Note to New Members ×

I Only See Red, Am I Infected?

Jesal

Hopefully this is not the case with TD3. As there are no hard contacts

Only the soft E-Rings and screws are touching the board.

My personal opinion is that you won't have an issue. That being said I've never ridden a Virus or a Kessler or mounted a TD3 on one either. Looking at Arneburner's profile he has experience with both.

If you are concerned I'd contact Frank (Virus) via email and say you just purchased one of his Viruses second-hand but barely used (send him a picture and give him the year 2011/2012) and were planning to use TD3s on it set up like (send a picture). Indicate you've heard about the possibility of damage to snowboard from TD bindings and does he think it would be ok to ride this board like this or should you put some kind of a plate between the board and the binding to help reduce any point loading.

Cheers,

Dave

Great Ride. I was interested in it too. Couple of weeks ago i had the chance to test its sister the "lightning" - same shape, different construction. Absolutely incredible board.

I have never seen nor heard of a new generation virus breaking or inserts ripping out. And they ride a lot over here in Europe. TD3s should work just fine.

Shred: Now you got the cash to come the SES?

I don't consider it misinformation when I have two friends that I ride with that have experienced problems with TD-3 step-in bindings on a 2011 Kessler 180 and a 2011 Virus Evolution. Frank from Virus rides Virus Bindings and Bruce from Coiler rides F2 Bindings. I have ridden with both of them and base my recommendation on discussions with them. I just feel it is better to be safe than sorry.

Jesal, I dont think you'd need em, but I have a set of Catek spacers kickin around somewhere. The might be a bit wide for a 17 cm board but I'm sure a guy could trim em down.

If you want them they're yours for $40.00, They're $80 on cateks site, I dont think there many miles on em.

lemme know,

Kurt