Note to New Members ×

Tracks

softbootsurfer

May 9, 2022, Iceland. Burton Hometown hero. Atomic Backlands with Phoenix springs. Zero rodeo arm, just so you know.
spacer.png

My line I think is the one on the left side of the image; the others are all snow wasted by skiers. I am the only boarder here, amongst 16 people. Hmm.

spacer.png

Here's another which skiers are making their little turns on, but soon the Mighty Hero will fly down skier's right, where it's steep enough to slough.

A different operator I was with a couple of days back did have snowboarders, and one of them was looking enviously at my rig and asking detailed questions. I'm not remotely evangelical - I've been on the other end of that for decades in snowboarding, after all - but I'd be surprised if she didn't switch, specifically for split boarding and heli boarding Icelandic fresh snow. Hmm. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

From a few weeks back here in Aus, hiking a closed resort. 

Not on alpine kit as I've not got it yet.

Don't mind the totally duffed turn 😅 I had more speed than I was able to confidently throw into a heelside carve without scrubbing a little speed first... only about 6 days total on snow (with 4 about 10 years ago) 

20220827_125711.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Neil Gendzwill said:

How is that Delirium? Looks like you were under Angel chair. 

I don't know the runs that well and really dislike Sunshine so I never bothered to learn them. I was mistaken about the chair name though this is under Great Divide Chair. The one that takes you to Delirium.

Edited by StrangeFuture808