Note to New Members ×

Oxess and Apex Gecko Plates, seriuos bling bling!

Shred Gruumer

Oxess and Apex Sport Gecko Plates.
Some serious bling bling! It's been years since something has come out and hits the "Gotta Have".== this is it!.. Will be posting a review after a weekend worth of testing..Will be putting it on just about all my boards to give ya an idea of how it rides on different types of boards...from my hybrid BX to the wobbly goblin!... Enjoy... Comes with a fine Canadian Belgium beer too...
Shred

a2ezpd.jpg

avli03.jpg

6zosx2.jpg

• Like 2

Yebber..i did thought so...until these lowrider bro.. only two boards i feel worthy ...the wobbly goblin (hopefully part deux coming my way) and the oxess build set up .. both ride incredible. .but the wobbly is wicked no way to deacribe it...only BV knows.. ya wankers

Edited by Shred Gruumer

Yeeeea..why z ye all hatin..you a bunch a evil gecko racist heathens? .. dang..ye all..

dey is much gooder than ye all think ..give er a try. ..

Right said Fred..

No hate! Light ribbing due to envy, demoed a few Oxess boards and was blown away. My favorite was the XR with titanal. BTW what is the minimum waist width needed for the Geckos? Would 17cm work?

Craven, I read an asymmetric setup works quite well with these plates.

Wow.. much better than anticipated... I've ridden plates but this set up definitely got rid of the locked In the narrow death trail feel.. I like the independent suspension I pedal some so it's still there..a little sidewinder ish..I run stardard TD3..height was the first thing that I got over quick..improved the flex of the board and edge hold improved.. I'm sold on the feel and no moving parts..you do need to check hardware after a run or to for snuggness.. I'll remeasure how narrow it can go..overall it's a nice feel one I'll keep on the carbon boards..very F1 looking..

4sl7js.jpg

Edited by Shred Gruumer

I rather would say that combo is seriuos dull-dull than bling-bling!

A snowboard with dull carbon surface and a plate on dull surface too.

That's the combo maybe I'm seeking for.

So please tell me Shred Gruumer is this combo animal friendly?

Why I'm asking.

There over in continental Europe we have sometimes animals beside our rides. You know the wild ones in forest and beside boulder, on lower areas we have bunnys, chicken and goats.

Now I'm riding a board on a bright color. Every time I come closer to the animals they flee away.

Even this goat right a couple of feet beside one nice carving slope fled back to the shed, as I came closer with my carvingboard.

Goat_next_to_slope.JPG

I'm seeking now for a combo which is less bright for to avoid giving animals to much stress.

So I thought because of that dull APEX Gecko-plate which takes an animal as background and that dull Oxess, it can be a trial.

Maybe a white but dull APEX Gecko plate on a white Oxess board will help too.

Well for sure I was lazy this weekend, there was another rider on a Oxess board, right on that slope from picture above!

But I wasn't able to follow him. Even it was hard to take a sharp photo, he was that fast on his Oxess snowboard.

Oxess_rider.JPG

So what's Your experience with Your new combo. Can it be a choice for to be animal friendly?

Edited by snowmatic