Note to New Members ×

Air Time in CT

dingbat

Woo-Hoo! I'm all famous and stuff!

Apparently they pulled some video of me from last season to fill in a spot on a morning show in Hartford, CT.

They don't really mention alpine but at least let folks get a good look at it in a fairly populated urban area.:biggthump

http://foxct.com/2013/11/13/check-out-the-slopes-at-berkshire-east/

Woo-Hoo! I'm all famous and stuff!

Apparently they pulled some video of me from last season to fill in a spot on a morning show in Hartford, CT.

They don't really mention alpine but at least let folks get a good look at it in a fairly populated urban area.:biggthump

http://foxct.com/2013/11/13/check-out-the-slopes-at-berkshire-east/

Ya man! Nice follow shot too. That's crazy re: wind turbine, that's a good size at 900kW...any complaints from locals (noise, sickness etc)?

Edited by Hilux

Ya man! Nice follow shot too. That's crazy re: wind turbine, that's a good size at 900kW...any complaints from locals (noise, sickness etc)?

It's funny, most of the time I never notice the turbine is even there. (It's either not turning because of wind, the top of the mountain is in a cloud, or I'm on the other side of the hill.)

Someone always complains. Most people who complain about ours don't live anywhere near it and can't even see it from where they are. Noise and flicker are pretty minimal. You can only hear it when you're up top the hill and it's really whipping, just a bit of a low, whooshing noise. We let the Audubon Society do a study on our turbine and they found zero impact on birds. Keep in mind, we have a single turbine, not a line or field of them. When it comes to these sort of concerns, every installation has to be looked on as a unique endeavor. I believe ours is very well done.

• 1 month later...