Note to New Members ×

N.I.C.E. 2016

kram

OK, I'm sorry if this screws up anyone's plans re: the rental house, but Octavio and I took some hard looks at our work schedules, and it is much better for us to come out for the MLK weekend. So, we're now planning on arriving January 16 (Saturday) and leaving January 20 (Wednesday). 

Folks that were interested in some rental house action, please let me know if you're still interested in these new dates. 

And happy holidays to all!

Screwed!  Not really.  To be clear, you're renting the house  Saturday to Tuesday night checking out Wednesday?

Yep, that's right. When are you going to be in town again? 

Edited by Dan

OK, I'm sorry if this screws up anyone's plans re: the rental house, but Octavio and I took some hard looks at our work schedules, and it is much better for us to come out for the MLK weekend. So, we're now planning on arriving January 16 (Saturday) and leaving January 20 (Wednesday). 

OK Dan. Unfortunately I am not arriving until 1/20 Wednesday evening, so count me OUT.

Is anyone else have space available for myself 1/20-1/24 Wednesday-Sunday and my 20 year old son 1/22-23 Friday-Saturday?

Otherwise I will book a cheap motel in town, and bum ride or bus it up the hill.

Sultan Guy, I'm sorry to hear it. Sorry for pulling the rug out from under you on short notice. 

So, looks like we have four folks in the house:

1) Buster

2) Kram

3) Octavio (don't remember his handle here)

4) Dan

And maybe Troy for a night or two. If there's anyone else interested, let me know - going to pull the trigger in the next day or two. 

Max! So nice to hear from you! I am kicking myself now -- I could have gotten a larger place for only a bit more money, but decided to save money, so the house is full up. :( (And I will be on an air mattress...)

I have owed you an e-mail since last year - please forgive me. Anyway, it will be great to catch up in person. Are you not doing a trip with Doctors without Borders this year? 

• Like 1

The $49 event tickets are good from the 19th to the 24th. If you are coming to carve I would suggest coming on the weekdays when 600 to 800 people are sharing 2900 acres. On a normal weekend depending on weather there’s about 1800 to 2400. On MLK weekend 4000 to 4500 maybe 5000 on Saturday. not a lot of room for carving. But if you like fireworks, live music , torchlight parade, night skiing and guided snowshoe hikes.  http://www.schweitzer.com/events-activities/mlk-weekend-2016/ I hear it’s a blast

Our event could not have been another Stellar session without much thanks to Mark Shearer for organizing the NICE .. we do want to thank him and acknowledge all his timeless efforts :cool: ​ We of course did not have the cooperation from Mother Nature as last season but what we will did share was our passion for this sport. Thanks to our out of town visitors from Oregon , Hawaii, Wash,  and Colorado , and the locals all making the best of the conditions.. We will remember the epic Pow Day Wed that is if your were on softies as Mark suggested,  then the next two days of a warming trend which we created our own Hazzard to say the least and finally the last day with some classic rides off midway to give a stellar performance for the chairlift spectators with bluebird conditions  ( Andy, Russ ,and Bradly ) ... Thanks again for riding with us here at Schweitzer , enjoy the rest of the season ... Aloha

• Like 1