Note to New Members ×

Northwave hardboots $4000

snowmatic

32 bids have force up price of Northwave hardboots! .950, Mondo 27.5 / Eu 42.5 to US = $4,026.74

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231381167042

There is one other NW auction: Point .950, Mondo 28,0 / Eu 43, ends 11.26.

Seller wrote he can trade on demand one more pair of Northwave Point 900 in grau-blau bei mir zuhause / Mondopoint 290, entspricht Gr. 44

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Northwave-Point-950-Mondo-28-0-Eu-43-Hardboot-Raceboot-Alpinboot/331383035443

Sorry everyone. I just had to have them.

But seriously - wasn't there a thread a while back about someone trying to revive production of these boots?

I don't remember seeing on here but at Facebook.

Excellence Snowboard

There was a post to measure interest on the Norhwave .950 so that Patrik Gaudet(?) to raise funds to start the production. Although I also showed my interest, I'm quiet happy with my modified UPZ boots. For 1K as a recreational rider, I would rather spend it for family snow-time at Bretton Wood. :)

I don't remember seeing on here but at Facebook.

Excellence Snowboard

There was a post to measure interest on the Norhwave .950 so that Patrik Gaudet(?) to raise funds to start the production. Although I also showed my interest, I'm quiet happy with my modified UPZ boots. For 1K as a recreational rider, I would rather spend it for family snow-time at Bretton Wood. :)

It was here:

http://www.bomberonline.com/VBulletin/showthread.php?40637-Northwave-Point-950-yellow-the-holy-grail-of-snowboardboots-!/page2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This season seems to be the one of the most sold 2.-hand Nortwave Point .950 boots ever!

Next auction:

Snowboard Hardboots Northwave .950 Size 270 (C-shell ?)

ends January 7. 22:15 UTC

edit: sold for $1350

and one more:

Northwave Point 950 Snowboard Hardboot E-shell

ends January 7. 13:26 UTC

Because of forum crash, some postings are missing. I re-post the ones I wrote:

2.)

The second Northwave hardboots trade cheaper than $4000 !

Auction is closed now. Due to the single color of Point .950 the highest bid ends at only $1950 !

as announced Nortwave's Point .900, the grey ones starts at €1

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Northwave-Point-900-Mondo-29-0-Hardboot-Raceboot-Alpinboot-ahnl-Point-950-/331394140088

3.)

and missing rear-spoiler!

The first two pair b***c buys. Will we see who buy the third one.

please note:

- second sellers name was: virusmark

- third seller was: virusdanger

4.)

D-Shell Northwave Point 950

There is one next pair of Northwave Point 950 on ebay: MP 29 - D-Shell

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Northwave-Point-950-Snowboard-Hardboot-Mondo-29-D-Shell/231402031360

is now at €600

Please remark: it's a short term auction

Edited by snowmatic

• 1 month later...

These boots are simply the best, because their shell is made out of really good plastic and their geometry is really good. It is basically the only boot that does not bend and twist in the ankle area too much...pretty much all the other boots have this problem especially if u are riding really hard. There are also lots of different small details...lateral stiffness, rubber soles, placement of the ankle hinge...making them superior to other boots, especially if u fit them with a liner that fits you well....That is why most of the best World cup racers ride them.

Lost in the forum upgrade, but here's a working link to the thread where all the chatter about a reboot (no pun intended) was sparked:

http://forums.bomberonline.com/index.php?/topic/38292-northwave-point-950-yellow-the-holy-grail-of-snowboardboots/

post-1074-0-02913300-1424126501_thumb.jp

The man in the picture, as I understand, is Patrik Gaudet from Excellence Snowboard, who I believe is also a coach for the Quebec race team. The Facebook post has been taken down, perhaps funding never materialized and the project was shelved. This only went up about a year ago, so there may still be hope that he and his team are secretly working away at recreating molds from the old boots he appears to be hoarding in the picture.

This only went up about a year ago, so there may still be hope that he and his team are secretly working away at recreating molds from the old boots he appears to be hoarding in the picture.

I don't know, at these rates, that looks like his retirement fund to me :-)

madrugar:These boots are simply the best, because their shell is made out of really good plastic and their geometry is really good. It is basically the only boot that does not bend and twist in the ankle area too much...pretty much all the other boots have this problem especially if u are riding really hard. There are also lots of different small details...lateral stiffness, rubber soles, placement of the ankle hinge...making them superior to other boots, especially if u fit them with a liner that fits you well....That is why most of the best World cup racers ride them.

- does not bend and twist in the ankle area? -> just a hoax!

- simply the best -> thats why NW produced them only in Summer 1997 and 1998

- really good plastic -> don't stample/climb to the sharp rocks on mountains with these Nylon boots, stay on slope ever with them!

Well, for them who do things like Extremecarving and the other ones, who want climb to the WC Podium instead the rocks, here is a Nortwave .900 grey color boot for sale:

Snowboard Hardboots Northwave Point.900 / size 26

Size MP26

Price is now at $55 - ends February 27. UTC 9 p.m.

Lighter racers on Worldcup ride them for winning races too.

Northwave .900 was sold for $1480 to a German buyer. Most expensive .900 hardboots ever!

Edited by snowmatic

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

I didn't track all the .950-ies Northwave-sales this autumn, but I felt to this christmas auction:

https://www.fr.ricardo.ch/acheter/sport/snowboard/vetements-de-snowboard/autres/snowboard-schuhe-pointe-950/v/an801266492/

It starts at €10.- and stands now at €20.-

Size is (French sizing) 45, I think it's an E-shell. The boots seems to be like new.

End of auction is December 30, 21:35 UTC