Note to New Members ×

Early season riding roll call

Bobby Buggs

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a pass for Stratton this year! Not sure if I will be there for opening day, but if they are going to be open mid-week I may come up for Monday in hopes of empty slopes. Can't wait to SHRED!

Just read that Jay Peak got 3ft last week, 2ft at Stowe! Hope the trend continues and we have a snowy winter.

Have tomorrow off. Was considering Okemo, but worried about the re-freeze too.

at this point crushed ice and a chair lift looks good to me.

Alex, whats the opening plan for Stratton?? Can you keep me posted cause I would like to get a couple turns in before Vail.

Oh yeah I forgot, I was getting low in the 80s ;)

Edited by Bobby Buggs

Local North Shore hills (Grouse and Cypress) until Xmas- then Mt. Baker during the Xmas holidays.

I avoid Whistler/Blackcomb on principle until the New Year- too crowded and expensive.

I'll be starting the New Year right- a 2 week road trip for work with my snowboards in tow in the truck- Revelstoke, Kicking Horse, Panorama, Red Mountain and Sun Peaks!

Mt Hood areas have about a 18" to 20" inche base at the lodges. Need 24 " to have a good opening with limited terrain. Could happen with one more storm. Earliest I remember is a Halloween opening, it is not unusual to be open by now, definitely want to be open by Thanksgiving for the money the ski areas need to do well. Watching, ready but after many years of going through this I try to temper my expectations. These days I am just happy to ride at all.

Glad you guys in CO are getting after it. It is still hard to hear Don talking about the 6" of new and whining about only riding 3 hours before bailing !! Shut the "x&e#" up DUDE! :) Enjoy my friends!!

Mt Hood areas have about a 18" to 20" inche base at the lodges. Need 24 " to have a good opening with limited terrain. Could happen with one more storm. Earliest I remember is a Halloween opening, it is not unusual to be open by now, definitely want to be open by Thanksgiving for the money the ski areas need to do well. Watching, ready but after many years of going through this I try to temper my expectations. These days I am just happy to ride at all.

Glad you guys in CO are getting after it. It is still hard to hear Don talking about the 6" of new and whining about only riding 3 hours before bailing !! Shut the "x&e#" up DUDE! :) Enjoy my friends!!

I'm only 3 days in and feeling very jealous for those in CO and elsewhere whose seasons are already in full swing. I've been to Bretton Woods in Loon and will likely be back to NH or possibly Stratton this weekend.

I love this time of year. It's like being in a new relationship when you can't get enough of the other person. Everything is new and fun. I even had fun last weekend in the rain at Loon. Doesn't matter as long as I'm carving.

River on Sunday for Tin Mountain Roundup...say what you want about SR, but they do blow a ton of snow and not having a rock/early season alpine board, I'm not fond of scrapingoff valuable surface. They should have a nice collection of runs by Sunday. The cold blast is coming. Rumored Nor'easter over Thanksgiving?

I'm only 3 days in and feeling very jealous for those in CO and elsewhere whose seasons are already in full swing. I've been to Bretton Woods in Loon and will likely be back to NH or possibly Stratton this weekend.

I love this time of year. It's like being in a new relationship when you can't get enough of the other person. Everything is new and fun. I even had fun last weekend in the rain at Loon. Doesn't matter as long as I'm carving.

Mike, I could be persuaded to go to Stratton, if you go this weekend hit me up.