Note to New Members ×

Which Intuition liners have you used in UPZ RC-10's?

jburk

1 hour ago, jburk said:

I have the Pro Tongue 26 medium volume liner in a mp26 RC-10, and find that when it comes time to put them on or take them off, if I loosen the laces as much as possible and then pull the tongue up and forward they turn into what may be the easiest boots on and off.  

Also, once the boots are open like this, I pull the boot on using the loops on the cuff and tongue, rather than stuffing my foot into the boot.  Easy as pie, and I have a really wide forefoot.

Same thing on the Luxury liners - took me a few struggles before I figured out that using the loops on the liner cuff and tongue made a *world* of difference getting them on and off! (I personally have to also sort of peel the shell overlap to the side, as well, getting them off - probably tired arms and legs at the end of the day are a contributing factor in them being harder to get off than to get on. :-)

If you struggle getting UPZs on or off, then get the 2017+ ankle straps. Then cut off the ankle lug of your existing tongues. It's SO nice to be able to just flip the tongue forward and have free access. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Found a local shop in Norway with Intuition liners, dropped in today with the shells and after some good deal of testing (even the low volumes are really tight) walked away with heat molded Luxury Low volume with extra soles. Enormous difference and I was already pretty close to tossing the whole boots.

All I can say is that I could bang my head against a wall for all the voluntary suffering during those years. For some reason I thought it was supposed to be that way. Well, the most important thing is that those days are now over. Thanks for help

• Like 2

Congrats, @Ondrej!! Life is too short for cold, uncomfortable feet, eh? :-)

What insoles did you end up using? (I ask, because I had a hard time finding insoles that didn't add too much volume - I ended up going with Superfeet Carbon insoles, which are very good, but I'm convinced there must be something even better. The Superfeet Carbons are really thin, so didn't add much volume.)

I'm envious that you have a store that you can just walk into! Everything I've had to do w/ Intuition has been via mail order. They were very helpful, but it would have been great to be able to just walk into a store and try some things out!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, jim_s said:

Congrats, @Ondrej!! Life is too short for cold, uncomfortable feet, eh? :-)

What insoles did you end up using? (I ask, because I had a hard time finding insoles that didn't add too much volume - I ended up going with Superfeet Carbon insoles, which are very good, but I'm convinced there must be something even better. The Superfeet Carbons are really thin, so didn't add much volume.)

I'm envious that you have a store that you can just walk into! Everything I've had to do w/ Intuition has been via mail order. They were very helpful, but it would have been great to be able to just walk into a store and try some things out!

Hi Jim,

Thanks :) I was preparing myself for the same process you described, with the addition of ordering overseas. But went through Intuition website to dealers, was a bit surprised to see Europe and then Norway. That dealer pointed further to few shops, and one happens to be not far from where I work. Pretty lucky there :)

I ended up getting Luxury in the low volume variant, pretty thin, yet warm and comfortable liner. Quite tight kind of under or around the bottom of the heels, where I need to use extra pair of soles to keep my heels from falling into that tight bottom. I have generally low volume feet, so the soles help a lot overall. Got the liners heated up and molded on feet, so the fit is great. It feels like whole different boots. Worth the cash for sure.

Edited by Ondrej

I really like Deeluxe 131s in my 2017 UPZ RC8s size 28.  I have a new pair of 141 Palaus which I may mold someday but I'm concerned that they won't be as comfy as the softer 131s.  The only way I could get my toes comfortable in the 131s (same would apply to the 141s) was to make a cut through the liner from side to side at the base of my toes so when my foot is in the liner and out of the shell that cut opens up about 3/4", i.e. my toes poke out the end of the liner...made all the difference in the world...there was no other way.  I was afraid my toes would get cold but they haven't yet and I have boarded in some pretty cold weather.

• Sad 1

On 3/6/2018 at 6:59 PM, Corey said:

If you struggle getting UPZs on or off, then get the 2017+ ankle straps. Then cut off the ankle lug of your existing tongues. It's SO nice to be able to just flip the tongue forward and have free access. 

Is this confirmed doable?  The only thing needed is the UPZ conversion ankle strap kit (and a knife to modify the existing tongues)?

http://upzboots.com/shop/upz-single-rivet-tongue-conversion-kit/

4 hours ago, rjnakata said:

Is this confirmed doable?  The only thing needed is the UPZ conversion ankle strap kit (and a knife to modify the existing tongues)?

http://upzboots.com/shop/upz-single-rivet-tongue-conversion-kit/

Yes, I've done it. Works great! You also need a drill to remove the rivet for the top toothed clasp from the tongue. Keeping the T-nut from spinning inside the boot was the hardest part for me.  

27 minutes ago, Ondrej said:

This is really interesting, if you only want the easier getting in and out, is it enough to buy the alternative tongue and strap kit, or do you still need to cut and drill?

You do not need to cut or drill if you by the updated tongue kit. It's just super simple and less $$ to do the cut & drill.

• 5 months later...

Intuition Power Wrap.

Developed a blistered rear shin after a few days riding standard UPZ liners in RC10s. Also not as good heel hold as I wanted. 

Been riding last 10 days in the above. No shin blister problems. 

Second, heel hold in my modded rear boot (see UPZ mods thread) is fantastic. And I generate a lot of heel lift in my rear boot. Sufficient to cause metal fatigue failure of the rear part of my Bomber TD3 Intecs. And sufficient that in checking my boots last night I discovered I had sheared off the lateral rear screw holding the Intec heel on the rear boot. But the Intuitions are holding the rear heel down!

Anyone used both Palau and Intuition liners and could compare?

From what I understand, guys in Europe seem to lean toward the Palau side and North America go with Intuition. Personally I'm using Palau in my UPZ RC10 and Driver X.

My Palau in my UPZ have over 100 days on them and perform like new. In saying that I remove them every day and fully dry them with the footbeds also removed. Anyone know how long their Intuitions have lasted?

On 3/8/2018 at 11:04 AM, jim_s said:

Congrats, @Ondrej!! Life is too short for cold, uncomfortable feet, eh? ?

FWIW, I use Sidas custom footbeds. I love them, not sure if you can get them where you are, but if you can, it is definitely worth it, in my opinion.

I got my partner a set along with Palau overlap soft liners for her softboots. I asked her how her feet feel in terms of comfort at the end of her first day snowboarding and she said, "I dunno, normal?". I chalk that up as a win.