Note to New Members ×

NICE '17 do it anyway thread jan 30 -feb 3

b0ardski

Aww yeah, critical mass here we come. Octavio and Igor just bought tickets - we're assuming that we'll ride on Feb. 2-4. 

Garrett, happy to hear you can make it!

I'm down with procuring the NICE house - I'll make sure to get a hot tub this time around. Assuming that we stay four nights, arriving Feb. 1 and checking out Feb. 5, who's interested? I don't remember the final cost last time, but it's usually competitive with the hotels in Sandpoint and a whole lot nicer. 

• Like 1

I am working on contacting Schweitzer officials about the carving event.  The marketing director has been very responsive, just waiting for the events director to return messages I have left.

Do any of you have suggestions for things you would like to happen?  Vendors have been approved, PM me so I can get you in touch with the directors if you are an interested party.  I am planning on having Thirst snowboards available for sale and for demo for those of you who need an incredible-new thinking-engineered ride.

Stay tuned for updates, and tell anyone you can to attend NICE!  The more the better.

If some of you have not been to Schweitzer before, I'll tell you it is a great resort for carving!  It is a modern resort with high-speed detachable lifts.  Ride cruisers, winch groomed STEEP runs, and trees without fighting crowds.  On mountain lodging is available with plenty of places to eat and a new day lodge at the top, that will be celebrating it's grand opening just weeks before the event. 

On 12/6/2016 at 4:13 PM, Keenan said:

I would be willing to lead a beginner/intermediate clinic.  I've done something like that before.  I don't know what their policies on that are, so we might as well invite the ski school as well.

tried to get the s  school involved at the 1st NICE, (my wife taught there at the time); there's only one guy there that even knows difference between a SB hardshell and a ski boot, and he's a skier.

Edited by b0ardski

2 hours ago, BLOODTYPEZX10R said:

Thank you for the suggestion Keenen.  I think the sessions are a good idea.  Legally we (as in us) cannot provide instruction to riders, but we can give pointers.  Will get a schedule together so all will know what is goin on and when.

Photog and video is practically a must.  What do you guys think?

I'm down. It worked out great with the on-mountain photographer a few years ago, I'd be happy to do that again. I had heard that CAPE was going to do drone followcams at Schweitzer for like $75 for 3 runs, but apparently they changed their business model. Any drone operators at Schweitzer?

2 hours ago, Dan said:

I'm down. It worked out great with the on-mountain photographer a few years ago, I'd be happy to do that again. I had heard that CAPE was going to do drone followcams at Schweitzer for like $75 for 3 runs, but apparently they changed their business model. Any drone operators at Schweitzer?

I thought Northern Idaho was a no fly zone, or are the compounds camouflaged really well?

23 hours ago, Dan said:

I am pretty stoked to demo a Thirst board!

I'm assuming these boards have functional cup holders?

4 hours ago, BLOODTYPEZX10R said:

Wow, that sounds like a cool idea.  I've been talking to insurance agents all day and all I can think about is liability, lol.

Maybe that's why they changed their business...I was pretty excited for it though: http://freeskier.com/stories/attack-of-the-drones-several-north-american-ski-areas-partner-with-video-service-to-permit-in-resort-use-of-aerial-devices

" At $150, the package—which will be offered at Winter Park Resort, Copper Mountain, Timberline Lodge, Mount Hood Meadows, Powder Mountain, Homewood Mountain, Mountain Creek, Fernie and Schweitzer—is certainly geared toward clientele with disposable income. "

Oops, it cost twice as much as I thought. Anyway, now they do online drone sightseeing. 

I have confirmed the dates for the event with the events director.  Jan30-Feb3 2017.  I am meeting with him on Monday to discuss the event as a whole and get the resort to add it to their schedule SO THE WHOLE WORLD CAN SEE!!!!

I have spoken with a videographer about working with us, we are planning to get together and do some test shooting around X-mas time; he says he has a friend that is a photog I hope to talk to soon.

• Like 1

Hey guys, Octavio and I realized we bought concert tickets months ago for a February 1 concert (d'oh!). So...we're either going to drive out on Jan 28 and go home on Feb 1, or drive out on Feb 2 and go home on Feb 6. Which way will let us see more people? Keenan? Garrett? What are your dates? 

On 12/13/2016 at 8:19 AM, Dan said:

Hey guys, Octavio and I realized we bought concert tickets months ago for a February 1 concert (d'oh!). So...we're either going to drive out on Jan 28 and go home on Feb 1, or drive out on Feb 2 and go home on Feb 6. Which way will let us see more people? Keenan? Garrett? What are your dates? 

I'm on snow 1/31-2/4.  Alpine races and College Daze all in the same week.