Note to New Members ×

Recreational carver or Medical carver.... Which one are you?

Pusbag

I'm a medically obligate hardbooter due to lack of rear ankle mobility.

I do it because I enjoy it. I do it because I think I'm good at it. It makes me feel good improving at something I enjoy.  It is a recreational activity. Sooooooo I guess I'm a....... medreational carver?

Let's just go with happy snowboarder. 

• Like 3

On 4/8/2018 at 11:09 AM, kram said:

It must be recreational for me. I'm not sick. I don't need it anyway I can quit anytime. 

I know people that can quit, you aint one

18 hours ago, kram said:

Just 113, it's not like I'm going up every day 

you could get more if you give up family time

9 hours ago, Pusbag said:

Us north Idaho boys ride a lot. I don't count but I ride a lot.

I used to count days, but after a decade 100+ seasons counting less was depressing:freak3:

I ride a lot and still only get half the days kram does

I guess I'm pretty squarely in the passionately-recreational camp given the limited number of days I ride.  I've stopped counting days as it's too depressing, even with our 4 month-long season.  I just get out whenever and wherever I can.  

Definitely medical for me. Started the season not knowing what.

Regained my health.  Went crazy with boards and pursuit of that amazing feeling of liberty and performance. Went every time I had a few hours. More than any year of my life. I'm at 53 times now. Going to VT this weekend.  Seeking anywhere there is snow.  I don't want it to end.

Best season ever.

Edited by Poloturbo
  • Like 3

On 4/9/2018 at 12:45 PM, Corey said:

Wow.  You rode more this year than I have in the last 4 or 5 years.  Nice!  

Dang dude, are you saying I should be better?  That's the second time I've heard that. Earlier this season I was carving with dkp and neuroto and neuroto told us that if he rode every day he would be too good to ride with us. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

23 hours ago, kram said:

Dang dude, are you saying I should be better?  That's the second time I've heard that. Earlier this season I was carving with dkp and neuroto and neuroto told us that if he rode every day he would be too good to ride with us. 

tell him to follow me through the trees sometime

Fitness carver, and ego boost of false self worth from screaming chicks in the liftlines

I'm sure it annoys people that hang out with me. For me it's like oxygen to keep going, 

Men  over 30 get this sag line on their butts. Hotties  do not dig that at all I hear them complain about their ex BFs. 

Carving for 40+ days keeps that from happening. Pulling high G's carving  .... its super fun and heart healthy.

Probably doing deep heavy dead lifting and sprinting also would do the same thing, but what fun is that?  Where are the screaming women ?  Would I wanna marry  a woman who thought it was cool to watch sprinting ? Nope.

• Like 1

Medical definitely, multiple addictions, e.g. G force, Speed, Endorphin, Giggles, Cold, Apres.... Physically certainly, staying in shape for more snowboarding, Summer waterskiing, and the mental where with all to go back to work! Day 66 calling tomorrow ?