Note to New Members ×

To Trench or Not To Trench? ...

Gabe T

Riding Light is how I describe it, using full body, but weightless, as the transition disappears between turns...maybe 4 turns before reality comes back...when I get too aggressive and deepen the trench, it just forces me off the run sooner as riding into or across deep trenches is a drag...at least for me 

9 hours ago, slopestar said:

2 (and Option 3 as Barry mentioned)I often follow Mario. Deep trenching is it! I just try to hook inside his and Ink’s radius on my saber.

much safer that way. That noob on skis with lightly set din on his right ski was killing me every time he hit one of my trenches and lost said ski. Served him right for being so over his head.  laid a few more in front of his potential trajectory on home run as he made pizza slices in his stiff legged zombie death wedge.  Much better and way more entertaining than waving my pitchfork and yelling about my lawn

mario

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

On 1/31/2018 at 10:01 PM, Corey said:

I'm thinking necklace. 

Like this?

www.google.com/search?q=a+team+mr+t+character&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=Z_u2iktZYSX6DM%253A%252C96wIZYLwhu_61M%252C_&usg=__iM7POygcyhyqmMbITUS690EgCXg%3D&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwioi_bur4bZAhUSzWMKHfbDAdgQ_h0I0gEwDA#imgrc=QyqoZUcU9SpYcM:

On 1/31/2018 at 9:58 PM, Beckmann AG said:

Try a softer board. Or borrow a weight belt from a local salvage diver and see if that changes things.

I had considered a backpack full of beer, but a weight belt might also work. I am also coming to the conclusion that softer boards help on hardpack, so I will be borrowing Mrs Tanglefoot's Kessler Alpine 156 when she is not looking. Softest board in the house, but a darn capable one.

This thread also prompted me to do some soul searching while riding the wide open slopes of Geilo this weekend - and pencil lines it is.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tanglefoot said:

I had considered a backpack full of beer, but a weight belt might also work. I am also coming to the conclusion that softer boards help on hardpack, so I will be borrowing Mrs Tanglefoot's Kessler Alpine 156 when she is not looking.

Still take the backpack full of beer next time you head up to F’lia... You know, just in case.