Note to New Members ×

TD3 on a Boiler Plate too high??

2012Alpine1

Road the plate last weekend with TD2 on it,  just put TD3 on it looks kind of ridiculously  high I know they make new recievers for the plate but ...any thoughts on it being too high??

I use the "BP" cant plates, they are minimal height and I prefer that.  

There is also a difference between the TD3 models, TD3 SW is higher than regular TD3 model.  You have not specified which you are using. 

TD2 to TD3 regular are similar.  The Sidewinder does add some height for it's mechanical needs.  Fin and Bomber has done a great job of keeping it at a minimum yet very strong.  BOMBER!!!

TD3 uppers with TD2 e-ring, center disk and screws is 4 mm lower than all TD3. It's also lower than all TD2 as the TD3 sole blocks have lower stack height than TD2. The ultimate is TD3 uppers + BP lowers.

Elton runs TD3 lowers with a double TD2 suspension kit and TD2 uppers.

Ha

I run the f2 titanflex on an apex plate, the rear has two 4mm spacers, the front has one 4mm spacer, and the whole binding sits on a 1/2" raised platform for "flexion" think sidewinder sideways movement.

To high is relative, no boot out, lots of leverage.

So the f2 has adjustability, you can stack the spacers to get more degrees of lift, putting two 4mm spacers gives 8 mm of lift, yes the f2 can be taller then the bomber bindings.

What's with all the height hate? ;)