Note to New Members ×

NICE '17 do it anyway thread jan 30 -feb 3

b0ardski

Alright guys, the house from 2 years ago (in Sagle) is available. It is a fabulous house with a hot tub, a zillion rooms, a total of 9 beds, big kitchen, etc. They're looking for $1,317 for up to 5 guests, checking in Jan 28, checking out Feb. 1 Looks like we have 4 confirmed right now: me, Octavio, Igor, and Garrett. A little steep for 4 people, anyone else out there want to join us at the carving palace? The more people we have, the cheaper it gets per head. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, rental house is locked and loaded! We'll be in a killer house with waterfront view, a hot tub, and a pool table...looking forward to hosting everyone for apres riding!

Note there are four people confirmed for the house now - Buster + the Portland crew. There are more beds available, so LMK if you're interested. We have the house from Jan 28, checking out Feb. 1, so a total of 4 nights, and if we split 5 ways, it will be $210 per person for the stay. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

two weeks to go; the usual January thaw is here, 1st rain event of this season (unlike the last 2 years where the pineapples kept coming), the snowpack is consolidated and hopefully the cold chalk will return the 1st of feb.

can't wait to demo a thirst fx and bx, Evan's bx looks awesome nice work Mark.

IMG_0227.JPG

the swizz's several black diamond groomers will definitely test your skills if your up for it.

mr. donek called them "terrifyingly steep":eek:

Edited by b0ardski
  • Like 1

I will be getting lift pass vouchers in a few days.  Before tax (both sales and resort tax) the tickets will cost $54 adult, $36 child for full day.  You will need a voucher to get this discount, and you will need a voucher for each pass you purchase.

Please let me know how many passes you will need, and what dates you expect to visit.  You can send me a PM if you don't want your boss to know where you are.

Awesome, looks like you have arranged some nice weather for us :-) Looking forward to seeing everyone this weekend! Portland crew arrives on Saturday night, we'll be on the hill on Sunday - Tuesday. If you're in town and want to hang out on Saturday night, PM me and I'll shoot over the address of the rental, otherwise we'll see everyone on Sunday. 

Woot! I just sent you the rental house information, of course we can find a room for you! Look forward to seeing you on Sunday. As far as not having many days, I have 1 and Octavio has 0, so you'll be in good company :-)

1 hour ago, kram said:

It's kinda looking like you guys might need some powder boards.  50% chance Tues Wed Thur.  that could turn into something 

The only time I've been to your magical land was about 10 years ago on the last week of operations.  We left early the second day because it turned to glue at 55 degrees.  I'm bringing a pow board, can't wait for some local guiding.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kram said:

It's kinda looking like you guys might need some powder boards.  50% chance Tues Wed Thur.  that could turn into something 

Thanks for the heads up! We'll come prepared. :biggthump

OK I got the day off. I will start lapping the bunny hill at 8:30. At 8:50 or 9, I will do 2 or 3 laps on the  basin express. I hope to run into you guys buy them.  It's Sunday and there's a big race in the back, it's going to get crowded fast. Today was super busy. 

Edited by kram
Spelling