Note to New Members ×

N.I.C.E. 2016

kram

• 8 months later...
18 hours ago, Mike T said:

Will there be a NICE 2017?   I'm trying to plan a trip and thought I might do something other than SES this year. 

I may be able to swing a NICE this year as well, especially since I'm at home with the kids right now while my wife is sampling wine in Sonoma.  Kram, what's the word?

This might be the year that I finally make it up to Fernie before or after NICE; would anyone consider a one-week road trip? Heck, I'm open to anything really, Red Mountain, Kicking Horse, etc. Would have to find out where the best carving is. 

16 hours ago, Dan said:

This might be the year that I finally make it up to Fernie before or after NICE; would anyone consider a one-week road trip? Heck, I'm open to anything really, Red Mountain, Kicking Horse, etc. Would have to find out where the best carving is. 

if your staying another week you should do a couple days at WTF

37 minutes ago, b0ardski said:

if your staying another week you should do a couple days at WTF

Hey Troy! That's a thought - depends on scheduling for each session, of course. I've ridden Whitefish a few times though, so I'm kind of interested in trying out something new. I wonder if the Fernie crew will do a session this year. 

The word on the street is that there will not be a proper NICE this year....maybe underground.  Due to our lackluster attendance the resort is not interested in providing any perks for carvers.  I have been trying since the tail of last season to receive a return call (or e-mail) from anyone at Schweitzer...so far, nothing.  I'm going to keep trying.

22 hours ago, BLOODTYPEZX10R said:

The word on the street is that there will not be a proper NICE this year....maybe underground.  Due to our lackluster attendance the resort is not interested in providing any perks for carvers.  I have been trying since the tail of last season to receive a return call (or e-mail) from anyone at Schweitzer...so far, nothing.  I'm going to keep trying.

We don't need no stinkin' resort approval!  A week in Sandpoint will still cost a third of a week in Aspen.  Plus, I can drive there in a day.  I want to be part of a group making trenches that are dangerous to others. Let's just pick a week and make it happen.  They aren't going to take my weed and turn me around at the boarder this time!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Keenan said:

We don't need no stinkin' resort approval!  A week in Sandpoint will still cost a third of a week in Aspen.  Plus, I can drive there in a day.  I want to be part of a group making trenches that are dangerous to others. Let's just pick a week and make it happen.  They aren't going to take my weed and turn me around at the boarder this time!

I'm with Keenan! Let's pick a week and make it happen - the week before or after WTF could be good to make it possible to hit both for people who are especially motivated. 

Even with no discount from the mountain, tickets on Liftopia are $45-$55/day, and no early loads just means that we can sleep in, right? :biggthump

Edited by Dan

Sure, I'm with you guys...the more the better.  We always have a great time.  Snow should be good by late December.  Let's keep in touch and watch what happens with the resort opening.  We have had a record October for rain, just no snow yet.  I will have my Thirst snowboard demo fleet ready!  New BX 173 will be in the press tonight, 7 warp superconductor is next.  FX, SF and more.

L-R 8r warp proto, 8r warp, 8r.jpg

5 hours ago, BLOODTYPEZX10R said:

Sure, I'm with you guys...the more the better.  We always have a great time.  Snow should be good by late December.  Let's keep in touch and watch what happens with the resort opening.  We have had a record October for rain, just no snow yet.  I will have my Thirst snowboard demo fleet ready!  New BX 173 will be in the press tonight, 7 warp superconductor is next.  FX, SF and more.

L-R 8r warp proto, 8r warp, 8r.jpg

Thirst demo fleet!! That is all you had to say :-) I've been wanting to get a ride on one of those for a long time!