Note to New Members ×

Tracks

softbootsurfer

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, softbootsurfer said:

What,  a lone ski Track  😂  😋

1ski.jpg.fc1daf66c87ac53d350c3df6ce938883.jpg

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em!!

Seeing more skiers emulating, and following us around the luv.  Way more betterer than straight lining 

Mario

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Last week was a wrap, I think, for my season unless I go to Brighton this week or travel to A-Basin.  After seeing great photography and symmetrical arcs, this photo is difficult to look at, due to the discolored snow/dirt mixture and the side slip track down the center but I couldn’t resist.  I’ve never watched somebody do the whole run that way.  The Ryan Knapton parody came to mind as I watched the guy do it. Full disclosure-  I have a knack for falling while standing still on downhill, Classic or Skate skis or hopping on a snowboard, so I’m just as liable to be seen doing something goofy too.  I did see a great hardboot carver out but his tracks would get obscured from the ski traffic.

And yes, the GSA (ground squirrel army) was out in full force, scampering across the trails, sunning at the base of the towers, etc.

Hope everyone’s summer is great.

IMG_4767.jpeg

Edited by CB Utah

• 3 weeks later...

I had to come to Iceland in June to find some brown snow to do this, but here you go.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

And yeah, the local guides are all into Backlands with Phantom springs too, it's weird to have people look at my gear and say nice things about it, and how "it's the way to go". It feels like when I was in my old clip ski boots riding rings around the rear entry people... eventually they worked that one out.

Edited by philw
inline images
  • Like 4

• 2 months later...

GoPro frame grab from my August trip to the South Island, NZ. @ Roundhill Ski Area. Camera - Peter Clark
I've filled up my image quota so you'll have to click the Imgur link.
Our season coming to an end as spring's warmer weather arrives just as the very first snows are starting to land in North American resorts.

https://imgur.com/a/jPllNOU

Full video: (previously posted in RideBoard - Southern Hemisphere report on Roundhill)

Edited by SunSurfer
  • Like 5

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Since I have no mean to make a video of myself boarding, I'm only left with these. Location is Ponte di Legno - Tonale resort, Italy, on the Casola slope.

Heat, in the middle of the winter, in a location that goes up to the glacier at 3000m, was absurd. We're probably not going to ski in 10 years from now in Italy.

Edit; oh btw if you follow alpine skiing, just behind the trees on the left there's the run where very recently Sofia Goggia broke tiba and fibula.

2024-02-15 11.26.58.jpg

Edited by Spino
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...