Note to New Members ×

Bomber Boiler Plate 4mm Lite

I just received my new Bomber Boiler Plate 4mm lite. I'm sharing my first time experience.

The quality and workmanship look great! I did have to sand and polish the front axle slider top aluminium (silver) cover because it was causing the black plastic slider piece to bind slightly. One side was smooth, this other side was very sticky. It didn't take much. It looks as if the two counter-sunk drill holes might be slightly off, by a hair? The plate probably would have been fine, but it bothered me, so I fixed it.

I've never used a plate system before. I watched the how to video from Bomber and just went by the book for the set-up: Used wonderbar; Center the axle over the 'center' of the board (which had a 25mm setback); Mount the bindings to the plate as usual. I was using TD2's, which fit on the plate quite well, clear of those rounded bolts on the top. I do have a relatively 'old school' narrow stance @ 18" (I'm 5'10")

I LOVE how quickly it is to transfer the plate from board to board while keeping all the details exactly the same. Even without a 2nd board set-up, it's still cake to just transfer the whole plate. Easier than moving the TD2 bindings from board to board without a plate. A 2nd board set-up would be money if you got money and not time...

I don't know why... but my first few turns were nervous and didn't feel good. But, nervous turns never feel good... So, I got over it and drove the board in as I should... no problems.

The plate might have made the board a little stiffer on slow turns like the ones right off the lift, but didn't seem to affect the turning radius at all in normal to hard turns.

The snow was spring conditions... groomers had their moments, but lots of uneven corn, hard pack, and some sort of semi-frozen yogurt. I could tell immediately that the plate was really smoothing out the ride. Pretty impressive, I thought to myslef...

What really caught my attention was going hard on heel-side through the semi-frozen yogurt. The board hits that stuff and wants to fold into a half-circle. Normally this would have sent me over the handlebars or just a silly washout, but I swear the plate helped mellow out the boards response and allowed me to just push through it, finishing the turn.

I swear the plate really made a difference, at the minimum allowed me to remain confident, which is 98% of the technique battle most times.

I was always a little scared that a plate system would just make the board stiffer, but I was wrong. The Boiler Plate really does it's job of smoothing out the carve. I'm now a believer!

thanks Bomber crew!

I love the Boiler Plate. It helps smooth out the flex of the board. The price would be the only reason I see that others don't use it. However, looking at the quality, the price is justified. Just had to promise the wife to clean the bathrooms for 6 months... A pain that was worth it.

Today was my first day on the new board, Kessler 168. I'll write a review in a separate thread, let me just say..... WOW... Where have you been all my life!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 8 months later...

Question:

On the Bomber Boiler Plate 4mm Lite there are 4 mounting holes for the side bosses at each end. How far apart are the outermost holes from each other?

Can't find the info on the Bomber site. All the Tech material relates to the Mk 1 version, including the Mk 1 version of the Wunderbar.

I recently mounted a Boiler plate "Lite" on one of my long boards, I really like the feel and it works great!  It is now my favorite version.  Keeping in mind I was concerned it might be too soft for me at 250lbs.  Not sure it is recommended but it worked well!   

I was riding a 202cm Tinkler Full System board.   

• 11 months later...