant Assembly (cover/Tnut/screw) - $8 each Outer/Inner Cant cover - $6 each Price in USD. Accept equivalent GBP/EUR/CAD. Bargain is welcome if you buy more. Return not accepted.
      Advice -  The plastic cant of SB is known to be easily broken (see last photo). Replace it before it brokes and protect your ankle.
      Shipping Option - Air mail to US, CAN, UK, AUS, NZ, EUR etc in 1 to 2 weeks. Please give me your address to check. I will send you a video of posting at the post office proven the sending of the parcel.
      $1 (without tracking) $3 (with tracking) $4 up (with tracking and insured) $30 up (express post in 2 days) Payment - Paypal Friends & Family (buyer covers paypal fee) OR Alipay.
      Contact - I may not read forum message very often. My email (gmail) are fotobread@gxxxx.cxx AND tshui1980@gxxxx.cxx

• By forf.dawg
      Selling a used 180cm x 20cm Kessler "The Alpine"
      Used for one season, but I can't ride anymore due to work and a knee injury. Hoping it goes to someone who can put it to good use.
      Can be ridden left foot forward (regular) or right foot forward (goofy)
      Asking $700 or best offer.

• By Québec man
      Coiler ECVC 174
      PROTOTYPE..... 
      practically new ... was used only 5 days in total. FOR BIG RIDERS (185lbs and up) a unique piece.  Base was wax
      $ 475 USD + shipping.

• By Jack M
      I asked @Bruce Varsava at Coiler to simply tell me more about these new "Contra" shapes.  Well if you've met Bruce you know you're gonna get everything you ask for and then some!  One thing led to another and now I have taken delivery of two demo units to test in December.  A 174, 20.5cm, avg 12.5m, and a 166, 20cm, avg 10.5m.  I'll compare to my custom Kessler 175/20.5/10-14, and my stock Kessler 168/20/8-12.  Those Contra sidecut numbers need explanation.  Here was the gist of the email thread with Bruce, posting with his permission:
      "
      The Contra was designed from scratch as a board to handle a wide range of snow that we get from climate issues. It actually uses a lot of designs from previous freecarve models but puts them together in a unique package.
      Softer mid and tail allow for excellent ice grip and control on steeps. Bit stiffer nose punches through crud nicely. Sidecuts are different - not nearly as nose-grabby, and with less bouncing. Turns are altered more through angulation than fore/aft movement although a bit of that still helps. Kinda like but not quite an elliptical sidecut.

Been working on them for about a year with help from the Montucky bros. Testing has confirmed that they work extremely well. I was out on a few occasions in rather shitty stuff and didn't realize how bad it was until I got on a Nirvana which is not too bad of a board but these surpass them quite easily especially in less than ideal snow. I was definitely bouncing around more on the Nirvana. .
      The Contra uses a mid tight sidecut similar to an elliptical but we have extra goodies thrown in here and there. @johnasmo is the real genius behind these sidecuts and has a system in place which allows for super consistent design and therefore consistent feel throughout the entire line. 
      The Contra really gives the feeling that all parts are working in complete unison. First ride on one I immediately noticed it had a clean raceboard feel in a board that turns tight and biggest bonus is it works well in a stupid wide range of snow. I have had a few instances where I started a day on a Contra then went back to a traditional board and could not believe how shitty the conditions were. Get this feedback from a lot of riders. They just eat up the crappy snow we get all the time now. Grip is stupid high also as they seem to just hang onto almost anything.

I bet you wonder how this all started (-:
      Each part of the Contra I have done before although the new sidecuts are a lot more involved. Never did all these things in one board so that was the goal to blend it all together. After seeing that a few other builders were designing boards with a mid tight sidecut and getting good results, I figured it was time to get to work on the freecarve boards. Last 4 seasons I was actually working on softboot and BX stuff which really required me to up the game in regards to my design system as softy boards are actually a bit more complicated to design. Softies are a great success story for me, sold very few raceboards last season and a lot of softboot boards so the design time was well spent. Now that the softy program is up to date, I used the new design system to work on the Contra and it took all of three prototypes to get a really nice board. I had to experiment with different ways to control stiffness along with the type of stiffness and when you get it right, it is exceptionally good. 
      Reality is most guys need the easy rider boards which the Contra excels at. Not to say it isn't great for more skilled riders as it is,  especially when it allows you to ride hard in sub ideal conditions.  
      Contra sidecuts are a bit more involved so we just use one radius to describe them. However, the actual number to suit your needs has to be a bit tighter than what we are used to referencing from previous boards.
      The reason is that they like to stretch a turn better than tightening one so you simply get a tighter sidecut which will happily go faster and be plenty stable. I would say on average you go with .5 to 1m tighter than what you would normally want from any of my previous designs. 
      Most popular has been a 12.5m  so I'll go with that for the 174 demo. The 166 is a real sweet board with the 10.5m. One of my favorites!
      Some other exciting news as I just secured an autoclave which will allow me to use the hi end pre-preg carbon/glass similar to what a certain European manufacturer who makes a lot of black boards uses (-: 
      An autoclave is a heat/pressure vessel which is what they use to press their boards. Unfortunately, the Covid issues have slowed this project down as I have not even been able to pick up the Autoclave yet. 
      My only problem is I am old! Elbow just gave out yesterday and I'm starting to sound like a broken record complaining about injures but I'm a few weeks away from 59 yrs old and it is the reality of a lot of hard mileage on my joints. Held up better than hoped for last season just finished which was a surprise as I did about 95 boards since Sept. Plan is to do about 80 boards next season as I am supposed the be off now till Sept.
      With the pandemic on the go, no golf so I have been busy making up a few stock Contra's which will be available in fall. 
      As of writing this I already have about 60 of the 80 orders for next season but won't be starting those till fall. 
      Can I golf now, puuuulllleeeez!
      BV
      "
    • By GileslikestoCarve
      DEELUXE HB ThermoFlex DCL 131 boot liners
      Had them fitted and used for 1/2 season, was told they were the right size but they always crunched my toes.
      They are Mondo 28
      Paid $164 CAD but selling for $75
      shipping extra

• By Termin8tor
      Brand new never worn, never molded, Palau liners.  Asking $375 plus ship.   PRICE DROP $355!  Price drop again!!! $300 

• By tonyuriarte
      New, never molded Deeluxe size 26 liners $100 (usps shipping in US only included)

• By Surf Quebec
      Coiler Nirvana Energy 170
      Waist 20cm, sidecut radius 12-14m
      Inscription on the sidewall: 170 NFC 013 6.4+5
      Base has been ground only once.
      I'm the only owner, board in good condition and has been ridden rarely in the last 5 years.
      Topsheet have normal light scratches, one nick at the tail
      Bindings and shipping not included.
      400$ + shipping

• By timbox18
      Coiler Nirvana Energy 174 - Snake Graphic
      Nose 25.5cm, Waist 20cm, Tail 24.5cm, Insert Spacing 46cm/48cm/50cm, SCR ?
      Inscription on the sidewall: T 174 NFC 013 CDB 6.4+5
      Purchased from @pmorita last season.  Rode it twice last season, and once this season... Not getting along with it.  I feel more comfortable on wider boards...
      Topsheet have normal light scratches, light binding residue where mounted.  Base has light scratches, and very faint base suck under inserts.  Light tarnishing on edges at nose/tail.  Used once after waxing this season.  Edges should to be sharpened to your liking...
      $350 + shipping
      Board is in NYC.  Local pickup can be arranged also...