Note to New Members ×

Bruce V. did it again!

bobdea

I got my new Coiler the other day its a interesting little creature a blend of the all mountain and the SL models

so last night I took it out at wachusset and put that thing through the the wringer

the first thing I noticed about this board is how natural it felt anywhere I put my weight in the turn this is a nice feeling that is really uncommon usually you gotta find the sweet spot

not on this board

overall this board is very easy to ride but has the ability to rip turn as well as any pure bred SL deck I have been on

every new board I ride I have a few things that I like to do to get a feel for it one being to really lay into the nose in a turn to see how it feels and if there is a chance of folding it

not folding this board, kinda like a my madd in that catagory it just makes makes a turn that is way smaller than what you thought possible

next up was to see how it is at speed here it did well too but its short with a tight sidecut so it got a little touchy but still very turnable

the all mountain nose and tail really helped out in the slush and for riding switch

I can't wait to get this thing on better snow!

if you have not ridden a coiler yet I suggest you order one now!

Originally posted by bobdea

if you have not ridden a coiler yet I suggest you order one now!

I'm waiting! Was supposed to have it by now but all the proto work he's been doing with his racers has delayed things for this plebe.

I soothed the equipment jones by buying a new jacket today - Salomon Pocket Rocket down-filled, very techy, very warm. Which is good - it was -34C this morning here. It's warmed up to a balmy -30 now.

Originally posted by bobdea

the first thing I noticed about this board is how natural it felt anywhere I put my weight in the turn this is a nice feeling that is really uncommon usually you gotta find the sweet spot

not on this board

overall this board is very easy to ride but has the ability to rip....

Almost exactly what I thought when I got my AM and RaceCarve from Bruce. I haven't ridden a lot of alpine boards, but the first big impression I got was "Wow, all that jittery, 'board noise' is gone! I could just think about where I wanted to go next and do it --no distractions from board feedback. Just fast and precise. I was so excited I emailed him that night to rave about this "quiet ride". Interestingly, his reply was that Jasey Anderson had said the same thing about the boards when he started riding them.

Originally posted by Randy S.

Nice review. Thanks. Only thing I keep thinking is how in heck do you test speed at Wachuset?

I mean GS speed not ohh darn I need a 210 with 20 meter sidecut sort of speed

pretty much as fast as I could open it up at wa wa without killing some poor shmuck or myself

I really don't remember other than the width being 20.5(thats the width I prefer for all my boards)

on the sidewall it says amc 173

sidecut feels nine or tenish

I will post a pic at somepoint though my camera is not all that healthy