Note to New Members ×

Support the US Snowboard Racing Team

Jack M

If only 500 of their 894 Facebook followers chipped in $20, they'd reach their goal.  Let's do this.  Or more racers will have to go the Vic Wild route.  The Olympics should be the home of fringe sports. I see no difference between Alpine Snowboarding and Luge, Speedskating, or Biathlon.  If our snowboarders simply had two sticks on their feet instead of one, the results they've already achieved would earn them full funding from USSA, but instead they get zero.  I'm in.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

18 hours ago, michael.a said:

How ironic for Vic to leave the US for Russia to garner govt support only for Russia to be banned at the next winter games. Hope he and other Russian athletes will find a way to compete and not be collectively punished for others’ disgusting behavior.

Yeah, it's a shame, although he can probably make himself feel better by gazing upon his double golds from Sochi, and his beautiful Russian bride.  One has to wonder what kind of "regimen" the Russian team required of him.

19 hours ago, Jack Michaud said:

what kind of "regimen" the Russian team required of him.

He claims he wasnt involved but then goes on to question the doping scandal saying theres no evidence of athlete participation or that the scale of the operation couldnt have been as large because he didnt see anything. I doubt he’s that naive, so it’s obvious he has to toe the line to keep the rug from being swept out  - which is kind of obvious when he brings up the East vs. West thing and the whataboutisms that are common of Russian propaganda.

https://meduza.io/en/feature/2017/12/07/their-hearts-are-broken

Actually this is worthy of a thread on its own so no more off topic from me