Note to New Members ×

Scott Maynard in the hospital

patmoore

Many of you know Scott Maynard (smaynard here on Bomber). At Stratton last year Jasey Jay's margin over Scott was less than a second. At Okemo's NASTAR course I do the pacesetting on skis and Scott frequently can beat my times on his board. He is a phenomenal racer.

Last Sunday he was running gates at Sugarbush and got launched though the netting into the trees. Injuries were extensive: broken ribs, scapula, concussion, etc. He is undergoing tests to rule out other issues but he's definitely out of commission for a while. He's in the hospital at the University of Vermont. Scott is a genuinely nice guy, a very good friend, a great asset to our sport and my fervent hope is that he bounces back as soon as possible. Please send positive vibes to Scott.

Get well soon Scott. It was great to race with you at last year's NASTAR nationals. Thanks for the clinic also.

Paul

Terrible news!!!

Get well soon Scott! You'll be missed... more than you know.

I'll admit it... I'm a Scott stalker hoping to race him some day. Ok fine... hoping to take a clinic from him.

I just looked up Scott's NASTAR run's this year and he was killing it for the first two runs. Last year he was ranked #1 nationally in NASTAR on a snowboard.

[TABLE=width: 100%]

<tbody style="padding: 0px; margin: 0px; border-top-style: none; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline;">[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2][TABLE=width: 100%]

<tbody style="padding: 0px; margin: 0px; border-top-style: none; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline;">[TR]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][TABLE=width: 100%]

<tbody style="padding: 0px; margin: 0px; border-top-style: none; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline;"></tbody>[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2][TABLE=width: 100%]

[TH=align: left]Resort[/TH]

[TH=align: left]Date[/TH]

[TH=align: left]Description[/TH]

[TH=align: center]Course[/TH]

[TH=align: right] Time[/TH]

[TH=align: right] Handicap[/TH]

[TH] [/TH]

[TH=align: center] Medal [/TH]

[TH] [/TH]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Sugarbush Resort[/TD]

[TD]Jan. 19, 2013 [/TD]

[TD]Daily Nastar[/TD]

[TD]Yellow[/TD]

[TD=align: right]32.07[/TD]

[TD=align: right]28.28 [/TD]

[TD=align: right] S* [/TD]

[TD=align: center]Gold[/TD]

[TD] [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] [/TD]

[TD] [/TD]

[TD] [/TD]

[TD]Yellow[/TD]

[TD=align: right]29.62[/TD]

[TD=align: right]18.48 [/TD]

[TD=align: right] S* [/TD]

[TD=align: center]Platinum[/TD]

[TD] [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] [/TD]

[TD] [/TD]

[TD] [/TD]

[TD]Yellow[/TD]

[TD=align: right]DNF[/TD]

[TD=align: right]0.00 [/TD]

[TD=align: right] S*

[/TD]

[/TR]

</tbody>[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

</tbody>[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

</tbody>[/TABLE]

At Okemo's NASTAR course I do the pacesetting on skis and Scott frequently can beat my times on his board. He is a phenomenal racer.

ok, Scott, I don't know you, but quick healing vibes...

and I think it's important to quote your line from your signature!

"Ride Fast, Take Chances, Whiners go to Day Care!"

take chances..... sometimes you do what you have to do! try not to spend too much time in Day Care, ok?????

:eek:

We have never met but here's a few things i remember, be a wuss for a while and take others advice (non medical). Try not to sneeze for a while. Don't take the sling off first time you get in the bathtub,There is flawed thinking involved when trying to get yourself out of the bathtub without the use of your arms. Good luck and drink your milk.

• 11 months later...

Hello all, I'm back....

Well after 4 mo. in a back brace (damage count: concussion, 2 fractured vertebrae, 8 broken ribs and a broken scapula), 3 mo. in physical therapy and a long summer of slow methodical recuperation I tentatively made my way back on the hill this season. 3 days and counting. So far so good. Back and ribs feel strong. Still some aches and pains and a whole lot of creaking and popping I've never had before but I'm thankful to be out there. Life is short, enjoy it.

Arden and Pat talked me into racing the Nastar eastern open, so we will see how that goes. I think I remember, right, left, right, left, etc. More the question is wether or not I will ever be able to let it go like before?

I appreciate all the positive thoughts and well wishes. It meant a great deal to me to read through these posts while I was laid up.

Hope to see you all on the slopes soon.

Thanks,

Scott

• 2 months later...