Note to New Members ×

Sad news...Passing of Jean Nerva

nils

Just got the news of the passing of a great snowboarder and inspiration as well as a nice low key man...Jean Nerva passed away last night.

He was 57, and developped a rare form of blood cancer that almost got him blindsighted in 2011.

He joined a NGO called shades of love to provide sunglasses to mountain populations... https://shadesoflove.org/

I got into snowboarding after watching him and Regis Rolland in Canon Surf....also had the chance to meet him and he gave great advices at the creation of Swoard..

:(

N.

nice pics on this page: http://www.fluofun.fr/news/20604-salut-jeannot.html

Edited by nils
added le jouet link + shades
  • Like 3
  • Sad 3

Beeing a young teenager, I had the chance to meet him at the end of the 80's in Paris, at Hawaï Surf, a snowboard shop that, at  that time, was probably the only place in France were to get almost everything available in France about the snowboard industry ( from Wintersticks deck to TWS magazines and firsts american VHS  of snowboarding movies and so on ).

On that day, Jean was giving an autographs session because he already was like a true inspirator for people starting snowboarding in Europe.

I had my signed poster hanging on the wall in my bedroom for years and I remember him as a kindly and approachable person.

Hats off for his world titles and NGO work as Nils stated above.  He will remain an inspirational person. Thanks you Jean.  RIP

Montages 1.jpg