Note to New Members ×

Goode snowboards

xacta168

Goode snowboard,

Anyone have any experience with the Goode brand of snowboards, they are made of carbon composite

I would think this wwould be an excellent material to use.

Any fefeedback would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Greg

Hi Greg, I believe they only made alpine boards for a year or two. That was years ago.

They were pretty successful in the early days of carbon poles. I remember seeing a few in person and they looked pretty strong , very simplistic graphics and their longest board was too short for my tastes.

Find one cheap grab it and ride it. I have seen very few mentioned here over the years.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Info gleamed from the eBay auction

Discover GOODE Snowboards

◦Superior Construction & Performance

The Exile board has a low swing weight allowing it to turn incredibly easy. The extreme torsion rigidity holds an edge better than traditional construction and changes edges faster for quicker turns. The moderate longitudinal flex and balanced flex pattern help all levels of riders make rounded turns with less effort.

GOODE Ski Technologies uses its proprietary carbon fiber/composite construction in its latest development - the GOODE Exile snowboard. From the American-made wood core to the hardened steel edges, the Exile board uses the best in design and materials. Handmade in the USA, GOODE boards turn easier, go faster and carve better.

For the Alpine crossover snowboarder or the experienced rider looking for the ultimate carving board, GOODE Exile boards perform. The boards handle different riding styles and snow conditions with ease - all-mountain, hard carving, powder or moguls - so the Exile is the only board you'll need.

The GOODE snowboard is built with a symmetrical sidecut for predictable performance in variable snow conditions, even moguls. The sidecut combines with the balanced flex pattern to allow easy turn initiation with a smooth finish. The ISO Speed graphite base glides smoother and faster and provides a durable, low maintenance running surface.

Target Rider

Experienced rider looking for the ultimate board. Crossover Alpine skier seeking exceptional carving ability and easy turn initiation. All abilities from novice rider to advanced all-mountain riders.

BIN price is reasonable, shipping hurts the deal.

Edited by www.oldsnowboards.com

• 1 month later...

the goode won't be wasted on this guy - he gets out on the hill year several days every year. about 60 yrs old, 5'6" +/- and maybe 150 lbs. i think the fit will be perfect and the length is in keeping with what he's accustomed to. he rides forward angles already anyway and pretty much squares his shoulders to the nose of the board. i think he'll transition easily, given his style.

he needs boots and bindings next. his foot is US 8.5 and i told him that at his weight, his binding options were more extensive than mine (plastics). he

ll want some play in the set up that's more than just boots in walk mode. we'll see how it goes. 8 months to work on it.

• 10 years later...

Long shots:

Replay Sports Aspen (970) 925-2483  replaysports2003@yahoo.com

Play it again sports near Ogden - 2 locations

Sugarhouse 2120 South 700 East, #D Salt Lake City, Utah 84106 (801) 466-4499 Cottonwood Heights 6910 S. Highland Drive, #3 Cottonwood Heights, Utah 84121 (801) 438-3265

I realize that my board is ancient, but I would still like to have one for posterity's sake.  And when I say "my board", I mean just that.  I researched, designed, tested and retested as well as oversaw the prototype manufacturing of this board.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...