Note to New Members ×

NICE '17 do it anyway thread jan 30 -feb 3

b0ardski

I could do either one, but 30-3 is maybe a little better for me. I'm realizing that with other commitments on my plate this winter, WTF is probably a pipe dream. :mad:

Edited by Dan

• 3 weeks later...

I spoke with Schweitzer mtn. resort services director yesterday (that phone call was 3 weeks in the works) about the carving event for 2017.  I will continue working on generating interest by the resort and see what I can do to make it a recognized event.  Looks like we have 3 people interested...hmmm, what can be done to increase interest? 

Hey guys, by the way, we've been saying Jan 30 - Feb 3, but I've been assuming I'll ride through Feb 4 (Saturday). Just to make sure we're all on the same page. 

Also, how about Max (Gray on Tray)? Garrett (Buster)? 

Edited by Dan
  • Like 1

I think a week sooner would be better, the season before last the backside was closed on the 4th of Feb.  I think this season will be better than that, but you never know.  I sent a message to Jim Callen (the owner of bomber) asking permission to post info about my boards, it has been over a month and no answer from him.  I'd like to go as a manufacturer,  but if I am not welcome.....WTF!?  So I'm not sure if it is even something to worry about.  I am planning a trip to Utah Feb. 18-26.

What can we/I do to increase interest,  it seems the greater turnout the better. I don't think discount for lodging is important, You say lift ticket discount can be had for same online, be aware that liftopia tickets are not a fixed price and as they sell more the price can go up (this is info I got from the marketing director at Schweitzer)   

I feel that definite dates are important and would like to solidify that so I can continue conversation with events director at Schweitzer.

Can you guys get more to chime in?

1 hour ago, BLOODTYPEZX10R said:

Keenan, have we met?

I don't know, I've been around the NW a bit, and eaten more than my share of snow.

BTW Jim has no intern, he is the only one running the show right now.  Try messaging Bryan Sutherland, he might have a secret contact line. If you get a hold of either of them let them know the post counter isn't working on the site.  

Jim

1 hour ago, Jim Callen said:

Mark-

Sorry I dropped the ball about chatting. I'll hit you up via pm.

As for dates, we are going to be announcing  a Tahoe Trenchin' Convention at Kirkwood very shortly. Dates will be the 13th-17th of March.  Don't know of that makes any difference for you guys.

Jim that is good to know, maybe I'll plan that one too. My brother-in-law lives there.  I'M GETTING STOKED FOR WINTER!!!! 

Schweitzer sent me a ticket deal: $99 for a 2-pack with no blackout dates, good anytime in the '16/'17 season. Tickets are print at home and transferable. You can only buy the tickets on Dec. 1, and you can buy multiple packs. Link here, if this doesn't work for you, PM me with your e-mail address and I'll forward the original mail.