Note to New Members ×

So confused...

Riccardo

@Kneel  Thirst 8RW is ~185cm?  That's a big board for the Creek.  Sounded like the thirst does well in the North East.
Would love to hear a more in depth review on the 8RW from the NE carver's perspective.
I am thinking about the superconductor for next season.  It's really more about the flex, profile of the board than the length.  

22 hours ago, pow4ever said:

@Kneel  Thirst 8RW is ~185cm?  That's a big board for the Creek.  Sounded like the thirst does well in the North East.
Would love to hear a more in depth review on the 8RW from the NE carver's perspective.
I am thinking about the superconductor for next season.  It's really more about the flex, profile of the board than the length.  

I've never ridden it at the Creek. It doesn't act like 185cm, but you, well I do, need a good 10-15yds of room to feel comfortable, especially with all the kooks at the Creek.  Unfortunately I don't have a good NE perspective yet as I haven't been able to time it right when I've been in VT, but on the few less than stellar days its's been ridden it was a game changer for me. I'm inherently lazy and act much older than I am., but once you get it sorted out, and there is a learning curve, it's almost effortless to ride.  The Superconductor I believe will be perfect, the XC maybe better for smaller tighter hills. I hope to have one or both in my hands before the end of the season. 👍

• Thanks 1

I rode @Algunderfoot's Thirst 8RW for a few runs.  (At least, I'm pretty sure it was an 8RW)  I was surprised how 'short' it rode.  I was expecting a big race board that needed speed, I got a freecarver that was happy at reasonable speeds.  Turned more like a 12m sidecut board than a 14m board.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kneel said:

The Superconductor I believe will be perfect, the XC maybe better for smaller tighter hills

I have a Superconductor, but also wanted something turnier. I was initially interested in the XC, but was wondering if the XC had a bit too much overlap with the SC; I wanted something more distinct.  

After talking with Mark some more, he built me an SF, but stiffer with a flex index around 0.4 (seems like most of his builds are in the low 0.2 range, my SC is 0.22).  By the numbers the sidecuts between the SC and SF are pretty similar, but they’re entirely different beasts; the SC is as effortless as everyone says they are, but the SF is more demanding, and the harder/tighter you turn it the better it gets.  

• Like 1

On 1/21/2019 at 12:16 PM, jburk said:

I have a Superconductor, but also wanted something turnier. I was initially interested in the XC, but was wondering if the XC had a bit too much overlap with the SC; I wanted something more distinct.  

After talking with Mark some more, he built me an SF, but stiffer with a flex index around 0.4 (seems like most of his builds are in the low 0.2 range, my SC is 0.22).  By the numbers the sidecuts between the SC and SF are pretty similar, but they’re entirely different beasts; the SC is as effortless as everyone says they are, but the SF is more demanding, and the harder/tighter you turn it the better it gets.  

I know I'll eventually end up with one of each.  😐  But right now my guts telling me the XC will be the magic bullet.  Interesting point on the flex index which will no doubt come up in the hour+ long conversation with Mark. 👍

• Like 1

On 1/21/2019 at 9:04 AM, Kneel said:

I've never ridden it at the Creek. It doesn't act like 185cm, but you, well I do, need a good 10-15yds of room to feel comfortable, especially with all the kooks at the Creek.  Unfortunately I don't have a good NE perspective yet as I haven't been able to time it right when I've been in VT, but on the few less than stellar days its's been ridden it was a game changer for me. I'm inherently lazy and act much older than I am., but once you get it sorted out, and there is a learning curve, it's almost effortless to ride.  The Superconductor I believe will be perfect, the XC maybe better for smaller tighter hills. I hope to have one or both in my hands before the end of the season. 👍

Thank you for the feedback!  Please keep us up to date on your experience on Thirst Snowboard as the season progress.

Lazy rider united!:

yLHEV.jpg

On 1/21/2019 at 9:36 AM, Corey said:

I rode @Algunderfoot's Thirst 8RW for a few runs.  (At least, I'm pretty sure it was an 8RW)  I was surprised how 'short' it rode.  I was expecting a big race board that needed speed, I got a freecarver that was happy at reasonable speeds.  Turned more like a 12m sidecut board than a 14m board.  

Agreed.  The 8RW rides much smaller but with all the stability of a longer board. Finding your sweet spot on the inserts really brings the board to life. For me, back on the inserts in good snow and centered for hard, icy snow. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dredman said:

Agreed.  The 8RW rides much smaller but with all the stability of a longer board. Finding your sweet spot on the inserts really brings the board to life. For me, back on the inserts in good snow and centered for hard, icy snow. 

Corey/Dave:  Don't take this the wrong way.  Yous guys are high level rider/big dogs.  Mere mortal like me need to take reviews from you with grain of salt lol.
I am pretty sure if we strap yous guys to a piece of plywood and you will do fine.

Great to know that the thirst 8RW ride short with stability of a longer board; sound like the perfect amount of pixie dust were applied 👍

I really enjoyed my 185 SG GS where there are real estate...  it's just too easy to go Mach 5 without realizing it.
Plus bending it is just so much work for this lazy bum...