Note to New Members ×

Restoring a metal afterburner

SEJ

Got this from my buddy Thor. TONs of life left in it, but cosmetically, rode hard and put away wet. Actually most the topsheet damage was done by the plastic isolation plates he installed when he mounted it up. (Common back in 08 for metal topsheets)post-809-0-72275200-1425754199_thumb.jpg

Unfortunately, the graphics are airbrushed on. I was able to get close with the nose graphics through an online vinyl letter place. It was a pain getting the arch right. We'll see how it fits. Dan has one with different graphics, says afterburner on the tail. I'll probably add that as well. Maybe some flames, give it a little color.

I'd LOVE to get my hands on the older graphics the glass ones had. The girl riding one between her legs. THAT would be cool.

Why are there no more pictures after polishing is completed? We NEED to see this! ;)

I have a Volant stainless SL board that will be getting the same treatment over the summer. I'm hoping it turns out as well as yours did! Mine will truly be wall art though.