Note to New Members ×

Boots in olympics

drschwartz

3 hours ago, billyt. said:

Both woman's and men's gold medal winners were riding with Deeluxe track 700.  Nice coverage, better than nothing?  Looked like the red course was a bit faster with less ruts up top? Congratulations to all competitors.

I thought the red course was faster too. I can't believe the competitors weren't forced to run on the blue course if they won on the red course on their previous run.

2 minutes ago, 1xsculler said:

I thought the red course was faster too. I can't believe the competitors weren't forced to run on the blue course if they won on the red course on their previous run.

Um... Everyone who proceeded had won their previous run, so someone had to run on blue, and the higher qualifier got to choose. So the gold medals were essentially decided from the qualifying round (where they had to run blue and red). 

I think because the event is parallel giant slalom, not giant slalom.

If speed events you meanAlpine skiing, then that is run over 2 runs on the same course I think with the second run being in reverse order to alleviate any sort of advantage gained due to course degradation. I think, not exactly sure though. Someone might know better. 

14 minutes ago, daveo said:

I think because the event is parallel giant slalom, not giant slalom.

If speed events you meanAlpine skiing, then that is run over 2 runs on the same course I think with the second run being in reverse order to alleviate any sort of advantage gained due to course degradation. I think, not exactly sure though. Someone might know better. 

So, eliminate the event of parallel slalom and run a giant slalom event run like you suggested.

Did anyone who ran the blue course win if both competitors completed decent runs?

Either way they should be doing two runs to be fair, whether it be on the same course or parallel courses. Really don't know what they were thinking.

Seemed liked red needed to make a small error for blue to win on a perfect run. If both were perfect, red was clearly faster. There was one turn on blue which seemed slightly more downhill and racers seemed to either overshoot it into the next turn or slow down for it. 

Then again I don't know much so someone may have a better idea. 

The typical format at most other levels, amateur and pro, is one run on blue and one run on red as parallel simultaneous runs between two competitors, then the best combined time wins. At some events there are timed start gates that delay the opening of the racer with the slower time in the first run so that the second run finish determines the overall winner. Don't know why the Olympic event was different. Probably TV and time considerations, although I agree that red course was clearly faster except for the last three gates which were faster on blue. Red course overall gave an advantage to the racer.

12 hours ago, HillB said:

World Cup format is 1 run elimination in finals with the better seed being able to choose the course. Nor Am Cup is following this format some of the time to prepare athletes for the WC.

Pity, Red course always ran faster, shoulda, woulda, couda.

Anyway, It looked like the .951 riders were jerking around, vs the DeLux and UPZ riders flowing, it seemed the .951 boots were very stiff like a Ski slalom boot "very stiff" vs a downhill boot, sorta flexible~ Flexon.

Or the .951 was more upright? Rider after rider was just jumping and jerking then setting an edge, and the delux and upz were riding smoothly, transitioning from edge to edge.

Great carves by all, excellent camera work, pity it wasn't a run on each course, every red course rider had an advantage, easy money for the bookies;) 

On 24.2.2018 at 4:19 PM, philw said:

Good to know.

The competition guys may well be riding something (a) they didn't pay for; and (b) which is not retail standard. Just saying.

As it is our first year of production we aren't able to give anything away. Also, Ramona Hofmeister rides our standard liner that you get in store with no modifications.

Edited by Puhutes
  • Like 2

On 24.2.2018 at 4:41 AM, drschwartz said:

Mighty popular for the first season of the new version of your boot - congrats. Where can you buy these in the US?

Thanks so much for the compliment! 

Our network is still pretty small. We have All Board Sports in the USA and Patrik Gaudet in Quebec, Canada. 

You can also order directly from us. 

https://mountain-slope.com/Contact/Country/

On 24.2.2018 at 1:22 PM, billyt. said:

Both woman's and men's gold medal winners were riding with Deeluxe track 700.  Nice coverage, better than nothing?  Looked like the red course was a bit faster with less ruts up top? Congratulations to all competitors.

We're extremely happy with the results! As you can imagine, it is really difficult for top riders to go and change their material before a huge event like the Olympic games. Many top riders stuck with the material they normally use, while others took the chance and tried our boots. This season, there are athletes in front who've never been there before and others who are now no where to be seen. We knew this would be an exciting Olympics for this very reason. I can't imagine anything better for the sport than Ester Ledecka winning. The fact that she won gold in both skiing and snowboarding will be talked about for years! Also, the fact that Germany won Silver - Selina Joerg & Bronze - Ramona Hofmeister (Point.951)  is fantastic as well because Germany has amazing sports coverage all over Europe. Lee Sangho getting silver (with Point.951) is wonderful too since it is always a huge deal when the hosting country wins a medal in any specific sport. And don't forget Zan Kosir with the Point.950 boots! 

Lee-Sang-ho.jpg

Ramona_Bronze.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/28/2018 at 9:56 AM, Puhutes said:

As it is our first year of production we aren't able to give anything away. Also, Ramona Hofmeister rides our standard liner that you get in store with no modifications.

I was not fan of the standard liner (after molding it at boot fitter) and ended up with intuition liner Pro Tongue. Also, I changed the top strap to booster strap as I am used to the feel of booster strap. I guess it all comes down to personal preference, what is most comfortable for you.

I am super fan of the boot as it is very easy to adjust the springs  with 4mm hex key and comes with 2 different sets of forward spring. If the quality is as good as previous model (northwave) then I know that it will last for looooong time. So far I have 20 days on it and no issues!!

But I do have question: If i wanted to get extra parts (metal wire straps), where do I get it? I have emailed directly to mountain slope but no answer.

Update: jennifer (@puhutes) from mountain slope helped me out!! Thank you!!

Edited by yamifumi
  • Like 1