Note to New Members ×

Anyone had experience with injection molded liners?

daveo

Seeking guidance.  My ski race boots (Lange 130 flex) fit so snug I have difficulty getting them on but my Snowboard boots (Head Strato Pros) are so loose my feet are swimming in them.  They're the proper size - mondo 28.5 - but the liners have packed out and no amount of tightening the buckles gets them tight enough.  I tried the liners from my old Lange Crazy Blues but the heel felt like there was too much material.  

The ski shop I used to run online sales for sells Intuition Liners.  What would you folks recommend?

1 hour ago, patmoore said:

Seeking guidance.  My ski race boots (Lange 130 flex) fit so snug I have difficulty getting them on but my Snowboard boots (Head Strato Pros) are so loose my feet are swimming in them.  They're the proper size - mondo 28.5 - but the liners have packed out and no amount of tightening the buckles gets them tight enough.  I tried the liners from my old Lange Crazy Blues but the heel felt like there was too much material.  

The ski shop I used to run online sales for sells Intuition Liners.  What would you folks recommend?

If the lang liners fit ok get rid of the extra material on the outside. Do you want pretty or comfortable ? Head stratos  are rather  roomy for my feet but i don't have your foot to compare.

19 hours ago, lonbordin said:

Power Wrap or Power Wrap +

(Note: this advice is from some guy on the internet who has never seen you. A trip to a local bootfitter might save you a lot of extra work)

Pro wrap here for the thin soles. 

I looked into getting foam injected liners last season but decided that I don't get out enough in the season to warrent getting them right now. One of my concerns too is I have heard they are generally cold, and I typically have cold feet anyway, so something like hotronics would make foam liners probably $500+.

I also don't know of anything other than zip fit near me and I have heard indifferent feedback on them. 

On 9.3.2018 at 1:38 AM, muthahucker said:

Ive used Surefoot injected ski boot liners on a couple sets of ski boots, should be the same for snowboard boots.  Best money ever spent on boots.

The Surefoot liners look really great! I've never heard of them but if you do decide to go with them, please make sure the liner tongue is higher than the tongue of the .951 shell :biggthump

2 hours ago, Puhutes said:

The Surefoot liners look really great! I've never heard of them but if you do decide to go with them, please make sure the liner tongue is higher than the tongue of the .951 shell :biggthump

Can you give a measurement for that so I can ask my bootfitter this exact question?